Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 08-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #26
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalatx View Post
I know I have posted these before. I have 2 more just no pics. The 1st 3 were taken within a few hours of the tattoo being done. The 4th I just like. More to come, getting 1 on the inside of my upper right arm soon.
Your foot tattoo is one of the best I've seen. It's so well executed and really beautiful.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #27
lalatx
has the worst intentions

lalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
I love the ones on your inside wrists. Did that area hurt a lot when you got them done?
Nope I laughed and I thought it was funny. I feel asleep when I got my back done. My foot is the only one that hurt and swelled up like crazy.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #28
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
You're certainly entitled to your opinion. As is everyone. I also feel, in general, and I'm not in any way directing this towards any one individual, that a thread entitled "Show off your tattoos" should primarily, if not solely, be populated with positive comments about tattoos.

For instance if somebody disliked them, that is totally valid but comments on dislike of tattoos should be made someplace other than on a thread directed at those who like them. Otherwise it's really rude.
I'm not particularly fussy over people saying they don't like tattoos in the thread. I just get tired of hearing the "they make women look so cheap," "she looks nasty" comments. Haven't we reached the point yet where, even if we don't like how a woman chooses to adorn herself, we can refrain from commenting on her character or lifestyle choices? Just saying "I don't like tattoos" is good enough.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #29
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Nope I laughed and I thought it was funny. I feel asleep when I got my back done. My foot is the only one that hurt and swelled up like crazy.
Wow. Yeah, I have one on my inside left ankle and that hurt like a mofo, way more than my upper arm tattoo.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:19 PM   #30
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Doing a photo shoot with repugnant Nazi paraphernalia is not cool and doesn't speak well of one's personal character. That's not the same as making the decision to have a lot of tattoos, though. How a woman chooses to modify her body is her choice and hers alone, and no one's business to comment on her 'nastiness' or 'lack of class' for choosing to do so. To quote from the seminal '80s girl band, Fuzzbox, "It's your preconceptions that have gone astray; don't look at how I look, listen to what I say. It's not my hair color, it's my hair that's the choice. Pay less attention to the packaging and listen to the voice."

Now back to your regularly scheduled tattoo love fest.
Once again I do not dislike tattoos. A few can look pretty.

People are going to have their opinions either way. Mine is that too many on women, is too many. On men it does not really matter.

Some people like Michelle McGee want to put themselves out there for the attention, and to be noticed, so people are going to have opinions about that.

Back on topic then.

Last edited by Shosh; 08-10-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #31
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I'm not particularly fussy over people saying they don't like tattoos in the thread. I just get tired of hearing the "they make women look so cheap," "she looks nasty" comments. Haven't we reached the point yet where, even if we don't like how a woman chooses to adorn herself, we can refrain from commenting on her character or lifestyle choices? Just saying "I don't like tattoos" is good enough.
I don't think we have, no.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #32
lalatx
has the worst intentions

lalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging inlalatx makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Wow. Yeah, I have one on my inside left ankle and that hurt like a mofo, way more than my upper arm tattoo.
Yeah the area of your foot and ankle hurts. It felt like razor blades slowly and deeply going across my skin for 90 minutes. Not fun but worth it.

I have heard the inside of your upper arm hurts pretty bad. I guess I will find that out pretty soon.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:23 PM   #33
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I know I have posted these before. I have 2 more just no pics. The 1st 3 were taken within a few hours of the tattoo being done. The 4th I just like. More to come, getting 1 on the inside of my upper right arm soon.

The quotes on my back are from Oscar Wilde. Star on my neck and stars on my wrists are just there b.c I like stars. The Latin wording on my wrists is on our family crest. The Lock and key I just like. I designed the pieces on my shoulders and my foot.
I love the colour in your tats, lalatx! So pretty, and very girlie
Old 08-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #34
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I need advice and suggestions. I'm considering getting a tattoo. It will be my first and only tattoo. I know they're addictive, as anyone in my family will attest but I sincerely want one tasteful tattoo in a private area of a pearl or pearls. I've Googled images and haven't seen anything to suit me.
Although I love mermaids and fish, I don't want them. I'd like to have a simple Latin word (already chosen) and a pearl. Any ideas?

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #35
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosh View Post
Once again I do not dislike tattoos. A few can look pretty.

People are going to have their opinions either way. Mine is that too many on women, is too many. On men it does not really matter.
So double standards are Ok, then?

Quote:
Some people like Michelle McGee want to put themselves out there for the attention, and to be noticed, so people are going to have opinions about that.
Would it be such a far stretch of the imagination to consider that maybe she got the tattoos just because she likes them? I'd agree, it seems she enjoys attention, considering all the photographic evidence, but what's so wrong with that? While I wouldn't choose to seek attention in the same way she does, I'm not going to judge her for choosing to do things differently. Her choice to have lots of pictures taken of her tattooed body doesn't affect me in any negative way.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #36
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I need advice and suggestions. I'm considering getting a tattoo. It will be my first and only tattoo. I know they're addictive, as anyone in my family will attest but I sincerely want one tasteful tattoo in a private area of a pearl or pearls. I've Googled images and haven't seen anything to suit me.
Although I love mermaids and fish, I don't want them. I'd like to have a simple Latin word (already chosen) and a pearl. Any ideas?
Some really cool script writing of the Latin word, and a pearl nestled in one of the curves of the script, like on a filigree at the end?
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #37
WomanlyHips
..Seen Lust, Seen Love...

WomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this boardWomanlyHips carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
I like that one. Did it hurt, getting it done in that area? I've been considering getting a datura flower tattooed on my back right shoulder, so I'm curious about the pain level. I have a small tatt on my inner right ankle that was WAY more painful to get than my upper arm tattoo, so I find different areas of the body react differently.
It was fairly uncomfortable at times, not bad enough where I was asking them to stop but painful enough to inspire occassional wincing.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #38
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I like tattoos. I may get a few myself.

It is not about tattoos, if you read what I am saying. It is that too many, is too many on women.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #39
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
I don't think we have, no.
I know. I keep hoping. It disappoints me every time.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #40
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

For the record, I really want to get a tattoo. Still shopping around for ideas, and trying to decide what spot would be best.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #41
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
So double standards are Ok, then?

Would it be such a far stretch of the imagination to consider that maybe she got the tattoos just because she likes them? I'd agree, it seems she enjoys attention, considering all the photographic evidence, but what's so wrong with that? While I wouldn't choose to seek attention in the same way she does, I'm not going to judge her for choosing to do things differently. Her choice to have lots of pictures taken of her tattooed body doesn't affect me in any negative way.
I think double standards are ok when it comes to men and tattoos. Generally speaking tattoos are a masculine thing, and they look attractive on men.
It is a fine line on what looks attractive on women with tattoos, and what starts to look awful.

Once again, my opinion, and probably the opinion of many others.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #42
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Some really cool script writing of the Latin word, and a pearl nestled in one of the curves of the script, like on a filigree at the end?
That could be pretty. The script could be used as the filigree, the pearl dropping from it.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #43
lalatx
has the worst intentions

Quote:
I like this idea. Also there are a lot of tattoo artists that have facebook pages and you can get an idea of the style that you want by looking at their work (look but do not copy lol).
Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #44
lalatx
has the worst intentions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
Your foot tattoo is one of the best I've seen. It's so well executed and really beautiful.
Thank you
Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #45
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Some fail to understand that tattoos started as something strictly for women. Men were banned from having tattoos for most of history. It was sign of beauty and fertility, and the more women were tattooed, the more people found them beautiful. Do some research.

And CP, I agree with the ideas others have said
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #46
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
It is a fine line on what looks attractive on women with tattoos, and what starts to look awful.
So glad you're here to help all us wayward tattooed ladies with our fashion sense, then. Where would be be without you?

Quote:
Once again, my opinion, and probably the opinion of many others.
I'd be very interested to hear them. Right now, you're just speaking for yourself. Among a lot of nasty, unattractive tattooed women who apparently have no character or class. So I might just be careful of what you say. You never know when one of us nasty, tattooed women might just lose control of our poor characters and getcha.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #47
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
So glad you're here to help all us wayward tattooed ladies with our fashion sense, then. Where would be be without you?

I'd be very interested to hear them. Right now, you're just speaking for yourself. Among a lot of nasty, unattractive tattooed women who apparently have no character or class. So I might just be careful of what you say. You never know when one of us nasty, tattooed women might just lose control of our poor characters and getcha.
You obviously have not read what I said.

I do not dislike tattoos. I just think too many, is too many.
Spin that any way you like.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #48
lalatx
has the worst intentions

Quote:
You obviously have not read what I said.

I do not dislike tattoos. I just think too many, is too many.
Spin that any way you like.
I get what you are saying. It is a personal preference on what you find attractive. Which is fine.

Luckily most people get tattoos b.c they want them and not to please others. It is a personal decision and is not meant for others to decide rather or not they are acceptable. To me my tattoos add to my personality and who I am. I must say that some of my clothes and shoes honestly look better b.c of where my tattoos are.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #49
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

My personal opinion is adult women can, and should do what they like with their bodies. Any reasonable woman knows she can not, and will not please everyone with her choices, so she should simply have a body that looks how she wants it to.

Some women choose to be fat. Some men think it's hot and some think it's just horribly ugly. That being said, it's up to each woman to look how she wants to and have an appearance that she finds attractive.

That may or may not be the entire point of this site.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #50
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
That could be pretty. The script could be used as the filigree, the pearl dropping from it.
Quote:
I like this idea. Also there are a lot of tattoo artists that have facebook pages and you can get an idea of the style that you want by looking at their work (look but do not copy lol).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post

And CP, I agree with the ideas others have said
Sounds like a plan. Now I'll have to check out some artists. Thanks!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote