Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #51
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

If I lived in LA, I'd love to get a tattoo at Kat Von D's shop.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:09 PM   #52
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
If I lived in LA, I'd love to get a tattoo at Kat Von D's shop.
I have to admit, I would too. There are some seriously great tattoo artists there. On an emotional level, I think a lot of people who work there are a serious mess (Kat especially), but they're great tattooers and obviously spend a lot of time working on their art with all the freehand drawing and painting they do. These days, you're on the waiting list for months to get an appointment there, and the prices are not inexpensive.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:11 PM   #53
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
I have to admit, I would too. There are some seriously great tattoo artists there. On an emotional level, I think a lot of people who work there are a serious mess (Kat especially), but they're great tattooers and obviously spend a lot of time working on their art with all the freehand drawing and painting they do. These days, you're on the waiting list for months to get an appointment there, and the prices are not inexpensive.
Oh yea, that show is a whole lot of hot mess. I like the show, but I miss the emphasis on the tattoos and the stories. But the pure love of the art that they have would make me 100% confident in how the tattoo would be finished. All of their pieces are really top-notch.

I smell a road trip!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #54
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Sounds like a plan. Now I'll have to check out some artists. Thanks!

i have to second the script-y-ness of the latin. i have a latin phrase tattooed on my inner forearms, and i tried every font i could get my hands on, but a simple script just looked best. i was a latin nerd in high school, so i loved how it sort of made my hobby pretty, if that makes sense, ha.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #55
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
Oh yea, that show is a whole lot of hot mess. I like the show, but I miss the emphasis on the tattoos and the stories. But the pure love of the art that they have would make me 100% confident in how the tattoo would be finished. All of their pieces are really top-notch.

I smell a road trip!
Yeah, I have to admit, I liked the first two seasons the best, when it was just the women and Corey. I've thought about going to Las Vegas to get some work done by some of the guys who worked on the original Inked show, at Hart & Huntington Tattoo.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #56
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

In regards to getting a tattoo at High Voltage Tattoo (the shop in LA Ink), tattoos START at 500$ a piece, and that's for the 1"x1" type. So just know it grows exponentially from there.

Portraits, however, start at 2000$, which might actually have gone up from the last time I checked. And portraits should be 3"x3" at their smallest in order to put in proper detailing. And I think it's even more if you specifically ask for Kat herself.

They definitely are NOT low prices, but the work they've done stands for itself and they take the time to properly draw out a tattoo for you and whatnot.

My friend and I were planning on getting a tattoo from someone at the shop for a long time. But that probably won't work out for us, lol.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:30 PM   #57
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
In regards to getting a tattoo at High Voltage Tattoo (the shop in LA Ink), tattoos START at 500$ a piece, and that's for the 1"x1" type. So just know it grows exponentially from there.
Whew, yeah, that's too rich for my blood. They definitely do good work, but I couldn't afford that much.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #58
Paquito
don't July to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post

Portraits, however, start at 2000$, which might actually have gone up from the last time I checked. And portraits should be 3"x3" at their smallest in order to put in proper detailing. And I think it's even more if you specifically ask for Kat herself.

They definitely are NOT low prices, but the work they've done stands for itself and they take the time to properly draw out a tattoo for you and whatnot.

My friend and I were planning on getting a tattoo from someone at the shop for a long time. But that probably won't work out for us, lol.
Oh damn haha. Yea... I'm sure there's a good local place I can go.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #59
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Whew, yeah, that's too rich for my blood. They definitely do good work, but I couldn't afford that much.
I hear ya! lol! None of my tattoos even came close to being 500$! And I think only 3 of the ones I've got planned will come up to that much. And those will be some massive scale tattoos! (Okay... not "massive" but a lot bigger than ones I've got now)
Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #60
Laura2008
Chicago hotdog

Laura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 clubLaura2008 is a member of the 500 club

This is my first tatoo and it's still my favorite. I got it when I was 18. My friend drew it for me. It looks kinda dull in the picture but it's held its color well for being 13 years old.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0810002211.jpg (62.7 KB, 351 views)
Old 08-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #61
dcoyote

dcoyote can now change their title

I really love tattoos, but I do think some people go over board. Your job options are pretty limited if you have lot.

I seriously want to get a few tattoos, but I never have the cash or time at hand to do it. At least I already have most of the piercings I want.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:36 PM   #62
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

I'm lucky that I like being as covered as possible... that whole "puritan" look. In fact, I NEVER show cleavage, so just imagine what I'm like about my arms, etc, lol. I've got no problem with covering up for work every single day of the year. But I'm odd like that, lol. But I still want sleeves and the entire shoulder blade and up area of my back covered. I'll never have as many as the woman in the picture that Shosh posted, because I know I can never pull that off lol, but I do want certain parts to be covered.

I will never do my face, neck, stomach, and most of my legs. I think the worst tattoos for a woman are chest pieces. A woman's breasts are what make her womanly, and I don't feel like a woman should tattoo them. I DO think some areas on a woman should never get tattooed. But that is MY opinion only.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #63
dcoyote

dcoyote can now change their title

I really want one between my boobs, but mine are pretty small. I really low cut stuff w/o showing boob.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #64
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Always wanted to get a particular logo tatooed over and around my right eye for a movie role, but I'd probably be shot to death instantly if I ever got it done.

That being said, getting the initials T.R.P. done on my left arm and The Warriors logo on my right would be a good idea.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #65
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoyote View Post
I really love tattoos, but I do think some people go over board. Your job options are pretty limited if you have lot.
As long as you keep them covered, not really. I've worked for corporate law firms and known attorneys with full tatt sleeves, chest and back pieces that the partners never saw because they were always covered up.

That, or find work in an industry where showing a little tatted skin isn't a big deal. I know several people who work in PR and have no problem showing their tatts or pink hair at the office.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:34 PM   #66
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Quote:
As long as you keep them covered, not really. I've worked for corporate law firms and known attorneys with full tatt sleeves, chest and back pieces that the partners never saw because they were always covered up.

That, or find work in an industry where showing a little tatted skin isn't a big deal. I know several people who work in PR and have no problem showing their tatts or pink hair at the office.
Exactly! I did data entry and reception for a government office and I had blue hair and my tattoos showing, as well a my massive nose hoop, and people were actually responsive in a positive way You just gotta find that open-minded place, and more and more places are getting like that.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #67
HayleeRose

HayleeRose has super-sized repHayleeRose has super-sized repHayleeRose has super-sized repHayleeRose has super-sized rep

This is my first tattoo I just got it on my 18th
birthday in Februar. In the picture only one of the
birds is shaded, I had to go back for the rest,
I just dont have any pictures of it all the way done.

I dont really have a meaning or a story behind it
I just think the birds are beautiful and I had wanted them
for like 4 years. After I got them though I found out sparrows
represent good luck, and "a safe end to a dangerous journey",
so maybe subconciously thats why I chose them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tattoo.jpg2.jpg (17.7 KB, 318 views)
HayleeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:44 AM   #68
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
The thing is California is full of great tattoo artists. If you look at my two biggest tattoos, the detail is amazing. And I have seen lots of his other work. The guy is incredible.

The messed up area was my fault, I need to get it fixed.

This one you can even read the Hofner on it. It looks like i put a sticker on my leg.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #69
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleeRose View Post
This is my first tattoo I just got it on my 18th
birthday in Februar. In the picture only one of the
birds is shaded, I had to go back for the rest,
I just dont have any pictures of it all the way done.

I dont really have a meaning or a story behind it
I just think the birds are beautiful and I had wanted them
for like 4 years. After I got them though I found out sparrows
represent good luck, and "a safe end to a dangerous journey",
so maybe subconciously thats why I chose them.
These are darling!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:46 AM   #70
blubberismanly

blubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I call it the tree of death.

Damnit, my cell phone is being a bitch again. Okay, I'll fix it when I have regular internet.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #71
DharmaDave

DharmaDave can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDharmaDave can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
i have to second the script-y-ness of the latin. i have a latin phrase tattooed on my inner forearms, and i tried every font i could get my hands on, but a simple script just looked best. i was a latin nerd in high school, so i loved how it sort of made my hobby pretty, if that makes sense, ha.
I was a Latin nerd in high school as well. And a Classics major in college. What phrases do you have tattooed?
DharmaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 AM   #72
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DharmaDave View Post
I was a Latin nerd in high school as well. And a Classics major in college. What phrases do you have tattooed?
oh gracious, you are far more well versed in it than i am, haha! i have 'ad astra per aspera' on my forearms....ad astra on one, per aspera on the other. kind of my daily fuel/mantra/reminder.

i know it sounds incredibly lame, but when i got them years ago, it was a big part of pulling myself out of a rather dark spot in life, since i could see them so often. it's nice even now, when i'm having a rough time with something, to look down and remind myself that darkness always passes. oh, and since this is the tattoo thread, i also have three stars on each wrist...one for my mama and my two little brothers.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #73
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamarie69 View Post
(image here)
The messed up area was my fault, I need to get it fixed.

(image here)
This one you can even read the Hofner on it. It looks like i put a sticker on my leg.
Wow! Those really are awesomely detailed! I especially like the guitar one I am hoping to get a guitar myself It won't be as detailed, by choice, but I still love yours!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:03 PM   #74
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Posted these in an older thread, but... Still trying to decide on what my next one will be

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #75
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

I love skull themed tattoos! One guy I have an absolute crush on has 2 full sleeves of nothing but skulls. Awesomeness!