Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default "Fat girls" banned from Montreal club

http://www.montrealgazette.com/healt...462/story.html

Quote:
Although a Montreal nightclub is distancing itself from an invitation on its Facebook page that specified "NO FAT GIRLS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!" people familiar with the local party scene say clubs regularly -if not so overtly -discriminate based on looks.
I think it's pretty horrible that you'd put that on a facebook group. It's sad because I'm sure this type of discrimination is happening constantly and and more subtley just at the bouncer level.

I say we get together and start a fat club
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The first rule of Fat club-- you do not talk with your mouth full about Fat Club.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #3
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post
http://www.montrealgazette.com/healt...462/story.html

I think it's pretty horrible that you'd put that on a facebook group. It's sad because I'm sure this type of discrimination is happening constantly and and more subtley just at the bouncer level.

It probably happens all the time- it's terrible. And, a lot of people just don't care- it doesn't get the emotion and hype as if only a certain ethnicity was turned away.

And, if the Japanese can have clubs devoted to their debusen culture, there should totally be fat clubs over here =D
Old 08-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
The first rule of Fat club-- you do not talk with your mouth full about Fat Club.
Ugh, you beat me to it.

That's kind of a stupid story, but it could happen anywhere, people who club are GENERALLY pretty freakin' superficial. It's horrible that they said it so publicly.

That being said... FAT CLUB! I'll bring the techno. Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss...
Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 PM   #5
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

That's weird. A friend of mine goes to that bar and she is very evidently a BBW. I've never been turned away from bars or clubs in any city I've gone to, though some of my friends have had hard times getting in. That is pretty messed up, though. Time for a fat club!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #6
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm gonna call it "Club Sandwich"

We have so many bouncers here. They can alternate around.

I get to be the pimping club owner, and Paquito can be my ethnic wingman. Melian gets to be the cynical chick behind the bar.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSpark View Post
I'm gonna call it "Club Sandwich"

We have so many bouncers here. They can alternate around.

I get to be the pimping club owner, and Paquito can be my ethnic wingman. Melian gets to be the cynical chick behind the bar.
I would totally hang out there.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #8
Kazak

Kazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Glutton View Post

there was a bbw club called "club bounce" and I think there is still one called "curve". when bounce closed a lot of the women started going to "the hop" in lakewood. its a bit of a drive from burbank.
it sounds like a promoter not the actual club that did this. I've never been told keep people out save for age and dress code. the clubs want the money.
Kazak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
LovesBigMen
Poco G. leave it there xD

LovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized rep

Well that club and any clubs that are agains BBW are stupid. And there are clubs for BBW and BHM I would never go in though cause I am scared they would stare at me and hate me heh
Old 08-12-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
WillSpark
King Of The Robo-Sluts

WillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWillSpark is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Oh, and all of my Robo-sluts get to be part of the special club posse.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #11
Ninja Glutton
Film and Music Geek

Ninja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions communityNinja Glutton is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
It probably happens all the time- it's terrible. And, a lot of people just don't care- it doesn't get the emotion and hype as if only a certain ethnicity was turned away.

And, if the Japanese can have clubs devoted to their debusen culture, there should totally be fat clubs over here =D
Yeah, it seems as if people are totally okay with anti-fat hatred and sentiment, but they're all up in arms when it falls into the race category. Either way, it's negative energy on the basis of arbitrary physical distinctions. I say phooey on all of it.
Ninja Glutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #12
ChrisVersion2

ChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_eggplant View Post
Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss...
<( ^ _ ^ <)

<( ^ _ ^ )>

(> ^ _ ^ )>

<( ^ _ ^ )>

<( ^ _ ^ <)
Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #13
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
there was a bbw club called "club bounce" and I think there is still one called "curve". when bounce closed a lot of the women started going to "the hop" in lakewood. its a bit of a drive from burbank.
it sounds like a promoter not the actual club that did this. I've never been told keep people out save for age and dress code. the clubs want the money.
Bounce is still there...every Friday and Saturday night. There's another size acceptance club nearby too called The Butterfly Lounge open every Saturday night.

It's one thing to get through the doors of a club...but then how you get treated once you're inside matters too. (There are clubs that are not BBW/BHM specific that are still super chill, but some aren't, obviously...)
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:06 PM   #14
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

It absolutely sucks to hear that a club would engage in size discrimination, but it's not exactly new. Last year, the internet dating site BeautifulPeople.com decided to exclude "ugly/unattractive" people from their site. Apparently, before people can officially join BeautifulPeople.com, they have to post a photo on the site which people then vote on. If the photo doesn't get enough positive votes, the person is considered "too ugly" for BeautifulPeople.com and not allowed to join the site. Heinous discrimination, but it goes on.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #15
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
It absolutely sucks to hear that a club would engage in size discrimination, but it's not exactly new. Last year, the internet dating site BeautifulPeople.com decided to exclude "ugly/unattractive" people from their site. Apparently, before people can officially join BeautifulPeople.com, they have to post a photo on the site which people then vote on. If the photo doesn't get enough positive votes, the person is considered "too ugly" for BeautifulPeople.com and not allowed to join the site. Heinous discrimination, but it goes on.
Not only do they exclude them but they revoked membership of 5000 who had gained weight over the holiday season. They were told they could resubmit pics for the other members to decide if they were worthy.

Personally, I'm usually with Groucho when it comes to clubs.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #16
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
Personally, I'm usually with Groucho when it comes to clubs.
I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that has me as a member.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:43 AM   #17
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSpark View Post
Oh, and all of my Robo-sluts get to be part of the special club posse.
YES!
Quote:
Heh, when that came about, my friends and I created a profile, both with superbly ugly pictures (unshaven, stained, gross-looking), and really amazing pictures (high quality, we even used makeup) of my guy friend. It was kind of funny reading the comments.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 AM   #18
kinkykitten
FFA-Property of Von_Pudge

kinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging inkinkykitten makes people happy simply by logging in

This is just a sad relflection of the discrimination happening these days.. Some peoples close minded ways and ignorance annoy the hell out of me

I'm with you on the fat club.. totally!
kinkykitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:57 AM   #19
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Totally true. Clubs are private property and thus reserve the right to deny entry to anyone for any reason. It's BS, but they've been doing it forever and I think that basically every group of similar people has been denied entry from some club at some point. "Oh shit, I don't like your shoes. Get the fuck out of my line."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic_eggplant View Post
Heh, when that came about, my friends and I created a profile, both with superbly ugly pictures (unshaven, stained, gross-looking), and really amazing pictures (high quality, we even used makeup) of my guy friend. It was kind of funny reading the comments.
Ha! That site. When it first started, I applied just for shits - was WAAAY too ugly for them (read: did not have orange tan, bleached hair, fake tits, collagen lips, etc). A small group of guys who liked "alternative" chicks formed this alliance to vote me in, but they were outnumbered! Gawd...it was hilarious, free entertainment though.

NB. I also joined AshleyMadison (the adultery site) for more free entertainment - received so many unsolicited dick pictures, you wouldn't believe....
Old 08-13-2010, 05:11 AM   #20
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I can't really force myself to have a problem with what beautifulpeople.com does. The owner of that site has a clear idea of what a beautiful person is in his opinion, and he has gathered a userbase that feels the same way as he does.

He put up the time, money, and effort to create what he wanted...I can't hold it against the guy if he does exactly what he said he set out to do!
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:15 AM   #21
Kazak

Kazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized repKazak has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
"Oh shit, I don't like your shoes. Get the fuck out of my line."
see I would just say " sorry your shoes don't go with the dress code. gimme $10 i'll let you in though" its called a tax. that's how the dude @ the door gets paid.

Last edited by Kazak; 08-13-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:17 AM   #22
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazak View Post
see I would just like" sorry your shoes don't go with the dress code. gimme $10 i'll let you in." its called a tax. that's how the dude @ the door gets paid.
You, sir, are an entrepreneur. Do you think that Montreal club should have charged an ass-tax, then?
Old 08-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #23
Kazak

Quote:
You, sir, are an entrepreneur. Do you think that Montreal club should have charged an ass-tax, then?
I used to work the vip line at a club in l.a. and I used to tax the hell outa them kids. it was 18 and over. age I was strict on but dress code I made money on. ass tax? I guess if you give ol' boy a tape measure it would be done.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #24
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Quote:
It's what I like to call "Grope Tax"
Old 08-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #25
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Speaking of clubs...

Ladyfights?