Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Archives > Hyde Park (Archive Only)

Old 08-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
Gomes

Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics
Thumbs up New principal's speech

From an E mail:
To the students and faculty of our high school:

I am your new principal, and honored to be so. There is no greater calling than to teach young people.
I would like to apprise you of some important changes coming to our school. I am making these changes because I am convinced that most of the ideas that have dominated public education in America have worked against you, against your teachers and against our country.
First, this school will no longer honor race or ethnicity. I could not care less if your racial makeup is black, brown, red, yellow or white. I could not care less if your origins are African, Latin American, Asian or European, or if your ancestors arrived here on the Mayflower or on slave ships.

The only identity I care about, the only one this school will recognize, is your individual identity -- your character, your scholarship, your humanity. And the only national identity this school will care about is American. This is an American public school, and American public schools were created to make better Americans.

If you wish to affirm an ethnic, racial or religious identity through school, you will have to go elsewhere. We will end all ethnicity-, race- and non-American nationality-based celebrations. They undermine the motto of America , one of its three central values -- e pluribus unum, "from many, one."

And this school will be guided by America 's values.
This includes all after-school clubs. I will not authorize clubs that divide students based on any identities. This includes race, language, religion, sexual orientation or whatever else may become in vogue in a society divided by political correctness.

Your clubs will be based on interests and passions, not blood, ethnic, racial or other physically defined ties. Those clubs just cultivate narcissism -- an unhealthy preoccupation with the self -- while the purpose of education is to get you to think beyond yourself. So we will have clubs that transport you to the wonders and glories of art, music, astronomy, languages you do not already speak, carpentry and more. If the only extracurricular activities you can imagine being interesting in are those based on ethnic, racial or sexual identity, that means that little outside of yourself really interests you.

Second, I am uninterested in whether English is your native language. My only interest in terms of language is that you leave this school speaking and writing English as fluently as possible. The English language has united America 's citizens for over 200 years, and it will unite us at this school. It is one of the indispensable reasons this country of immigrants has always come to be one country. And if you leave this school without excellent English language skills, I would be remiss in my duty to ensure that you will be prepared to successfully compete in the American job market. We will learn other languages here. It is deplorable that most Americans only speak English but if you want classes taught in your native language rather than in English, this is not your school.

Third, because I regard learning as a sacred endeavor, everything in this school will reflect learning's elevated status. This means, among other things, that you and your teachers will dress accordingly. Many people in our society dress more formally for Hollywood events than for church or school. These people have their priorities backward. Therefore, there will be a formal dress code at this school.

Fourth, no obscene language will be tolerated anywhere on this school's property -- whether in class, in the hallways or at athletic events. If you can't speak without using the f-word, you can't speak. By obscene language I mean the words banned by the Federal Communications Commission, plus epithets such as "******," even when used by one black student to address another black, or "bitch," even when addressed by a girl to a girlfriend. It is my intent that by the time you leave this school, you will be among the few your age to instinctively distinguish between the elevated and the degraded, the holy and the obscene.

Fifth, we will end all self-esteem programs. In this school, self-esteem will be attained in only one way -- the way people attained it until decided otherwise a generation ago -- by earning it. One immediate consequence is that there will be one valedictorian, not eight.
Sixth, and last, I am reorienting the school toward academics and away from politics and propaganda. No more time will devoted to scaring you about smoking and caffeine, or terrifying you about sexual harassment or global warming. No more semesters will be devoted to condom wearing and teaching you to regard sexual relations as only or primarily a health issue. There will be no more attempts to convince you that you are a victim because you are not white, or not male, or not heterosexual or not Christian. We will have failed if any one of you graduates this school and does not consider him or herself inordinately lucky to be alive and to be an American.

Now, please stand and join me in the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag of our country. As many of you do not know the words, your teachers will hand them out to you.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

What High School is this? Sounds like the principal wants "Stepford" kids rather than students.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
blubberismanly

blubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Does this "principal" have a name?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
diggers1917
Cynical Romantic

diggers1917 has super-sized repdiggers1917 has super-sized repdiggers1917 has super-sized repdiggers1917 has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
IF you wish to affirm an ethnic, racial or religious identity through school, you will have to go elsewhere. We will end all ethnicity-, race- and non-American nationality-based celebrations. They undermine the motto of America ,one of its three central values -- e pluribus unum, "from many, one."
Anyone notice a slight dissonance in that to achieve the unity sought after in 'e pluribus unum' (in itself a wonderful concept) he seems to be denying the 'from many' part?

:bow:
Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #5
garbled
fighting the fight

garbled can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesgarbled can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggers1917 View Post
Anyone notice a slight dissonance in that to achieve the unity sought after in 'e pluribus unum' (in itself a wonderful concept) he seems to be denying the 'from many' part?
Wait til he tries to cancel stpatricks day, the irish will tear him apart
Old 08-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calauria View Post
What High School is this? Sounds like the principal wants "Stepford" kids rather than students.
Yes... and to make sure that the pupils are on the right track....

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 08-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

This principal would have thrived in the Soviet pioneer schools, what with their authoritarian stance on individual student expression and amazingly single minded concentration on annhilating student's identities (the middle paragraphs are particularly evocative of Soviet Russification policies). It also syncs up nicely with education in authoritarian societies with the whitewashing of history evident in the last paragraphs; history's not just a sanitized string of nationalistic victories sans victims, it's quite fluid as new primary sources emerge which is why it's such a powerful way for humanity to reflect on and examine where we came from.

It's a little absurd to see a poster who routinely compares the policies of a moderate center-left president to some of the worst dictators in human history applauding and presenting the ravings of an absolute ogre of an imaginary executive as mana from heaven. Worth a laugh at least.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:55 PM   #8
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

it's also pretty galling to read someone ranting about narcissim when it's clear they've never been involved with any of the student organizations they find so reprehensible.

I joined my high school's Asian Students' organization mostly because several of my friends were involved and hanging out with them in the meetings was more fun than killing time in the hallway waiting for them. Hardly navel gazing contemplation over how awesome it was to be Asian-American most meetings were about service oppurtunities in our city's Asian communities and planning the organization's fundraising assemblies (to put those funds back into community service orgs).

The assemblies were actually pretty cool because they provided a venue for folk art that our talented students might have felt awkward presenting/performing during our school's conventional talent shows. I also got involved in community service through the club; first with little things like helping clean up a park on a saturday morning and later seeking out volunteer oppurtunities in the community. I ended up teaching computer literacy to ESL adults and pre-teen students; many of whom relied on our computer lab because they didn't have internet access or a computer at home and we were closer to their home than the nearest library.

Not to knock other extracurriculars I joined, but it was a hell of a lot more rewarding than writing for the literary journal
Old 08-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #9
Ola
Keeper of 'tinis

Ola does more than just post hot picsOla does more than just post hot picsOla does more than just post hot pics

The guy who wrote that is clearly insane. Oh, and a walking paradox!

"We will recognize your individual identity, BUT YOU HAVE TO WEAR UNIFORMS AND STICK TO THE FOLLOWING NARROW RULES ABOUT HOW YOU MAY EXPRESS YOURSELF!"

"Teaching and learning is truly great and it is a shame that Americans don't speak more languages, but we are NOT going to teach you the following list of things anymore, because I personally don't believe in them."

Bahaha! This is delightfully retarded!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:18 AM   #10
IrishBard
womble/leprechaun hybrid!

IrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 club

the guys a wanker.

Whilst I agree with the whole Individual identity part, for alot of people their family history and culture plays an important role in their lives. what about Indian students, whose native culture requires certain practices to be fulfilled. I agree, not making exclusive clubs for this would be fine, but jesus-not-quite-as-we-know-him-christ, at least have a bloody place for people to air their grievences if they have any.

about his other points, Ola hit the nail on the head, there seems to be a really inconsistant attitude towards what he's saying. "you will all learn the english language, but no other languages because you will not be using them," hang the fuck on there, mate.

the self esteem programs are probably the biggest stick in the craw. if a kid is struggling, they need these programs in order to help them succeed. this social darwinist (and it is literally that) attitude towards education is disconcerting at best.

this guy is setting people up to fail. it's as simple as that. they are either not going to get the educaitonal help they need, or they are going to drop out of school due to teenage pregnancy. Whilst I understand he want's to take it back down the rosey avenues of nostalgia lane, we are living in an age where the stuff he is taking away is often crucial for some students lives.

Playing with everything (tee hee!) *eliminated*

Nip~pah!*eliminated*

what would judas do? *eliminated*

pro-violins: I hit people with violins if they're stupid
Old 08-15-2010, 03:00 AM   #11
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, that principal is straight out of a Season 4 episode of 21 Jump Street. In the end the students and teachers revolt and the principal resigns.

Dictator principal's rarely last
Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Now open your books to page 32. Tear it out! Throw the book away! Throw it in the corner. Take off your shoes: today we will learn how to walk!

Where's Ethan Hawke when you need him. Oh captain, my captain.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:47 AM   #13
Gomes

Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBard View Post
the guys a wanker.

Whilst I agree with the whole Individual identity part, for alot of people their family history and culture plays an important role in their lives. what about Indian students, whose native culture requires certain practices to be fulfilled. I agree, not making exclusive clubs for this would be fine, but jesus-not-quite-as-we-know-him-christ, at least have a bloody place for people to air their grievences if they have any.

about his other points, Ola hit the nail on the head, there seems to be a really inconsistant attitude towards what he's saying. "you will all learn the english language, but no other languages because you will not be using them," hang the fuck on there, mate.

the self esteem programs are probably the biggest stick in the craw. if a kid is struggling, they need these programs in order to help them succeed. this social darwinist (and it is literally that) attitude towards education is disconcerting at best.

this guy is setting people up to fail. it's as simple as that. they are either not going to get the educaitonal help they need, or they are going to drop out of school due to teenage pregnancy. Whilst I understand he want's to take it back down the rosey avenues of nostalgia lane, we are living in an age where the stuff he is taking away is often crucial for some students lives.
This approach was used for nearly two centuries. People came here from Italy, Ireland, Russia, Poland, etc. They learned the language and they did not fail. Why is now any different?

In my job, I encounter people who lived here all of their lives. Graduated from High School but can't fill out a form. How did they even make it into high school? Then they yell at me when their paperwork does not go through because they filled out the form incorrectly.

But it's getting better. The forms are now online and when they fill it out incorrectly, the computer rejects them so I don't have top hear it. So, in the end, who really benefited by refusing to learn English and having their self esteem pampered?

EDITED TO ADD: When my parents came here they learned the language. Even though they spoke with an access, they were able to communicate in English. They taught us English BEFORE teaching us Spanish because we were in America. We were Cuban AMERICANS. We were Americans FIRST -- that's why we were in this country. Our flag was the AMERICAN flag.

Last edited by Gomes; 08-15-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #14
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like how everyone skips over the fact that this isn't a real email from an actual principal of an actual school, but rather just a composite of ideas like all Gomes other emails.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #15
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
I like how everyone skips over the fact that this isn't a real email from an actual principal of an actual school, but rather just a composite of ideas like all Gomes other emails.
I like the Oh captain my captain response better. In fact let's all start a Dead Poet's Society

There once was a poster in our home
who apparently lives under a dome
His views are from Stalin's rule
He's about as funny as peeing in the pool
If you want a razor sharp wit
You certainly won't find it
If you want a sensible discussion
You're better off with a concussion
Entwine yourself in another thread
Its much better than what he has said
Old 08-15-2010, 11:10 AM   #16
IrishBard
womble/leprechaun hybrid!

IrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomes View Post
This approach was used for nearly two centuries. People came here from Italy, Ireland, Russia, Poland, etc. They learned the language and they did not fail. Why is now any different?

In my job, I encounter people who lived here all of their lives. Graduated from High School but can't fill out a form. How did they even make it into high school? Then they yell at me when their paperwork does not go through because they filled out the form incorrectly.

But it's getting better. The forms are now online and when they fill it out incorrectly, the computer rejects them so I don't have top hear it. So, in the end, who really benefited by refusing to learn English and having their self esteem pampered?

EDITED TO ADD: When my parents came here they learned the language. Even though they spoke with an access, they were able to communicate in English. They taught us English BEFORE teaching us Spanish because we were in America. We were Cuban AMERICANS. We were Americans FIRST -- that's why we were in this country. Our flag was the AMERICAN flag.

when I was talking about self esteem, I was talking about people with learning difficulties. it's all to easy to have poeple give up on enducation entirely because they can't read. When you think they are being willfully ignorant, I think they just don't get it, and thus react in a hostile manner to it.

I'm a teacher. a young one, admittedly, but in my 2 years of teaching children, I've quickly learnt that a childs self-esteem about their work is crucial to their improvement and development in education. A child with enough confidence in their work and with their abilities can succeed far beyond the brow-beaten and the humbled-into-submission.

the English (I assume they would be taught the queen english, and not some jingo-laidened bastardisation they teach across the pond,) factor is crucial for succeeding, yes. and for what he does right, then yes, he should be applauded for. but some students have a very real problem with learning english, and if the self-esteem programs are cut, then the child will not get the help they need.

making the points about stupid form fillers, I would say that you would get that even if this policy went through, and probably even worse. these rules, if implemented on a national scale (not saying that it will), will mean more people having more trouble filling in forms, coming to you, and complaining at you about it. A simple class about basic beuracracy, whilst probably extremely dull, will rectify this, rather than totalitarian measures on students whose only crime is attending that school.

just because we did it for so long does not mean we abandon a developing system in order to go back to the old one. that is called stagnation, and that is pissing in the face of 100 years of progress. we can now identify dsylexia, dyspraxia, and other learning difficulties, rather than simply branding them as stupid and leaving it at that. Yes, it might be simpler to do that, but geniuses have formed with those very same difficulties, and we have learnt the hard way that passing up genius is a too big of a risk. You will no doubt come back with something about "not every kid's a genius", but not every kid who can't necessarily make sense of a particular bit of text should be labeled as the class dunce, either.

the principle in question is a pompous wind-bag, not realising that by abandoning the various programs, he damages the students he teachs. in a personal oppinion, the man is not fit to be a teacher, let alone run a bloody school. the students well beings must come first, this includes every student, no just those who are more than capable. social darwinism has proven not to work and is harmful to society, so doing it in education, where we find the shaping of the next generation, is to my point of view, is morally repugnant.

thank you for your time, I expect your reply shortly.

Playing with everything (tee hee!) *eliminated*

Nip~pah!*eliminated*

what would judas do? *eliminated*

pro-violins: I hit people with violins if they're stupid
Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
I like the Oh captain my captain response better. In fact let's all start a Dead Poet's Society

There once was a poster in our home
who apparently lives under a dome
His views are from Stalin's rule
He's about as funny as peeing in the pool
If you want a razor sharp wit
You certainly won't find it
If you want a sensible discussion
You're better off with a concussion
Entwine yourself in another thread
Its much better than what he has said
Yeah but this thread is a discussion about somebody who doesn't exist.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #18
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Yeah but this thread is a discussion about somebody who doesn't exist.
Nevermind that then. Carry on
Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #19
MisterGuy

MisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging in

It's the height of ignorant white social privilege to espouse the virtue of being "colorblind," since white people are typically the majority in any group and don't have to think about their skin color, or what other people think about their skin color.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:11 PM   #20
LoveBHMS
default title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGuy View Post
It's the height of ignorant white social privilege to espouse the virtue of being "colorblind," since white people are typically the majority in any group and don't have to think about their skin color, or what other people think about their skin color.
What makes you think the author is white? There are plenty of conservatives of other races. I forgot his name now, but there was that famous black principal whose story was made into a movie. This whole thing sounded like him.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #21
MisterGuy

MisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging in

The race of the "principal" doesn't make what I said less true, only that if it were a black principal it obviously wouldn't be white privilege, but rather a black man carrying water for white privilege.

Also, I assume Christmas will not be observed in this school, owing to its pagan, non-American lineage.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #22
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
THANK YOU! Why argue over something that is totally made up? Oh wait I forgot where I was for a second.... this is Hyde Park....carry on.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
Old 08-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #23
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy500tchr View Post
THANK YOU! Why argue over something that is totally made up? Oh wait I forgot where I was for a second.... this is Hyde Park....carry on.
I protest, Atlantic City college is going to run right over Southwest San Diego State.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #24
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGuy View Post
The race of the "principal" doesn't make what I said less true, only that if it were a black principal it obviously wouldn't be white privilege, but rather a black man carrying water for white privilege.

Also, I assume Christmas will not be observed in this school, owing to its pagan, non-American lineage.
I found out from my 86-year-old father-in-law: When he was in high school, the only people that celebrated Christmas on December 25 were the Catholics. The Orthodox - Greek, Russian, Ukranian, Armenian - celebrated it on January 6th. The Protestants thought of it as a pagan celebration.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #25
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well Christmas IS just something the Catholic church pre-split took from the pagans back in the day to bring in some of the those pagans in by saying, "Look! We have your yule stuff, too!"

Seeing as the protestants are...uh...not too fond of the ways of the catholic church it is no surprise.