Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 05-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #1
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Location: Kansas City, MO (Most of KC is in Missouri and not Kansas, just FYI.)
Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Songs you HATE from Bands you LOVE!

I'm soooo biting of Ryan's idea (hope ya don't mind ~begs forgiveness~), but it's such a fun subject and it's still fun when ya twist it around a little.

Song I Hate - "Jumper" by Band I Love - Third Eye Blind

Song I Hate - "Stand" by Band I Love - Poison

Song I Hate - "Losing My Religion" by Band I Love - REM

Other offenders, anyone?

Hear the Twitter Patter of Little Tweets.
http://bit.ly/BuffieTweets
Buffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:23 PM   #2
Mini
Right, not nice

Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mini has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"How You Remind Me" by Nickleback, though this needs to be qualified.

I loved the band completely and totally until this song absolutely ruined them for me. I haven't bought a CD of theirs since this overplayed piece of shite hit the airwaves.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"The Trees", by Rush. I fricking hate that song. It sounds like something Spinal Tap would do.

(Love Spinal Tap, though).
Old 05-22-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
The Kid
Custom User Title

The Kid can now change their title

"SONG I HATE" ~ BAND

"Mother" ~ Pink Floyd (I never really liked it. No real beat, just a storyline song)

"Seamus" ~ Pink Floyd (Unlike in "Dogs" there was no need for dog barking)

"Fat Bottomed Girls" ~ Queen (Oh the irony of saying that on this site but it's just doesn't sound right to me.)

"Night Drive" ~ Jimmy Eat World (Just... don't like it.)

"Nasim Joon" ~ O.A.R. (Their latest album as a whole was a "sell-out" album)

I'm sure there's more....
Old 05-22-2006, 06:55 PM   #5
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

"Dyermaker" by Led Zeppelin
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:18 PM   #6
The Kid
Custom User Title

The Kid can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
Ohhh! Good call! See I said there were more I didn't like!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:31 PM   #7
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

"November [obscene gerund] Rain" by Guns 'n' [obscene gerund] Roses

ONE overplayed song - "Welcome to the Jungle" - I can tolerate. Not two. Not when the second one is a power [obscene gerund] ballad.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #8
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"Turbo Lover" by Judas Priest. I love JP, have since I was a teen, but god that song is just....ugh, it makes my brain hurt.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #9
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Twisted Sister's cover of Leader of the Pack.

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #10
GWARrior

GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!GWARrior has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Angel is my absolute favorite Judas Priest song!

Currently, Ive been diggin Wicked Game by HIM. Ok, so its a cover, but the HIM version is awesome, even tho I dont like them.
GWARrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #11
Moonchild
Seniory McMember

Moonchild does more than just post hot picsMoonchild does more than just post hot picsMoonchild does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnaalicious
"Turbo Lover" by Judas Priest. I love JP, have since I was a teen, but god that song is just....ugh, it makes my brain hurt.
I know a lot of people probably disagree, but I could never stand "Living After Midnight."
Old 05-22-2006, 08:11 PM   #12
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Hey Jude and The Long and Winding Road by The Beatles

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #13
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnnekked
Hey Jude and The Long and Winding Road by The Beatles
Re. Long and Winding Road: McCartney HATED what Phil Spector did to his song. The "Naked" version is supposed to be much, much better.

OK, next shipwrecked song: "I Got My Mind Set on You" By George Harrison. HOW MANY TIMES DOES HE SING THAT LINE????????????? AAAAAAAAUUUGHGHHHHH!!!! My sweet lord, but that's a wretched song.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #14
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!Buffie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
No! Not that one! It's a good one!

That makes me wanna put on my hula skirt and coconut bra!

Oh oh oh oh oh oh You don't have to go, oh oh oh oh...

Old 05-22-2006, 08:46 PM   #15
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
"November [obscene gerund] Rain" by Guns 'n' [obscene gerund] Roses

ONE overplayed song - "Welcome to the Jungle" - I can tolerate. Not two. Not when the second one is a power [obscene gerund] ballad.
A-frickin-men! Gag me with a bag full of dirty socks, that song rots so filthy bad. Hated it from the FIRST time and hated it into the GROUND by the zillionth time I heard it and I hope I never hear it again.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:50 PM   #16
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I only have one that comes to mind. I never usually "hate" any song by any band that I like. I can sometimes be rather open-minded about music, a little too open-minded.

Korn - Another Brick In The Wall (Part 2)

Overplayed, and not even that great of a cover. Oozes boringness.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:02 PM   #17
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffie

PLEASE DO THAT. It would totally redeem that song for me.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:05 PM   #18
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not too fond of "Last Action Hero" by Tesla.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #19
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffie

Them's gonna be some really, really big coconuts....
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:24 PM   #20
Buffie
KittyBuffieKat

Donnaalicious! ~Blush~! LOL

C'mon woman, I know there have been some metal stinkers by a band you dig. Who dropped the worst metal bomb in your book?

Old 05-22-2006, 09:32 PM   #21
fatlane
Starting Arvist

Maybe the special effects guys at LucasArts could come up with some...

Anyway, I can't stand the entire "Club Ninja" album from Blue Oyster Cult. Every few years, I try to give it another chance and it sucks just as bad as the last time I listened to it.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:46 PM   #22
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The Beatles - "You Know My Name - Look Up The Number"

Beach Boys - "Heroes and Villains"

And a few solo artists....

Frank Sinatra - "Bad Bad Leroy Brown"

Roy Orbison - "Pretty Paper" - easily the stupidest Christmas song of all time.

Sammy Davis, Jr. - "Theme From 'Shaft'" - if you've never heard it, good!!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #23
Timberwolf
back.

Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpi
I never usually "hate" any song by any band that I like. I can ... be rather open-minded about music, a little too open-minded.
Same over here.
"Do not try this at home"
warning.

-Zandoz-
It's the self-acceptance that makes the beauty.
-Waxwing-
"A woman without a belly is no woman."
- arabian proverb -
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Empty wall?
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 04:37 AM   #24
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Genesis, "Illegal Alien". <shudder>
Old 05-23-2006, 05:28 AM   #25
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Skinny Puppy's cover of "Borderline"

The Doors - "Hello I Love You"