Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-27-2005, 07:05 AM   #26
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
To this day, I'm not sure which one of us (me or the stocker) made the mistake...
My money's on you.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:11 AM   #27
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
My money's on you.

Right? Yeah, me too most likely. It was just so horrifying. All I could think was: how many OTHER TIMES have I said this? You should've seen me duck out of that little shop, all the while saying: please let the trolley be at the station, please let the trolley be at the station. I was dreading the Manager coming out and yelling after me, very loudly: Miss, are you the one looking for TOM OF FINLAND products? Miss? MISS??
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 07:34 AM   #28
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

As I am never one in the know I had to google Tom of Finland..whew.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:40 AM   #29
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
I was dreading the Manager coming out and yelling after me, very loudly: Miss, are you the one looking for TOM OF FINLAND products? Miss? MISS??
I once had a lovely friendship begin that very way.

[BB casts her eyes upward and fondly ponders her fag hag days, memories of which are interrupted by a sudden craving for "Got To Be Real" by Cheryl Lynn.]
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

Old 10-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #30
Delaney

Cheese, Coffee, and Candies are my downfalls at Trader Joe's!!
Old 10-27-2005, 05:16 PM   #31
autopaint-1
Manny Moe & Jack Fan Club

autopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going on
Thumbs up David Glass

If you have a Trader Joe's close by and they sell David Glass cakes (ours does), buy one. The chocolate truffle cake is fabulous. http://www.davidglass.com/
When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste your tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float - Edward L Norton, 328 Chauncey Street, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York
autopaint-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:00 AM   #32
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
Ok, I have a story that only some of you are gonna get, I'll bet...the rest of you, if interested, can google. But not at the office.
So some years ago, I was visiting friends in the Philly 'burbs, and when they took me back to the station to go home, there was this nice little shop there and I thought: Oh! I'll bet they have Tom's of Maine toothpaste that I can't get in the city, so I'll run in there before I go home.
So I get in there, and I ask this kid/youngish guy stocker if he has any Tom's of Maine products. He's not sure, but he tells me he'll ask the Manager. I hear him go off behind some rows of stuff and then I very clearly hear him say: There's a woman here asking if we sell TOM OF FINLAND products.
I was SO mortified at the mistake I'd made, that I half walked, half ran out of the store before the Manager or the kid could see me.
To this day, I'm not sure which one of us (me or the stocker) made the mistake, but I'm pretty sure it was ME. I hadn't realized what I said 'til I heard him repeat it to a third party.
This is why everyone thinks I'm dirty, I guess.
So did they sell TOM OF FINLAND products or not?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:03 AM   #33
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
So did they sell TOM OF FINLAND products or not?

hahahaha. Um...no.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:05 AM   #34
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My fave TJ items are the various naan breads and garlic hummus; maple yogurt with a thick layer of cream at the top; cheese tortellini; the best selection of nuts and trail mix ever; fabulous braided spiced fresh mozzarella; the best price on Good Earth decaf Green Tea on the planet; flax seed tortilla chips; raspberry applesauce; great frozen fruit; wonderful frozen french onion soup; really good cinnamon bagels made from whole grains.

Now, some of my favorites (before I had to stop eating sugar), used to be: these peanut butter cookies, maybe named Sutter's Mill?, with big chocolate chunks in them. Chocolate covered dried cherries; very good buttery madelines; these round japanese ice creams that you can hold and eat -- can't remember the name but I loved them; wonderful granolas that I used to love to put into the maple yogurt; fresh, unfiltered apple juice -- the best; pomegranate juice; very good tapioca and chocolate pudding; the yummy trail mix, with chocolate in it; those snap pea things SVS mentioned... yum. I love them because you can either get things way cheaper than in the grocery store, or they have gourmet/organic items that you can't find in the grocery store, and always, again, cheaper. I try to go at least once per month to stock up.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 12:38 AM   #35
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ahhhh...TJ's. Guy and I love to shop there. Well, here are some of our favs:

(frozen foods section)
Orange Chicken
Stir Fry Vegtables
Asparagus Risotto
All their frozen veggies

I buy all my vitamins there

Mushroom Tortillinis (Pasta section)
Vodka Sauce (like Spaghetti sauce only better)
Mesquite Honey
Honey Sesame Cashews
Butternut Squash Soup
Refried Black beans (can)
TJ's Barbeque sauce
Soy Vay (Teriyaki Sauce we use for stir fry)

The Shortbread cookies with Chocolate centers

And my all time favorite thing at Tj's is UFOs.

They are little chocolate mint candies (shaped like a hershey's kiss) made by Ghiradelli Chocolate. YUMMMMM!!!! I could go thru a bag a day.
Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:11 AM   #36
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
Ok, I have a story that only some of you are gonna get, I'll bet...the rest of you, if interested, can google. But not at the office.

So some years ago, I was visiting friends in the Philly 'burbs, and when they took me back to the station to go home, there was this nice little shop there and I thought: Oh! I'll bet they have Tom's of Maine toothpaste that I can't get in the city, so I'll run in there before I go home.

So I get in there, and I ask this kid/youngish guy stocker if he has any Tom's of Maine products. He's not sure, but he tells me he'll ask the Manager. I hear him go off behind some rows of stuff and then I very clearly hear him say: There's a woman here asking if we sell TOM OF FINLAND products.

I was SO mortified at the mistake I'd made, that I half walked, half ran out of the store before the Manager or the kid could see me.

To this day, I'm not sure which one of us (me or the stocker) made the mistake, but I'm pretty sure it was ME. I hadn't realized what I said 'til I heard him repeat it to a third party.

This is why everyone thinks I'm dirty, I guess.
Wait a minute, Jes - I think I found what you were looking for.....

Old 10-29-2005, 10:16 AM   #37
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus

Wayne, this is teh awesome! but you really need to add something to that logo...obviously, not something overly scandalous, but maybe just a little hint of what the marriage of those 2 'Tom's could be...
Old 10-29-2005, 10:28 AM   #38
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
Wayne, this is teh awesome! but you really need to add something to that logo...obviously, not something overly scandalous, but maybe just a little hint of what the marriage of those 2 'Tom's could be...
Like a stream of toothpaste shooting out of a vigorously squeezed tube?

Old 10-29-2005, 10:30 AM   #39
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie S-R
Soy Vay (Teriyaki Sauce we use for stir fry)
Yes! Soy Vey teriyaki is the best. Sesame seeds and wee bits of onion. When my neighborhood market stopped carrying it, I began hunting it down all over town.

Worth the search.

Old 10-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #40
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopaint-1
If you have a Trader Joe's close by and they sell David Glass cakes (ours does), buy one. The chocolate truffle cake is fabulous. http://www.davidglass.com/
FreshDirect has these. I'll have to try one.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:20 PM   #41
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
FreshDirect has these. I'll have to try one.
I was at Trader Joe's yesterday and saw the David Glass cake. It was throbbing out of the box and it was saying "buy me now" but I didn't. I tried their ultra crispy butterscotch cookies. The taste was fine but they were the texture of dog biscuits.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:34 PM   #42
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have to drive 90 miles to get to a TJs. That being said, I think I'll go to one tomorrow.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:41 PM   #43
ataraxia

ataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
Change the leaves to fig leaves?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:15 PM   #44
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

His peppermint toothpaste is so hot!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:16 PM   #45
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
How about this?

Old 10-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #46
Santaclear
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
I was at Trader Joe's yesterday and saw the David Glass cake. It was throbbing out of the box and it was saying "buy me now" but I didn't. I tried their ultra crispy butterscotch cookies. The taste was fine but they were the texture of dog biscuits.
When it's throbbing out of the box check the shelf date.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:12 PM   #47
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
How about this?

Nicer, but....I'm still lookin' for some jack boots or somethin', sorry! Something that will make me swoon and say: Now I wanna use THAT to brush my teeth EVERY DAY!
Old 10-29-2005, 10:40 PM   #48
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
Nicer, but....I'm still lookin' for some jack boots or somethin', sorry! Something that will make me swoon and say: Now I wanna use THAT to brush my teeth EVERY DAY!
Jack boots??? That would be for "Tom's of Der Bunker".

Old 10-30-2005, 07:11 AM   #49
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
When it's throbbing out of the box check the shelf date.
When it's throbbing out of the box, it's no David Glass cake. It's a Toms of Finland.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:38 PM   #50
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
When it's throbbing out of the box, it's no David Glass cake. It's a Toms of Finland.
...and I'll bet it's still rich 'n' creamy inside!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote