Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-19-2011, 07:02 PM   #176
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Bumping this so SuperMishe can find it easily...I hear she went to TJ's today for the first time!
LOL Randi!!

OMG!! I went for the first time on Saturday and LOVED it!! I spent $95!!! The place reminds me of a country store without the chachkis (sp?!).

Dan was here for the weekend and on Sunday he spent HOURS making something called Dhansak Curry. We got all the ingredients there except for the lentils and peas - they don't sell them!!?? (and some other stuff too!)

Here's my haul:

Onions - the most perfect onions I've ever seen. No spots, no layers peeling off, no sprouts on the bottom
Boneless Skinless chicken thighs
Butternut squash
garlic, ginger, coriander, lemon, cucumber
whole milk yogurt
coconut oil
pumpkin seeds (shelled, roasted and salted!)
Some awesome artisan crusty white bread
organic chicken wings
basmati rice
FIVE tubs of cookies!! I LOVE the "Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip" TJs cookies~
Two tubs of mini peanut butter cups (Mmmm)

There may have been a few other things, but I can't remember.

It's not a place I could go often as I couldn't afford it, but I will definitely go back!!

And by the way, the curry was AMAZING!! I brought leftovers to work and people raved!!

Last edited by SuperMishe; 10-19-2011 at 07:06 PM.
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:21 AM   #177
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love these!!!! So yummy!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #178
Helen53105

Helen53105 can now change their title

!!!! Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Covered Power Berries!!!! Words cannot describe
Old 11-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #179
bbwluvr3000

bbwluvr3000 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonvine View Post
I wish we had a Trader Joe's. I have heard sooooooo many good things about them! Maybe some day
We have one here. Looks like I'll have to check it out!
bbwluvr3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #180
BigBrwnSugar1

BigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized rep

Cocoa Drizzled Kettle Corn - to die for! Be sure and get more than one bag - they're small!!!
BigBrwnSugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:39 PM   #181
BigBrwnSugar1

BigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized rep
Default Ooops!

Sorry - Forgot to add that this is from Trader Joe's!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrwnSugar1 View Post
Cocoa Drizzled Kettle Corn - to die for! Be sure and get more than one bag - they're small!!!
BigBrwnSugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:03 PM   #182
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I finally made something I picked up at Trader Joe's weeks ago and just had in the freezer. I bought a few different things when a friend was coming over for dinner, and just let her pick between things. So this beef and broccoli was just sitting in my freezer.

I just made it and it ROCKS. I thought it was just a regular beef and broccoli, but read the bag more closely and saw that it was Spicy, Crispy Beef and Broccoli. The crispy beef blows my mind. Then the spicy sauce that goes along with everything is nice and zingy and complements perfectly. And the broccoli is good too.

Recommend 100%.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #183
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
I finally made something I picked up at Trader Joe's weeks ago and just had in the freezer. I bought a few different things when a friend was coming over for dinner, and just let her pick between things. So this beef and broccoli was just sitting in my freezer.

I just made it and it ROCKS. I thought it was just a regular beef and broccoli, but read the bag more closely and saw that it was Spicy, Crispy Beef and Broccoli. The crispy beef blows my mind. Then the spicy sauce that goes along with everything is nice and zingy and complements perfectly. And the broccoli is good too.

Recommend 100%.
The orange chicken rocks, too!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:08 AM   #184
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
The orange chicken rocks, too!
I have had that before, and agree whole-heartedly!!! Mmmmm mmmmmm.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #185
Mayla

Mayla can now change their title

Man, I'm so jealous. I've heard so many wonderful things about Trader Joe's, but I've never had the opportunity to visit one (the states I've lived in just didn't have it).

I do hope they get one in Texas soon, but I've heard it might not happen until 2013 (if it happens at all).
Mayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:04 AM   #186
BBWTexan
Speak No Evil

BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBWTexan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I finally visited Trader Joe's for the first time during a recent trip to Los Angeles. I absolutely LOVED it and cannot wait until they open up the planned location in Houston.

Favorites: Macaroni and cheese bites, Brie en croute and, of course, Two Buck Chuck. I think I drank about $8 worth of wine the first night!
BBWTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #187
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Took a run to TJs today and it was a madhouse! Probably should have gone at 8 AM and not at noon.

Bought a bunch of stuff, so I have no regrets. But still I blame...(below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post

Recommend 100%.

And yes I bought the Spicy Crispy Beef and Broccoli!

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 12-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #188
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayla View Post
Man, I'm so jealous. I've heard so many wonderful things about Trader Joe's, but I've never had the opportunity to visit one (the states I've lived in just didn't have it).

I do hope they get one in Texas soon, but I've heard it might not happen until 2013 (if it happens at all).
Better late than never!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBWTexan View Post
I finally visited Trader Joe's for the first time during a recent trip to Los Angeles. I absolutely LOVED it and cannot wait until they open up the planned location in Houston.
Same here! My only concern is the proposed location and parking. I want a big WalMart Supercenter type of store, this is Texas after all.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:34 PM   #189
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I love Whole Foods (or as they call it "Whole Paycheck" lol. It's been a while since I've posted on this thread so this might be a duplicate but here goes. Whole Foods makes this yummy cranberry-walnut bread. It is dense and slightly sweet. I love it toasted with cream cheese and sprinkled with a little Splenda.. no accounting for taste huh? Well one day hubby decided to makes frnch toast with it and OMG..it was soooo good. The some mentioned a french toast casserole (the one The Pioneer Woman makes) and it was almost orgasmic... seriously that was such a decadent breakfast. I am going to Whole Foods on Wednesday (the day they bake the cranberry-walnut bread). I see a casserole in my future.

Happy Holidays to everyone!!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #190
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I shop nearly exclusively at aldi BUT sometimes I need special things from TJs.
I loooooove their chicken serenada. It's frozen and so good.
Also the chicken gorgonzola and another indian variety they have but the
Serenada is amazing... steam some rice or couscous and you have a bonefied meal for two that does not feel like frozen food at all.If someone could recreate it for me I would be forever grateful. Complex flavours there
Also, triple ginger cookies. YUM

True
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 PM   #191
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Trader Joe's was out of Wild Argentine Red Shrimp yesterday, and I'm so bummed. I love that stuff. Next time I see it I'm stocking half the freezer with it.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:23 AM   #192
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

I added Aldi to the subject of this thread. Ok folks, what do you get there?
Old 01-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #193
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I added Aldi to the subject of this thread. Ok folks, what do you get there?
Should we merge the Aldi thread into this one?
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #194
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Should we merge the Aldi thread into this one?
oops, there's an Aldi thread? I'll change this back. lol