Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Ultimate Office Food

What's your favorite quick workday snack? I'm on a quest for the ultimate desk delicacy -- something that's vegetarian, non-noisy, non-smelly, non-perishable, and reasonably diabetic-friendly, too. Any good suggestions?
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A friend of mine who's diabetic was advised by his doctor to keep a bag of trail mix (the kind that's just dried fruit and nuts) and have a handful if he got to feeling hungry and/or his blood sugar was dropping. I've started doing it, too, and it's a real picker-upper when I get to feeling tired or dull. A little bit goes a long way, too!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I keep wasabi peas around...but mostly because I don't like them that much and I don't finish them too fast.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
A friend of mine who's diabetic was advised by his doctor to keep a bag of trail mix (the kind that's just dried fruit and nuts) and have a handful if he got to feeling hungry and/or his blood sugar was dropping. I've started doing it, too, and it's a real picker-upper when I get to feeling tired or dull. A little bit goes a long way, too!
I was gonna mention trail mix! Nuts give me a huge energy boost!
I like the tropical kind(dried pineapple, mango AND coconut), but my mom is Type 2 and makes her own mix with nuts, dried fruit and these weird little soy crunchy things. She has a sweet version and a spicy/salty one to. If you make your own, you can make it to your liking, plus make sure nothing will ruin(nuts have oil which can spoil) some fruit will go flat(banana and apple chips).

My all time fave office snack: Corn Nuts!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I keep wasabi peas around...but mostly because I don't like them that much and I don't finish them too fast.
So I had never heard of wasabi peas, and went on a search and found this place.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.

Last edited by Mishty; 09-02-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 PM   #6
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nuts! (peanuts, almonds (raw, roasted, smoked, wasabi), cashews) and Sunflower seeds.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's not perfect...but string cheese maybe?
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

• Sliced Green Apple
  • Peanut Butter
  • Honey (optional)
  • Coconut Water

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #9
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Macadamia nuts. They aren't overly crunchy, so not too noisy. They are also very filling.

Freeze dried fruit. Usually marketed to toddlers OR in the organics food department. They are very light, last a long time, full of flavor. I like peaches and apples.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
Freeze dried fruit. Usually marketed to toddlers OR in the organics food department. They are very light, last a long time, full of flavor. I like peaches and apples.
Great idea. I buy freeze dried strawberries, blueberries and mango at Trader Joe's.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #11
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

I knew that I could count on fellow foodees for creative ideas. Thank you, all!
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
Punkin1024
Summer's already here!

Location: Near Abilene, Texas, in the country. Wishing all my DIMS friends lived close by.
Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!Punkin1024 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I do the fruit and nuts mix too! I also pack South Beach snack bars (usually on the cereal isle) though they're not sugar free, they are high in protein and fiber - I've recently discovered the Apple Cinnamon ones - yum! Atkins Advantage bars are pretty good, high in protein and sugar free. String cheese is good. If you have a fridge available, sugar-free (lite) yogurt is good.

"Rainy day people don't talk, they just listen till they've heard it all." ~Rainy Day People - Gordon Lightfoot

"Use what talent you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." - Henry Van Dyke
Punkin1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #13
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkin1024 View Post
I do the fruit and nuts mix too! I also pack South Beach snack bars (usually on the cereal isle) though they're not sugar free, they are high in protein and fiber - I've recently discovered the Apple Cinnamon ones - yum! Atkins Advantage bars are pretty good, high in protein and sugar free. String cheese is good. If you have a fridge available, sugar-free (lite) yogurt is good.
Dear me, on the first read, I thought I saw South Park snack bars.

Who the blue blazes makes that?
Old 09-09-2010, 07:15 PM   #14
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love the Soy Energy Blend at Costco. (The link takes you to the Amazon page for it - but it's like half that price at Costco.)

It's a mix of almonds, soynuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and dried cranberries. I keep it in the car for when I need a snack and want something a bit healthier. It's pretty delicious and a little goes a long way in terms of satisfying my hunger!
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote