Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Deep Fried Frito Pie

Guess I'll have to hit the state fair this year just to give this little delicacy a whirl? Hope it's got jalapenos.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1.3563a38.html
Old 09-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'd been looking for something to serve alongside of my pork rind nachos! AWESOME FIND, Ernest!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
I'd been looking for something to serve alongside of my pork rind nachos! AWESOME FIND, Ernest!
Thanks, Jes! We Texicans have been fighting culinary elitism since before statehood. The Alamo battle was fought partly over the right to proudly fry our state flag. One of the early Texas coins was even a little round of buffalo steak fried to a crisp and stamped with the phrase "In Crisco We Trust". Some of these historic "meat nickels" are still in circulation and just as tasty as the day they were made.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wait, where's the picture of it? I want a picture, Ernest! But they'd be good with jalapeno jelly, hot and sweet.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #5
Ernest Nagel
is old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
Wait, where's the picture of it? I want a picture, Ernest! But they'd be good with jalapeno jelly, hot and sweet.
Ask and ye shall be refried.

http://foodbeast.com/content/2010/09...ied-frito-pie/
Old 09-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #6
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wow. Ima gonna try making those ...

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Some of these historic "meat nickels" are still in circulation and just as tasty as the day they were made.
I have no difficulty believing this.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

oh, so according to the picture, they're chili-cheese balls rolled in fritos, battered and fried. I would expect that somewhere in there.. there's a frozen phase to keep it all together. I wonder if the locals dip them in Pace(tm) brand salsa, nacho cheese sauce, or ketchup.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #9
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

yesh pleashe
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #10
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
oh, so according to the picture, they're chili-cheese balls rolled in fritos, battered and fried. I would expect that somewhere in there.. there's a frozen phase to keep it all together. I wonder if the locals dip them in Pace(tm) brand salsa, nacho cheese sauce, or ketchup.
I was thinkin' a nice cool house ranch dressin' would go lovely, maybe some sour cream.....
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #11
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Thanks, Jes! We Texicans have been fighting culinary elitism since before statehood. The Alamo battle was fought partly over the right to proudly fry our state flag. One of the early Texas coins was even a little round of buffalo steak fried to a crisp and stamped with the phrase "In Crisco We Trust". Some of these historic "meat nickels" are still in circulation and just as tasty as the day they were made.
yes, i've been reading lots about fine texas cuisine of late, here. Certainly something to be proud of.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote