Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-12-2010, 04:45 PM   #1
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default The Peanut Butter Thread

Expanding on an idea from CastingPearls...

Here is the PEANUT BUTTER THREAD

All things peanut butter related, pictures of it, eating it, recipes featuring it, cooking with it... etc.

Since Chaz' love of PB started it and this picture is a result, we'll begin with...

Let's have fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

<subscribes>

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
<subscribes>
LOL! Dang that was fast!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-12-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is my favorite. However, the company may have gone out of business. Pray for us, please.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Last edited by CastingPearls; 01-06-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:55 PM   #5
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

That is a seriously sexxy pic, OWA. *whew* (fans self)

I love peanut butter and can eat it by the spoonful. I'm on a Nutella kick at the moment, but I'll get back to the PB soon enough.

In homage to Elvis, the fabulous peanut butter and banana sandwich:

My favorite: Nutter Butter cookies.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

OMG. I think I just came. <lights cigarette>

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 09-12-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Whew, 'scuse me. I need to get some milk.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #8
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love Nutter Butter cookies!

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
This is my favorite. However, the company may have gone out of business. Pray for us, please.
I'm so sorry Lainey according to nibble.com PBLoco officially went out of business earlier this year. We HAVE to find you something just as awesome pronto!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-12-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can't say I'll miss PB Loco. I ordered from them once, and (1) they sent me the wrong kind of peanut butter, (2) the peanut butter they sent was so-so at best, and (3) for what you got, it was really expensive. They specialized in variously flavored peanut butters; I suspect the idea was to cover up the fact that the peanut butter itself wasn't the best. But then, I'm spoiled: I live in an area where peanuts are a major crop, and I can get my peanut butter freshly roasted and ground. So I'm a purist: I don't want any additives or flavorings to get between me and my peanut butter!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #11
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Too bad, about that good Doctor. I was always deliriously happy with everything I got and I'm an inveterate foodie.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 09-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #12
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If I could marry this thread, I would.

My big peanut butter event of the weekend was a beautiful fluffernutter sandwich yesterday.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:40 PM   #13
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Three syllables: Do-Si-Do

Old 09-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #14
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

All I know is that my husband only demands that three things be in the house at all times : Sam Adams beer, coffee with half and half, and crunchy peanut butter. He eats a PBJ every morning for breakfast and the only snack he eats off schedule is spoonfuls of peanut butter. His birthday cake is one that I make with devils food boxed cake and homemade peanutbutter frosting that tastes just like a funny bone.

And BTW, right now I have about ten 40 oz. jars of crunchy peanut butter in my house in our hurricane kit. Larry must always have peanut butter available. And yes, we did bring a jar with us on vacation.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #15
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

My local dairy store makes a peanut butter shake that is to die for...they start with a vanilla base but add in TONS of peanut butter and then milk (I always ask for chocolate milk, but they do white milk too). It's simple but it is divine. It is such a satisfying treat--seriously, it's sort of calming and homey and the protein and sugar give such a boost!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #16
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Peanut Butter & Honey sandwiches have long been a staple for me. I need to get a small jar of crunchy though to mix things up every so often.

I've been meaning to make myself an Elvis, but never seem to get around to it. Oh, and when I do it, it will also get bacon on it.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Additionally, I run the fanlisting for peanut butter cookies. Join up if you like, it isn't a mail list or anything, just a place to sign your name if you LOVE peanut butter cookies.

http://loves.fourfourfour.info/pbcookies/
Old 09-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #18
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My PB of the moment is a crunchy version from Trader Joe's with roasted peanuts and flaxseed. It's salty and delicious.

The best though is the fresh stuff in bulk a co-ops and Whole Foods, you can smell it an aisle over.

ETA: Can we talk about other nut butters or does this need to be a purist thread? Cause I can wax poetic on the virtues of almond butter anytime.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #19
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Hard Stuff!

At our house, Tenn. Loop Ranch, we do the hard stuff,
simple PB just won't do. Yep, pure unsalted peanuts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Peanuts unsalted.jpg (32.7 KB, 272 views)

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:13 PM   #20
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
My PB of the moment is a crunchy version from Trader Joe's with roasted peanuts and flaxseed. It's salty and delicious.

The best though is the fresh stuff in bulk a co-ops and Whole Foods, you can smell it an aisle over.

ETA: Can we talk about other nut butters or does this need to be a purist thread? Cause I can wax poetic on the virtues of almond butter anytime.
It's a nut, it's spreadable, I'll accept it.It will be informative for those who may have never known/thought about other types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
At our house, Tenn. Loop Ranch, we do the hard stuff, simple PB just won't do. Yep, pure unsalted peanuts!
This is the Peanut Butter thread young man! PEANUT BUTTER! You will not deter this thread about your nuts unless it's in the crunchy style butter format - got that buster!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #21
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Outta' Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWickedAngel View Post
It's a nut, it's spreadable, I'll accept it.It will be informative for those who may have never known/thought about other types.

This is the Peanut Butter thread young man! PEANUT BUTTER! You will not deter this thread about your nuts unless it's in the crunchy style butter format - got that buster!
Ooooo!!!, I'm outta here, then!!! Hey, since when is 55 y.o.
(and failed to grow up) considered young, any way? I'm glad you
made clear what type of nuts you were referring to!

ya' Raiv, n won't derail or wreck this thread any more.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!

Last edited by imfree; 09-12-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Punctuation error correction.
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #22
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_A_Bunny View Post
All I know is that my husband only demands that three things be in the house at all times : Sam Adams beer, coffee with half and half, and crunchy peanut butter.
Your hubs has good taste! All my favorites, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
My local dairy store makes a peanut butter shake that is to die for...they start with a vanilla base but add in TONS of peanut butter and then milk (I always ask for chocolate milk, but they do white milk too). It's simple but it is divine. It is such a satisfying treat--seriously, it's sort of calming and homey and the protein and sugar give such a boost!
That sounds delicious. The fact that you actually have a place called a dairy store where, I assume, they sell mostly dairy items, tickles me to no end.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #23
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Peanut Butter Fudge

4 cups white sugar
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 cup butter
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme

Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish, line with wax paper, and set aside. Butter a 3 quart saucepan.
Place buttered saucepan over medium heat, and combine sugar, evaporated milk and 1 cup butter. Heat to between 234 and 240 degrees F on your candy thermometer.
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and marshmallow creme. Beat vigorously until smooth. Pour quickly into prepared baking dish.
Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:04 AM   #24
nugget34

nugget34 does more than just post hot picsnugget34 does more than just post hot picsnugget34 does more than just post hot pics

some good recipes here

http://www.peanutbutterlovers.com/
nugget34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:43 AM   #25
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm sorry, I'm a peanut butter brat. I get fresh organic peanut butter from the farmers market I work at on the weekends. I won't go back to anything else