Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-20-2010, 03:56 PM   #51
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefairywren View Post
I found this recipe ages ago....perfect for a peanut butter thread. They are sooo good!!
Oh My Goodness!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #52
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just had Two Peanut Butter Sandwiches: One Crunchy And One Smooth.

Not sure which I like better, though, even after 30 odd years of eating peanut butter.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #53
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post

Not sure which I like better, though, even after 30 odd years of eating peanut butter.
This is the normal reaction of a fully actualized devotee of the tao of peanut butter.

To make sharp distinctions between the smooth and the crunchy is to become the victim of dualistic thinking. When distinctions are set aside, it is possible to become one with the peanut butter. This is called the Way of Mr. Peanut.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #54
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Vanilla Ice Cream
Mrs Robinsons Hot Fudge
Microwaved Peanut butter.

Fill bowl with desired amount of ice cream. Top with melted peanut butter so that the coldness of the ice cream makes it thicken...then add hot fudge till your hearts content.

You're welcome.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 PM   #55
MizzSnakeBite
Taking a Break From Here

MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MizzSnakeBite has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulPoeticDisaster View Post
Vanilla Ice Cream
Mrs Robinsons Hot Fudge
Microwaved Peanut butter.

Fill bowl with desired amount of ice cream. Top with melted peanut butter so that the coldness of the ice cream makes it thicken...then add hot fudge till your hearts content.

You're welcome.
I hate you right now since I have none of the above.

"Hope is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all."
Emily Dickinson
MizzSnakeBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #56
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here is a conundrum:

(1) Peanut butter goes beautifully with bananas.
(2) Peanut butter goes beautifully with chocolate.
(3) Chocolate and bananas go beautifully together.

And yet I cannot recall ever seeing a recipe that combined all three. Have you?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #57
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Here is a conundrum:

Frozen bananas! I've also seen chocolate, peanut butter, banana cream pie!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:15 PM   #58
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
This is the normal reaction of a fully actualized devotee of the tao of peanut butter.

To make sharp distinctions between the smooth and the crunchy is to become the victim of dualistic thinking. When distinctions are set aside, it is possible to become one with the peanut butter. This is called the Way of Mr. Peanut.
I'll stick with the crunchy on my sandwiches!
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 PM   #59
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post

It depends really, for me, on the recipe. IMO, chunky is best for peanut butter cookies, but I like creamy on a toasted pb&h on wheat.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:08 PM   #60
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Honey peanut butter, sliced 'nanners and more honey drizzled on toasted potato bread. Yummy.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:11 PM   #61
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Always always ALWAYS eat your PBJ's with wheat bread. The wheat and peanut butter together gives a complete protein.

Alton Brown is my hero, and has a peanut butter pie recipe I'd love to try.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

Always remember: Peanut butter is your friend. It is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #62
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Always remember: Peanut butter is your friend. It is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Perhaps He just wants to stick our jaws together so we'll be quiet for a bit.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #63
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Here is a conundrum:

Yeppers.....

Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Banana Smoothie

1 peeled banana (recommend freezing first)
3 tablespoons peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
3/4 cup milk or soy milk
Ice, for volume

Add all ingredients to a blender; add ice to your desired level. Blend until smooth.

http://www.foodchannel.com/recipes/7...anana-smoothie
Old 09-23-2010, 09:44 PM   #64
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Peanut-Butter Sandwich by Shel Silverstein (1932-1999)

I’ll sing you a story of a silly young king
Who played with the world at the end of a string,
But he only loved one single thing --
And that was just a peanut-butter sandwich.

His scepter and his royal gowns,
His regal throne and golden crowns
Were brown and sticky from the mounds
And drippings from each peanut-butter sandwich.

His subjects all were silly fools
For he had passed a royal rule
That all that they could learn in school
Was how to make a peanut-butter sandwich.

He would not eat his sovereign steak,
He scorned his soup and kingly cake,
And told his courtly cook to bake
An extra-sticky peanut-butter sandwich.

And then one day he took a bite
And started chewing with delight,
But found his mouth was stuck quite tight
From that last bite of peanut-butter sandwich.

His brother pulled, his sister pried,
The wizard pushed, his mother cried,
“My boy’s committed suicide
From eating his last peanut-butter sandwich!”

The dentist came, and the royal doc.
The royal plumber banged and knocked,
But still those jaws stayed tightly locked.
Oh darn that sticky peanut-butter sandwich!

The carpenter, he tried with pliers,
The telephone man tried with wires,
The firemen, they tried with fire,
But couldn’t melt that peanut-butter sandwich.

With ropes and pulleys, drills and coil,
With steam and lubricating oil --
For twenty years of tears and toil --
They fought that awful peanut-butter sandwich.

Then all his royal subjects came.
They hooked his jaws with grapplin’ chains
And pulled both ways with might and main
Against that stubborn peanut-butter sandwich.

Each man and woman, girl and boy
Put down their ploughs and pots and toys
And pulled until kerack! Oh, joy --
They broke right through that peanut-butter sandwich.

A puff of dust, a screech, a squeak --
The king’s jaw opened with a creak.
And then in voice so faint and weak --
The first words that they heard him speak
Were, “How about a peanut-butter sandwich?”
Old 09-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #65
HayleeRose

HayleeRose has super-sized repHayleeRose has super-sized repHayleeRose has super-sized repHayleeRose has super-sized rep

I love peanut butter. Sometimes when I get a craving for it I take a spoon full and then dip the spoon full of peanut butter in Nutella, mmm delicious.

Ps.
where do you guys find these different flavored peanut butter!

[QUOTE=Sweet Tooth;1561319]Peanut Butter & Co

QUOTE]
HayleeRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #66
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In college we made giant tubs of 'fatty ganja mix', which was mini M&Ms( or regular,peanut M&Ms or peanut butter ones),banana chips,butterscotch morsels(chocolate,white chocolate,peanut butter),dry roasted peanuts(or cashews, or both), and yes, sometimes cornuts or even one fritos, once I threw in a bunch of chicos crushed!)

Directions, get a heaping spoon full of crunchy/smooth peanut butter and then roll said spoon around the bowl of mix, eat with milk or rootbeer.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:44 PM   #67
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=752_S...eature=related

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #68
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Peanut butter and raspberry muffins

Makes 6

Ingredients

· 2 1/4 cups self-raising flour, sifted
· 2/3 cup brown sugar
· 80g butter, melted, cooled
· 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
· 1 cup milk
· 2 eggs, lightly whisked
· 1 1/2 tablespoons raspberry jam
· pure icing sugar, to serve

Method

1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 6-hole 3/4-cup capacity Texas muffin pan or line with paper cases (see note).
2. Combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre.
3. Whisk butter, peanut butter, milk and egg in a jug. Pour into well and gently fold until just combined. Half fill muffin cases with mixture. Top each muffin with 1 teaspoon jam and cover with remaining mixture. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the top half of muffin comes out clean. Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.

Notes & tips

A Texas muffin pan has larger holes than a regular muffin pan. You can make 12 regular-sized muffins from this mix. Bake in a 1/3-cup capacity pan for 15 to 18 minutes.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #69
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleeRose View Post
I love peanut butter. Sometimes when I get a craving for it I take a spoon full and then dip the spoon full of peanut butter in Nutella, mmm delicious.

Ps.
where do you guys find these different flavored peanut butter!
I've seen this one at Super Walmart, Target [with food], and Kroger. They also have an online store.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:00 AM   #70
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I was in England, I used to like to have this sometimes, too. I actually have seen it in the US at Kroger, but I haven't looked lately as I actually prefer the UK Milky Way one. This one has nougat, chocolate, and caramel. Something has PB flavor, too, but I'm not sure if it's the chocolate or the nougat now. LOL

Last edited by Sweet Tooth; 09-25-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Sweet Tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #71
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
When I was in England, I used to like to have this sometimes, too. I actually have seen it in the US at Kroger, but I haven't looked lately as I actually prefer the UK Milky Way one. This one has nougat, chocolate, and caramel. Something has PB flavor, too, but I'm not sure if it's the chocolate or the nougat now. LOL

I would guess that its a peanut butter nougat.. but *sigh* I'll just have to find out for myself.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #72
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzSnakeBite View Post
Peanut butter M&Ms. A gift from the gods.
You know they stole that idea from Reese's Pieces. ...But yes, they are delicious.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:02 PM   #73
Linda
Just Chillaxin.

Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Linda has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was at a BBQ/Birthday party tonight and the Birthday Boy (He is 35 by the way) said his favorite sandwhich was peanut butter and bolgna.

Has anyone heard of this???

I thought I would be sick.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #74
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda View Post
I was at a BBQ/Birthday party tonight and the Birthday Boy (He is 35 by the way) said his favorite sandwhich was peanut butter and bolgna.

Has anyone heard of this???

I thought I would be sick.
I can't say I've heard of it, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. After all, peanut butter goes well with bacon, and both bacon and bologna are mainly pork fat.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #75
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

The label on the jar of peanut butter says the serving size is 2 tablespoons.

Are you serious? I think my sammiches have three servings on them.