Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 09-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default It is kind of creepy, but have you done it?

I myself am just starting my first week of college, I am taking a 4 year Computer and Communications Networking course at Centennial College.

Even though it has been the first 2 days, I had somewhat put it in the back of my mind that I would try and get someone during these 4 years, since there wasn't anyone who really interested me in HS, nor did I want the haggling by people I had become friends with, and I had gone through a silly rejection but with a thin chick, who I can now say wasn't really my type.

Point is, being a Computer related course, there isn't anyone I can really see that I am interested in, and even so they are mostly the shy type in my class, and have a lot of language barrier between them, not to discriminate against diversity.

I myself have been looking around and have noticed, there are a lot more hot looking girls in the hallways as I walk through. But hey lucky me, I don't know them, and probably will not cross paths.

Not that I have yet the courage to go up and just say "Hey your really sexy to me, and I am not making fun of you because, I like fat chicks", and yes I have read where this could cause a lot of social and mental anguish if you aren't careful. But I can easily get into conversations with random people, it is just something about me and my mom that causes people to come up and talk to us.

The question and discussion is really about, have you ever gone up to someone random that you really thought was interesting/hot and just started talking to them, what was the outcome, did you ever try again with that same person or with some other random person.

Thanks
Ken
Kenster102.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think you need to take a deep breath and step back a little. Rome wasn't built in 2 days and you don't need to be the architect.

You say that there are a lot of good looking girls that you won't cross paths with. You had to cross paths with them to see them in the first place and will possibly continue to do so throughout the term. You aren't required to talking only to people in your classes or only people from your school for that matter. Don't limit yourself and try to remain positive.

If you can get into random conversations with anybody then I would suggest that the conversation not be about how "sexy" they are and that you like "fat chicks". At least, not at first and not with a random stranger. That kind of talk is random to them and the stranger who says that stuff can be a little creepy. (Then again, if you happen to meet the right person, it could fly.)

Why not just say hello and just talk to the girl? Use your gift of conversation to make a new friend instead of worrying about "getting someone". You just started school, give yourself some time to get acquainted with the place and the people. There are many ways to talk to girls without being creepy and all of them go better when you aren't worried about getting with them. (Also, unless your mom doubles as your wingman, try to leave reference of her out of your general conversation)

Lastly, to answer your question...yes, I have gone up to a lot of people that I thought were interesting and said hello. Some ended with a short conversation and a goodbye, some ended with numbers exchanged, some started a friendship, some started a relationship and a few ended in bed.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

College is where you meet long-term friends. I wouldn't worry about hooking up....besides...the real fun starts in Grad school
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:18 AM   #4
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
I think you need to take a deep breath and step back a little. Rome wasn't built in 2 days and you don't need to be the architect.

You say that there are a lot of good looking girls that you won't cross paths with. You had to cross paths with them to see them in the first place and will possibly continue to do so throughout the term. You aren't required to talking only to people in your classes or only people from your school for that matter. Don't limit yourself and try to remain positive.

If you can get into random conversations with anybody then I would suggest that the conversation not be about how "sexy" they are and that you like "fat chicks". At least, not at first and not with a random stranger. That kind of talk is random to them and the stranger who says that stuff can be a little creepy. (Then again, if you happen to meet the right person, it could fly.)

Why not just say hello and just talk to the girl? Use your gift of conversation to make a new friend instead of worrying about "getting someone". You just started school, give yourself some time to get acquainted with the place and the people. There are many ways to talk to girls without being creepy and all of them go better when you aren't worried about getting with them. (Also, unless your mom doubles as your wingman, try to leave reference of her out of your general conversation)

Lastly, to answer your question...yes, I have gone up to a lot of people that I thought were interesting and said hello. Some ended with a short conversation and a goodbye, some ended with numbers exchanged, some started a friendship, some started a relationship and a few ended in bed.
You should know as I reiterate this, I would not use the lines "Hey your sexy, and I like fat chicks", also that I am not quiet ready yet to walk up to someone, but it was just in the back of my mind. My approach would just be something basic, like a general query, or a remark on how long lines are for something important, or heck if I notice a computer issue which is my forte, I could try and help.

All these thoughts are just stewing in the back of my head, I still look around.

Thanks for the reply.
Ken
Old 09-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #5
IrishBard
womble/leprechaun hybrid!

IrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 club

generally Speaking, I have made my fair few mistakes with girls in the past. I know the whole idea of one night stands is very alluring, but, personally, just get to know someone. maybe, you'll find someone you like, maybe not in the near future. best to know them personally before intimately, because then, if it doesn't work out, you can still be friends.

Playing with everything (tee hee!) *eliminated*

Nip~pah!*eliminated*

what would judas do? *eliminated*

pro-violins: I hit people with violins if they're stupid
IrishBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:12 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nope, I never did that. I was in engineering, so also not much in the way of women in my classes.

So go join some clubs and activities. Obviously ones that you don't mind taking part in, but preferably ones where there is a reasonable chance of finding women who you might find attractive.

Also, in future terms you should get to choose some non-comp-sci courses, so choose those carefully and you might have classmates that are of more interest (but again, don't take something you'd hate, you will be way more attractive when you are interested and engaged).
Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
Still Waters

Still Waters can now change their title

> have you ever gone up to someone random that you really thought was interesting/hot and just started talking to them

Yes, even though I was shy and used to have very few conversational skills. And even more often, other people did that with me. It's an essential skill to develop, it isn't considered odd or threatening, depending on what your surroundings are.
Still Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #8
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I walk up to people all the time and talk to them and people say I'm so inviting that strangers do walk up to me all the time. Sometimes, though..that isn't such a good thing.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #9
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah, I never did that, honestly. I was kinda shy when I was at the university I went to (hell, I'm STILL shy).

But I did make some friends with some BBW students there. In fact, it's funny because three of them confronted me about it after I made a post to "out" myself on Facebook. They weren't disgusted, surprisingly, just inquizzitive. After I explained it to 'em, they told me that they were glad that there are guys like me out there who appreciate their beauty. One of them even kissed me on the cheek!

So basically, just make friends with them. Take some time to get to know them. When the time is right, then let them know how you feel, but do it in a mature and chivalrous manner.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
natepogue
King of FAs

natepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized rep

I've done this before. It works sometimes and other times the girl has her own issues or just plain isnt interested and kind of brushes you off or you can tell she thinks you're a psycho.

After a while you just gotta say "fuck it, i tried"

Just don't do it if it's a girl you're going to be seeing really often. It might get unbearable awkward if you get rejected. Your best bet is to keep crossing paths with her and tell her how you feel at the end of the term. That way if she says yes you have all the free time you want to plan dates and such, and if she says no you wont have to see her much anymore awkwardly.

natepogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #11
nykspree8
Rico Sauce

nykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 clubnykspree8 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by natepogue View Post
I've done this before. It works sometimes and other times the girl has her own issues or just plain isnt interested and kind of brushes you off or you can tell she thinks you're a psycho.

After a while you just gotta say "fuck it, i tried"

Yeah, doesn't work all the time, you just gotta try and hope for the best...it's not easy for everyone to muster up the courage to talk to a complete stranger, especially one you find attractive and want them to engage in conversation with you, but even if you do have the courage to say, "hey i like fat chicks", don't
nykspree8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
Expando

Expando can now change their title

I must say that this sounds a lot like my experience at University. I was at University without anyone I knew and finally got up the courage to approach some random girls.

I tried just a walk-up conversation, and said something like "I've seen you around campus and think you're really pretty so I was wondering if you would like to go on a date". I tried this with two different girls in the space of 6 months, and both times the girl was somewhat taken aback at first, but after having a bit more conversation, both girls agreed to a date.

So I guess all I can say is it's worth a try - good luck!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #13
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster102.5 View Post
have you ever gone up to someone random that you really thought was interesting/hot and just started talking to them, what was the outcome, did you ever try again with that same person or with some other random person.
Very interesting question. In high school there were many girls I liked from afar and wanted to approach, but never had the courage to do so. I really regretted it, so starting in university I resolved that I wouldn't make that mistake again, and I began approaching girls whom I found attractive.

I usually tried something like this. If the girl was, say, sitting in the cafeteria and reading a book, I would sit at the same table, and after a while, I would say:

Quote:
Excuse me. I've heard this approach works 50 percent of the time, so I hope you don't mind if I try it here: "I think you're very attractive. Would you like to go out sometime?"
True statement, by the way. I really did once see a news report once on the CBC in which some reporters performed exactly that experiment. They tried that line, and half of the time it worked, and half of the time it didn't.

Well, all I can say is that either the reporters were more attractive than me, or less nervous than me, because I never did get a date out of it. Not once.

I tried it about half a dozen times, more or less, obviously never on the same girl twice. 0% success rate.

But then, the girls whom I tried it on were very attractive (subjectively speaking), so being full-figured probably didn't hurt them much in the options department. About half of them told no because they had boyfriends -- which may have been true, or may have been a polite way to turn a person down.

Bottom line: I think it will work if your handsome, and won't work if you're not.

Last edited by kioewen; 09-23-2010 at 02:40 PM.
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:49 AM   #14
rollhandler

rollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticedrollhandler never has a post go unnoticed

I have never met a stranger, so yes I approach people that I have never met and start conversations. It's the best way to meet people IMO.
Rollhandler
rollhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:53 PM   #15
RedVelvet
Airship Pirate

RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just a wee suggestion...There is no need to say anything like "Don't worry..I like fat chicks"...I understand the desire to assure her of your sincerity, but really, just starting up a conversation about anything is the best way to go.

If you want to be REALLY forward, you can say.."I think you are so cute", or however you phrase it, but there really isn't any need to bring up her fat....that's probably a little talk to have later, and even then, it can be very short and simple..

When you bring up the "don't worry" part..should you, anyway..it sort of assumes that this lovely young thing thinks herself shite.

Prolly not your best bet at being dashing...

Best of luck!

Spend all your money here or here, please.

"Reality has a well known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert

Come quickly! I am tasting stars!- Dom Perignon (1638-1714) at his first sip of champagne
RedVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #16
RedVelvet
Airship Pirate

RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!

And to answer your question..(sorry!)..Yes I have, and a goodly amount of the time it has worked. Chit chat, sneak in a lightly stated compliment, and, as a woman who tends to think guys like to ask women out rather than be asked out, no matter what they say...make sure in subtle but easy to read ways that I am pestering them because I think they are attractive.

Spend all your money here or here, please.

"Reality has a well known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert

Come quickly! I am tasting stars!- Dom Perignon (1638-1714) at his first sip of champagne
RedVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 11:19 AM   #17
Kenster102.5

Damn, I dropped the ball.

Okay, here is what happened. Me and few guys I just gotten to know were all playing Starcraft in a Public Access Lab in the college. Unlike 2 of the guys, I was pretty new to Starcraft and so I wasn't doing so well.

All of a sudden this random redhead girl comes up behind me and starts telling me what to do, and it was somewhat along the lines that one of the guys had told me to do.
Man, I was so in awe, because I wasn't expecting a girl to know how to play Starcraft.
All I said was "Thank You", I didn't ask how long she had been playing, or her name, I was a bit taken back.

She was average looking, I think she was a bit thick, but now I don't anymore. She left after she told me what to do.

Damn...it could have been something simple.

Funny thing was the week before, a friend of mine was talking about how he "Chopped" somebody while waiting at student services. I was thinking about taking that same attitude as him, but I guess it doesn't work that way.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #18
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Maybe this advice is irrelevant to you now, two weeks in, or however long it's been, but I thought I'd give my two cents anyway.

First off, campus organizations are fun places to meet people -- most colleges have recreational clubs for sports, games, cooking, etc. Or you could go with a political or social interest, that sort of thing.

Second, if you want to engage a girl you find attractive, just be attentive, polite and charming and, of course, don't be afraid to ask her out. Don't start up with any of the "I like fat chicks" stuff -- a lot of girls just find that creepy, to be honest.

If she looks at you like you're crazy and comes at you with the question "Why would you like me, I'm not thin?" Just respond, "I think you're really pretty." Maybe say how much you're drawn to her eyes or smile but just leave it at that (for now, anyway). Fat girls want to be admired, yes, but at the same time don't want to be objectified purely for their bodies, ya know?
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #19
Kenster102.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LalaCity View Post
Maybe this advice is irrelevant to you now, two weeks in, or however long it's been, but I thought I'd give my two cents anyway.

First off, campus organizations are fun places to meet people -- most colleges have recreational clubs for sports, games, cooking, etc. Or you could go with a political or social interest, that sort of thing.

Second, if you want to engage a girl you find attractive, just be attentive, polite and charming and, of course, don't be afraid to ask her out. Don't start up with any of the "I like fat chicks" stuff -- a lot of girls just find that creepy, to be honest.

If she looks at you like you're crazy and comes at you with the question "Why would you like me, I'm not thin?" Just respond, "I think you're really pretty." Maybe say how much you're drawn to her eyes or smile but just leave it at that (for now, anyway). Fat girls want to be admired, yes, but at the same time don't want to be objectified purely for their bodies, ya know?
Christ, why do people think that I am going to just say "I like fat chicks". I was only using it as an example of someone who was very unintelligent and not knowing how to be sensible.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't know of any organizations, since they aren't that highly advertised. But I would join one based on interests and not because of girls. I would use that organization experience as what I am a part of in College, if I do meet a girl and asks what I am doing around College. Right now I am a bit to busy with trying not to procrastinate.

But I love the advice.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #20
LalaCity

LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!LalaCity keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Christ, why do people think that I am going to just say "I like fat chicks". I was only using it as an example of someone who was very unintelligent and not knowing how to be sensible.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't know of any organizations, since they aren't that highly advertised. But I would join one based on interests and not because of girls. I would use that organization experience as what I am a part of in College, if I do meet a girl and asks what I am doing around College. Right now I am a bit to busy with trying not to procrastinate.

But I love the advice.
From what you wrote, it seemed as though you had it in mind to do just that -- i.e., go up to a girl and say, "I like fat chicks." I realize you have more tact, but you'd be surprised by the number of well-meaning guys who employ this particular approach -- and are met with rejection.

Anyway, my advice is not to go hunting for girls in campus-oriented clubs; rather find something that interests you and get out there and be more social...see what happens.

Hope it works out for you.
LalaCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:49 AM   #21
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

You've only been there a short time, there's tons of time to get to know people. When you find someone you're interested in talking to just say hi. There's no need to walk up and say hey I like fat chicks. I think it's natural to assume that if someone introduces themselves then it means they're probably interested to some degree.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #22
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If your college has some sort of student centre, you should be able to find info about clubs there somehow.....there will be a listing up, or posters of activities, or a schedule of meetings, or simply ask staff there. These days I'd imagine the info would have to be on the web as well.

Believe it or not, being part of a club can help fight procrastination! See, part of procrastination is often that there is always this feeling that you need to get work done, but you need some time doing not-work. The problem is that when there is always that feeling that you should be working, any time seems as good as any other to do not-work. If you have some scheduled not-work time, so you know you are going to a club from 7-9 on Tuesday night, it helps relieve some of that 'always have work to be doing' feeling. Also you know you need to get things done, so you can go to the club meeting.

Obviously join any club based on it interesting you, but at most colleges there are a lot of clubs (and courses, and organized activities, etc). By stretching just a little bit you might find ones that interest you, but are also apt to have a fair participation by women with whom you might have something in common (this can even apply to choosing electives, btw). For example, you could join a computer club, which will most likely be heavily male, but if you also like anime, you could join an anime film society (should such exist at your school), where there might be a higher proportion of women.

Absolutely I think it is easiest to meet someone when you are in an activity/course/something together, and get to see them regularly.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #23
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I myself am just starting my first week of college, I am taking a 4 year Computer and Communications Networking course at Centennial College.

Even though it has been the first 2 days, I had somewhat put it in the back of my mind that I would try and get someone during these 4 years, since there wasn't anyone who really interested me in HS, nor did I want the haggling by people I had become friends with, and I had gone through a silly rejection but with a thin chick, who I can now say wasn't really my type.

Point is, being a Computer related course, there isn't anyone I can really see that I am interested in, and even so they are mostly the shy type in my class, and have a lot of language barrier between them, not to discriminate against diversity.

I myself have been looking around and have noticed, there are a lot more hot looking girls in the hallways as I walk through. But hey lucky me, I don't know them, and probably will not cross paths.

Not that I have yet the courage to go up and just say "Hey your really sexy to me, and I am not making fun of you because, I like fat chicks", and yes I have read where this could cause a lot of social and mental anguish if you aren't careful. But I can easily get into conversations with random people, it is just something about me and my mom that causes people to come up and talk to us.

The question and discussion is really about, have you ever gone up to someone random that you really thought was interesting/hot and just started talking to them, what was the outcome, did you ever try again with that same person or with some other random person.

Thanks
Ken
I'd say try and date the old-fashioned way, with striking up a conversation, getting to know them, paying attention and being considerate and all that. It's a cliche, but it really works. It works even better if you don't startle girls right away by saying you dig em because they're fat. It's even better if you like them regardless of their fat.

Setting deadlines on getting with women is not usually a productive thing to do, though. Take it easy dude. It's your first week.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #24
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

To the O.P., I have a site that I can recommend to you that may prove helpful in your future attempts. It's called "Citizen Renegade," and the author extensively discusses the male/female dynamic in a way that is completely objective and free of any illusions or rose-coloured glasses. He particularly explains how the male "white knight" instinct is, paradoxically, a turn-off to many women, compared to other factors and behaviours that women actually do find attractive.

http://roissy.wordpress.com/

Much of what he says may seem counter-intuitive, but when one frankly considers the "real world," one has to acknowledge that he is pretty much correct.
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #25
Kenster102.5

BUMP!

I see a lot of hot women on public transit, when I make my college commute. Some of these women I see regularly. Now is there anyway if I were to see a lady during my commute regularly to ask whether she is taken or not, or do I just ask for her digits? I know I could ask for the time, or say "I see you regularly on the subway." But I just saw this girl on the subway today and also a few days ago, a bit older then me, and I so wanted to start a convo with her, but I had no acquaintance with this person before.

It is just something I am wondering about, since the risk really would outweigh everything if it were to go wrong.

Last edited by Kenster102.5; 02-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.