Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #51
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster102.5 View Post
Hey there are really no clubs at my college, I think the application process for making clubs scares people away. If there were clubs I would be in them.
wow, that is lame But if there are no formal clubs....I'm betting that there ends up being less formal ones. What sort of things interest you? Perhaps keep an eye out for notes posted at stores near campus catering to that sort of thing, posters up around campus, adds in campus paper.....people will still find ways to get together.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:35 PM   #52
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Yo I saw a very beautiful redhead on the subway, she was bopping her head and getting into the music she was listening to. I glanced at her once in a while, and approached her on the platform, the talk started off good, and I carefully asked if she had a boyfriend. She said she did, and so I said "This is where I will stop", meaning the conversation, and said have a nice day. So it wasn't bad and kind of made me be a bit more conditioned to a rejection. So I will keep trying once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
wow, that is lame But if there are no formal clubs....I'm betting that there ends up being less formal ones. What sort of things interest you? Perhaps keep an eye out for notes posted at stores near campus catering to that sort of thing, posters up around campus, adds in campus paper.....people will still find ways to get together.
Still there aren't very many informal ones with me and my guys. Only one is a simple movie club/study club in an unused room, just us guys.

Most of the guys in my course are already getting , of those who are getting it they are more masculine and say "look at that white chick damn nice ass, look at that brown girl she looks stuck up, look she has thick thighs, yo I was chopping that chick", etc. So I do chill with them to see if it leads to some chances, or some more confidence, or it makes me act less like a dumb cracka.

It isn't like we are the ultra nerdy type. For us being a networking degree, "gangsta" mentality is through about half the class, since the college is in a low income area. I do try and act that way, but I come from a rich high income area, where most of those I went to high school with have gone to university. But commuting in low income area isn't bad since there is a lot of BBW's, plus the subway rides through GreekTown so yeah thick thighs are bound to be seen once in a while. That last sentence was not to be negative in anyway to anybody.

Last edited by Kenster102.5; 04-11-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Kenster102.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:03 PM   #53
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

I am not going to recommend you act "gangsta" if you really aren't = P
Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #54
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
I am not going to recommend you act "gangsta" if you really aren't = P
I just observe the vocabulary and I actually start to use their vocabulary. Most of the guys all talk to me that way, so it becomes common place for me.

I just dress properly with baggy jeans, and clean Adidas, no chains or stupid tattoos though.

Most of my generation listens to rap once in a while, I still listen to Lamb of God, and Fear Factory, and Nine Inch Nails.

Quote:
You claim you got beef on the streets so whatcha
Gonna do when real n**** roll up on you

And you don't got your crew
Pull your glock but you don't got the heart
You was webbed straight from the start
Bought a tool and didn't learn how to use it
Got lost in Brooklyn so you had to lose it
Just for frontin you got that ass waxed
Jeru The Damaja.

Last edited by Kenster102.5; 04-11-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:12 PM   #55
luvbigfellas
Has lips like morphine

luvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this board

I was meaning all that as a general approach. Your results may vary.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #56
Kenster102.5

The general approach if there is such a thing, would be a more reserved one, I still have to figure out one, I don't even know if asking if someone has a boyfriend is a good thing to do at first try?
Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #57
Shoshybear

Shoshybear can now change their title

As a fat woman who has never been hit on in public arenas (bars, clubs, parties, hallways...) I have to say that if someone were to come up to me and genuinely give me a compliment that wasn't body part specific, that wasn't lewd, that wasn't shouted at me from the street... if some man (or woman) came up to me and just said, "I just wanted to tell you that you look really beautiful today" it would put me over the moon, yes, I might stammer in responding to you, yes I might turn bright red, but I would think back on it later with a smile
Shoshybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #58
Teecher

Teecher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTeecher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Hope this helps.

I've been an FA for years, and I definitely remember my younger days when I had the 'paralyzing' fear of - being rejected by a female. However, I do remember that it was always easier to write what I was feeling, rather than saying it.

So that's what I began doing. I would get a sheet of paper, and write as if I were talking to my potential BBW interest. The letter would always be respectful, decent, showing of my interest in the BBW, - and declare that I would reveal myself within a week. (I know I should have included my name, but that was to risky too me. 'Suppose she had a jealous and potentially violent lover?

Next, I would find a way to get the letter to her, by way of a friend or relative of hers, or passing it on to a friend of mine to give to her - after I left the establishment. (The Fear of Rejection Strikes Again.)

However, once 'the seed was planted' - the fear of rejection was gone. I already had my biggest hurdle crossed. And the mystery of the author of the letter would almost always create an sense of interest in the BBW about who I was. It was kind of like turning my lemons into lemonade.

The letter never guaranteed a date, but it did help me get around the fear of rejection.

Teecher

Pears Rule.

P.S. Write back about this.
Teecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:50 AM   #59
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

W/o opening the thread just the title "It is kind of creepy, but have you done it?". Makes it sound like something odd or weird is going to be discussed, instead of normal human interaction.

Quote:
The question and discussion is really about, have you ever gone up to someone random that you really thought was interesting/hot and just started talking to them, what was the outcome, did you ever try again with that same person or with some other random person.
The thread title should be: Have you ever gone up to someone random and started talking to them?

Last edited by J34; 05-22-2011 at 08:53 AM.
J34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #60
Kenster102.5

But I had to make the title interesting.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #61
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
But I had to make the title interesting.
Well I guess it works, though every time I read it I am expecting something besides the actual subject matter
Old 06-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #62
JulieD

JulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
...SNIP... and approached her on the platform, the talk started off good, and I carefully asked if she had a boyfriend. She said she did, and so I said "This is where I will stop", meaning the conversation, and said have a nice day...SNIP...
But why stop? Just the start of a good conversation is great, but she couldbe awesome and end up being a good friend...who has other single girl friends...BBW single girl friends at that. As long as the second you find out that she has a man, change your tactics from "you're so hawt" to "you're really cool" then there is nothing wrong continuing the conversation, or even swapping numbers. Platonic girl friends are great to have around, just make sure you keep yourself in line and respect her and the relationship she is in. Besides her BF could be a Douche Lord and she could be just waiting for someone better to come along...hell, she might not even realize that there is better. I'm just saying, once you take the fucking gigantic step to initiate a conversation, don't pull the brakes on it just because she has a boy friend...
Old 06-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #63
JulieD

JulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Hmmm...I should have read this a month ago...oh well
Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #64
kronoman

kronoman can now change their title

Quote:
The question and discussion is really about, have you ever gone up to someone random that you really thought was interesting/hot and just started talking to them, what was the outcome, did you ever try again with that same person or with some other random person.
I have done it lots of times, on bars and clubs. Success vary wildly, from embarrassing to huge success... from time I learned how to talk in a way that leaves you open to a quick retreat without shame

most of the time if you are polite, fun and articulated, you have some degree of success... the trick is to pick well your targets and to have a good wingman helps too... dont pick girls that are just having fun with other girls and dont want to talk to anybody / or they havent even noticed you, having some eye contact first is good sign...

in college when I was doing engineering what I did was a shameless move: since engineering has a ratio of 99 male to 1 woman, I just inscribed myself in optional classes like English, psychology introduction, marketing, etc that has a good ratio of females... choose well your optional classes and you can meet lots of women

and, in this days and age, you have the "techno winner" :P I discourage this for me, but may work for you, many of my friends have meet girls using facebook / messenger, they get somehow their email (like a little flirting in college) and they finish the task using the chat of facebook, when you are more open to say things that you may not say face to face...
I prefer the face to face approach, I feel a good thing saying a girl nice things and telling her how much I love her looks... talking on chat is very cold, but works....

Last edited by kronoman; 06-22-2011 at 12:47 AM.
kronoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #65
Kenster102.5

I will keep that in mind.