Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 05-25-2006, 02:12 PM   #1
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default "our" velvet at cannes

And we knew her when...

http://www.festival-cannes.fr/films/...d_film=4359572

This may or may not be a still from the movie, but I don't really expect complaints either way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18451504.jpg (89.9 KB, 3936 views)
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Velvet lives such a fab life and I'm always envious of her exploits. to use a cheesy phrase, you go girl!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
altered states
señor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Velvet lives such a fab life and I'm always envious of her exploits.
Yeah, right? Next she'll run for president, or marry Brad Pitt.

As I once wrote to her: "First I wanted to f--- you - now I want to BE you!"
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

Wow, congrats to Velvet! That is an awesome achievement, and I look forward to seeing the movie one day.

Brenda
Old 05-26-2006, 06:02 AM   #5
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos
And we knew her when...

[
This may or may not be a still from the movie, but I don't really expect complaints either way.
I do find it interesting that everyone always has to point out fatness. "A plump heiress' dog is kidnapped and..."

I mean..."A black heiress' dog is kidnapped"
"A blue-eyed heir's dog is kidnapped"
"A bald heir's dog is kidnapped"

I think we'd all kind of say: huh? if we read the 3 lines above and think: that's such a weird way to put it. Why does it matter? I don't get the sense (haven't seen the film, admittedly) that her being plump matters vis a vis her being an heiress with a dog, etc.

In the case of ...Real women have curves, then yes, it makes sense to say the coming of age story of a plump latina trying to break out in a world that doesn't always value her or whatever. But a 'plump heiress?' It's so apologetic. Give me a break.

do correct me if im wrong. i don't want to rant and then feel dumb if her fat ass is central to the plot or something. I mean, like if we find she actually sat on her dog, there was no crime involved, and her buttcheeks are so big she never noticed??? You know, that sort of thing.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:25 AM   #6
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

She looked absolutely beautiful at Cannes. She even showed off her bare arms. How wonderful to see something besides a Size -2 walk the red carpet. Thanks for posting the link, Tres.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #7
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wow... She is becoming really popular these days.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #8
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Who is she?
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 03:21 PM   #9
Regular Bill
One Big Sweetie

Regular Bill can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesRegular Bill can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

She still is a beauty!!!

Bill

P.S. She was a regular from way back, but she hasn't been posting for awhile.
Regular Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #10
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos
And we knew her when...

http://www.festival-cannes.fr/films/...d_film=4359572

Wow! Congrats to the lovely Velvet!

I'd enjoy seeing her movie some day.

Dennis
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #11
fanofdimensions

fanofdimensions can now change their title
Default The movie is a surrealist film...

THe movie is a very weird, very surreal, but very good film. It is like watching a salvador dali painting in motion.

Velvet's role is an unusual one in that she is made up to look much different than her modeling and other pictures, like any actress would be. Her character is a unique one and the film should not be taken too literally as it's really an unusual art film.

Velvet had an interested in exchange with Variety (the Hollywood trade paper) which made some unfortunate comments about her size and got an apology for their remarks. While it is relevant in some ways that her character is larger sized, that character is just that, a character, and shouldn't be confused with Velvet, the person. Likewise, another actor plays a mute ketamine addict, but of course, he is not such a person - he's an actor.

I think it's wonderful the producers chose Velvet to play this role as opposed to Hollywood which pads up Gwyeth, and I think it's important that larger sized actors and actresses have the same range of choices for parts their leaner counterparts have. That's true size acceptance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
I do find it interesting that everyone always has to point out fatness. "A plump heiress' dog is kidnapped and..."

I mean..."A black heiress' dog is kidnapped"
"A blue-eyed heir's dog is kidnapped"
"A bald heir's dog is kidnapped"

I think we'd all kind of say: huh? if we read the 3 lines above and think: that's such a weird way to put it. Why does it matter? I don't get the sense (haven't seen the film, admittedly) that her being plump matters vis a vis her being an heiress with a dog, etc.

In the case of ...Real women have curves, then yes, it makes sense to say the coming of age story of a plump latina trying to break out in a world that doesn't always value her or whatever. But a 'plump heiress?' It's so apologetic. Give me a break.

do correct me if im wrong. i don't want to rant and then feel dumb if her fat ass is central to the plot or something. I mean, like if we find she actually sat on her dog, there was no crime involved, and her buttcheeks are so big she never noticed??? You know, that sort of thing.
fanofdimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #12
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdimensions
I think it's wonderful the producers chose Velvet to play this role as opposed to Hollywood which pads up Gwyeth, and I think it's important that larger sized actors and actresses have the same range of choices for parts their leaner counterparts have. That's true size acceptance.
I agree wholeheartedly, fanofdimensions.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 12:18 PM   #13
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

And speaking of which, according to the front board page, today is her 39th birthday. Happy, happy!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #14
technaut

technaut can now change their title

I'm really looking forward to see this movie, because its directors (and also actors) are well known here in France for their satyric parody of our society, politics etc. It's sometimes quite rude and scatologic, full of derision and self derision... must be something interesting, but i don't expect that the image of the bbw will be well treated.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:31 PM   #15
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm
Who is she?
I dunno.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #16
Phalloidium

Phalloidium can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by herin
I dunno.
Velvet... she's been hanging around Dimensions for years, but her professional life can keep her quite busy -- everything from dancing, to this Cannes gig, to being a nanny for obscenely rich folk. She's a very sweet and caring person.
Phalloidium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #17
JMNYC

JMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging inJMNYC makes people happy simply by logging in

Variety's drivel:

"A good portion of the cast seems to have physical abnormalities. Velvet, the actress who plays Avida, is a half-dressed Venus of Willendorf so obese she can barely walk, like the physical image of her over-consuming class."

Apology or no, (actually it's good someone apologized) the above hit me like a bolt of lightning. "So obese she can barely walk"?
JMNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #18
Assurnasripal

Assurnasripal has said some nice things

Hi!
I searched the Internet for Velvet, but could find nothing. Does she have a homepage? And this movie: Is there a trailer?

Greets
Assur
Assurnasripal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:31 PM   #19
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor

Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default TheMovie'sTitleIsHerCharacter'sName!

That takes this beyond the 'character actress' stage... a major media coup for Size Acceptance.
Ned Sonntag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #20
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow... I am such a fan of Velvet's. I hope I get to see this movie.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:54 PM   #21
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow! Velvet's long been a stunning pillar of Goddessness and she looks incredible in this still. Great work! (And phooey on the stupid press that said she can't walk.)
Old 06-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #22
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

How fun! I hope to see the movie!
I've been googling around for more info and came across several stills, that no doubt would be popular 'round these parts:

I'm off to find more...
Old 06-02-2006, 10:26 AM   #23
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh, I was going to mention to those of you unfamiliar with Velvet, she's got a Yahoo group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Velvet_Vixen/
When she would post her photos on Dimensions, she would always link back to the yahoo group.
As an added bonus, check out her group for a beautiful picture of her at Cannes.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:40 AM   #24
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
Oh, I was going to mention to those of you unfamiliar with Velvet, she's got a Yahoo group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Velvet_Vixen/
When she would post her photos on Dimensions, she would always link back to the yahoo group.
As an added bonus, check out her group for a beautiful picture of her at Cannes.
I've been a member for many months (years?)... I wanted to mention she posted a copy of the letter she sent to Variety regarding the review. She reminded the author she has danced in several professional dance troupes as well as walked the runway in a John Galliano fashion show. Does she rock, or what?

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #25
LJ Rock

LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs up Outstanding!

Velvet is a total sweetheart and I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than her... I can't wait to see the picture.