Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 06-08-2006, 09:18 PM   #26
Velvet

Velvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized rep

Aw arent you a sweetie! Thanks Tres! You are my official PR guy. The pic isnt a still from the film but a pic from my modeling card that the agent sent to a website that needed an image. Its my fav so I am glad you like it too although the quality is rather sketchy to say th least. Oh well, cest la vie!
La V

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos
And we knew her when...

http://www.festival-cannes.fr/films/...d_film=4359572

This may or may not be a still from the movie, but I don't really expect complaints either way.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #27
Velvet

Velvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized repVelvet has super-sized rep

Hey, Thanks Toodles! Life is good and I am in New York always looking for lovely BBW/SSBBW to model for me so hit me up if you are feeling inspired.
Kiss kiss ,
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Velvet lives such a fab life and I'm always envious of her exploits. to use a cheesy phrase, you go girl!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:26 PM   #28
Velvet

You are TOO funny!
Run for President will never happen although were I president I would impliment a foreign donut policy to incite world peace. The way it works is we donate our Dunkin Donuts globally. The trouble with Al Quaida is the same problem with Parisians, WE HAVE NO PROPER DONUTS! A beignet isnt a donut! And of course theres strife in the mid-east it is a donut free region!
Brad Pitt and Angelina's kid was born on my birthday but I think thats as close as we'll get. But I do want to be Anglina when I grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos
Yeah, right? Next she'll run for president, or marry Brad Pitt.

As I once wrote to her: "First I wanted to f--- you - now I want to BE you!"
Old 06-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #29
Velvet

Thank you Brenda! It wasn't easy but then what worthwhile ever is?
I am sure it will be making the rounds and if you can take artsy French surrealism you might just like it.
XO
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgirl33
Wow, congrats to Velvet! That is an awesome achievement, and I look forward to seeing the movie one day.

Brenda
Old 06-10-2006, 09:32 AM   #30
Velvet

lol You are funny!
Good point, no haven't sat on any defenseless dogs of late, defenseless men maybe, but they died a pleasant death, however where aire I go, my fat ass tends to be central to the plot. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
I do find it interesting that everyone always has to point out fatness. "A plump heiress' dog is kidnapped and..."

I mean..."A black heiress' dog is kidnapped"
"A blue-eyed heir's dog is kidnapped"
"A bald heir's dog is kidnapped"

I think we'd all kind of say: huh? if we read the 3 lines above and think: that's such a weird way to put it. Why does it matter? I don't get the sense (haven't seen the film, admittedly) that her being plump matters vis a vis her being an heiress with a dog, etc.

In the case of ...Real women have curves, then yes, it makes sense to say the coming of age story of a plump latina trying to break out in a world that doesn't always value her or whatever. But a 'plump heiress?' It's so apologetic. Give me a break.

do correct me if im wrong. i don't want to rant and then feel dumb if her fat ass is central to the plot or something. I mean, like if we find she actually sat on her dog, there was no crime involved, and her buttcheeks are so big she never noticed??? You know, that sort of thing.

Last edited by Velvet; 07-15-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #31
Velvet

Thank you Michelle!
How funny I never even thought about the bare arm thing, brazen arm show-er that I am I just loved my dress so much, I found a gown and then adapted it to the style I wanted with a bustier and a lovely bustle.
Thanks again, your kind comments made my day!
XO
Velvet

]She looked absolutely beautiful at Cannes. She even showed off her bare arms. How wonderful to see something besides a Size -2 walk the red carpet. Thanks for posting the link, Tres.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-2006, 09:39 AM   #32
Velvet

lol I try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze
Wow... She is becoming really popular these days.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:40 AM   #33
Velvet

Good question!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm
Who is she?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #34
Velvet

Thanks Bill!

Bill

P.S. She was a regular from way back, but she hasn't been posting for awhile.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #35
Velvet

Hey,
Thanks Dennis! Should be coming to a artsy theater near you soon.
XO
V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still a Skye fan
Wow! Congrats to the lovely Velvet!

I'd enjoy seeing her movie some day.

Dennis
Old 06-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #36
Velvet

Dayum, What a great writer, very well said.
Want to be my PR agent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdimensions
THe movie is a very weird, very surreal, but very good film. It is like watching a salvador dali painting in motion.

Velvet's role is an unusual one in that she is made up to look much different than her modeling and other pictures, like any actress would be. Her character is a unique one and the film should not be taken too literally as it's really an unusual art film.

Velvet had an interested in exchange with Variety (the Hollywood trade paper) which made some unfortunate comments about her size and got an apology for their remarks. While it is relevant in some ways that her character is larger sized, that character is just that, a character, and shouldn't be confused with Velvet, the person. Likewise, another actor plays a mute ketamine addict, but of course, he is not such a person - he's an actor.

I think it's wonderful the producers chose Velvet to play this role as opposed to Hollywood which pads up Gwyeth, and I think it's important that larger sized actors and actresses have the same range of choices for parts their leaner counterparts have. That's true size acceptance.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #37
Velvet

Me too Tina!

]I agree wholeheartedly, fanofdimensions.[/QUOTE]
Old 06-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #38
Velvet

THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
And speaking of which, according to the front board page, today is her 39th birthday. Happy, happy!
Old 06-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #39
Velvet

Hey Technaut,
I have yet to see any Grosland episodes so I am unfamiliar with that aspect of their work, I only saw AALTRA which I enjoyed, esp the way it was shot.
I only agreed to do the film if it did not make fun of fat people. So while it is a wholely unglamorous character, it is a character who can be both
annoying and somehow sensitive/vulnerable. I will let you be the judge.
Thanks!
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by technaut
I'm really looking forward to see this movie, because its directors (and also actors) are well known here in France for their satyric parody of our society, politics etc. It's sometimes quite rude and scatologic, full of derision and self derision... must be something interesting, but i don't expect that the image of the bbw will be well treated.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #40
Velvet

I am still finding myself ...
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by herin
I dunno.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #41
Velvet

Aw thanks!
Big kiss to you ,
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalloidium
Velvet... she's been hanging around Dimensions for years, but her professional life can keep her quite busy -- everything from dancing, to this Cannes gig, to being a nanny for obscenely rich folk. She's a very sweet and caring person.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:55 AM   #42
Velvet

Yeah me too! Then she claimed she was speaking of the character, which is true as they wanted an immobile-ish character, you have to see the movie, but I did put her in her place as I was rather offended to say the least given how fat and active I am.

"Velvet, the actress who plays Avida, is a half-dressed Venus
of Willendorf so obese she can barely walk, like the physical
image of her over-consuming class."

Not only can I walk, but I have danced with several well established
French contemporary dance companies, as well as hit the runway
for John Galliano (you need to be able to walk to do so).
It is interesting to me that you don't state for example, 'Gustave
Kervern, the actor who plays Captivus, is so darn mute he can
barely utter a word.'
I am playing the role of Avida, much like any other actor would.
I am not Avida. I suppose it underscores the fact that cinema
is nearly totally devoid of actresses of my size, whilst the streets
are full of us, and indeed obesity stats would confirm our growing
numbers. My sincere hope is that you might consider your error
and contemplate why you came to such a conclusion based on my
character, not on my person.
Thank you,
Velvet

Her responce,

"Sorry, I didn't mean YOU couldn't walk, I meant the character
couldn't -- she's carted around on a sled for most of the film. I
will correct our website review. Again, didn't mean to offend! I
liked your performance.
Deborah "

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNYC
Variety's drivel:

"A good portion of the cast seems to have physical abnormalities. Velvet, the actress who plays Avida, is a half-dressed Venus of Willendorf so obese she can barely walk, like the physical image of her over-consuming class."

Apology or no, (actually it's good someone apologized) the above hit me like a bolt of lightning. "So obese she can barely walk"?
Old 06-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #43
Velvet

She does,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Velvet_Vixen/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assurnasripal
Hi!
I searched the Internet for Velvet, but could find nothing. Does she have a homepage? And this movie: Is there a trailer?

Greets
Assur
Old 06-10-2006, 09:57 AM   #44
Velvet

THANKS my little Nedster!
I missed you!
XO
V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag
That takes this beyond the 'character actress' stage... a major media coup for Size Acceptance.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:00 AM   #45
Velvet

Aw, arent you kind! THANKS!
Im sure you shall see the movie, thats the best aspect of it getting to Cannes, it will indeed have a much wider audience. Wider in lots of aspects, teehee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl
Wow... I am such a fan of Velvet's. I hope I get to see this movie.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #46
Velvet

Santybumbleboo!!!
Thanks and kisses to you!
X O
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
Wow! Velvet's long been a stunning pillar of Goddessness and she looks incredible in this still. Great work! (And phooey on the stupid press that said she can't walk.)
Old 06-10-2006, 10:01 AM   #47
Velvet

Thanks Cat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
How fun! I hope to see the movie!
I've been googling around for more info and came across several stills, that no doubt would be popular 'round these parts:

I'm off to find more...
Old 06-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #48
Velvet

Thanks very much, so glad you've joined.
Hugs,
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
Oh, I was going to mention to those of you unfamiliar with Velvet, she's got a Yahoo group here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Velvet_Vixen/
When she would post her photos on Dimensions, she would always link back to the yahoo group.
As an added bonus, check out her group for a beautiful picture of her at Cannes.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #49
Velvet

Personally I think you rock!
Merci bcp ma cherie,
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl
I've been a member for many months (years?)... I wanted to mention she posted a copy of the letter she sent to Variety regarding the review. She reminded the author she has danced in several professional dance troupes as well as walked the runway in a John Galliano fashion show. Does she rock, or what?
Old 06-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #50
Velvet

My lovely LJ, You are so sweet, thank you very much!
Glad to hear you are doing so well.
X O
Velvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ Rock
Velvet is a total sweetheart and I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than her... I can't wait to see the picture.