Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 10-07-2010, 11:27 PM   #26
NJDoll

NJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNJDoll can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccormick View Post
I am one of these people.

really hott!!!
Old 10-08-2010, 07:29 AM   #27
paintsplotch
paint me happy

paintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized rep

Quote:

you are quite the eyecandy
Old 10-09-2010, 06:14 AM   #28
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think I am fat and fit.

I haven't always been... either I wasn't as active as I should/could have been and/or I was eating foods that weren't good for my body (and by that I mean, for my body personally as I have to watch sugar, etc due to Diabetes and other things in my family's health history). I don't have Diabetes, but I certainly could if I am not careful... I do have blood-sugar issues (precursor)

I could actually jog or run instead of walk (endurance wise) but things bounce too much and I always worry it will hurt my knees, so I just stick to walking, hiking and taking the stairs whenever I can. Oh! And I love to dance

Last edited by fat9276; 10-09-2010 at 06:40 AM. Reason: typo
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #29
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Whether or not thin people are unhealthy is never relevent. Ever.

I can say that non-smokers get lung cancer but that hasn't got anything to do with the fact that smoking causes cancer.

I can point out that you can break your leg if you've never skied, but it doesn't mean that skiing doesn't put you at risk of injury.

So if you want to have a discussion about whether or not being fat can coincide with being healthy, there is no point to saying that thin folks can get sick.
Yes but the difference is a person on skis is not assumed broken until he's broken.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:05 PM   #30
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Yes but the difference is a person on skis is not assumed broken until he's broken.
Lilly- yes... as we all seem to focus on the "appearence" as being truly fit is what happens inside...

Here's one for you... you can put it under "stange but true" when you think of the Late Mentzer Brothers of Bodybuilding fame...

Ray and Mike Mentzer in their prime

Ray Mentzer (August 2, 1953 – June 12, 2001) was the brother of Mike Mentzer and winner of the 1979 AAU Mr. America competition. Mike won the rival IFBB Mr America in 1976. Ray also won the 1976 Junior Mr. America and the 1978 IFBB Mr. USA. Ray Mentzer was the strongest bodybuilder in the history of the sport. He later became the owner of MedX rehabilitation clinics. He was an exponent of heavy duty training along with Mike and although retiring from competition in 1982 carried on training to the Heavy Duty high intensity principles. In 1983 he flew to Florida in order to be trained by Arthur jones. At a body of then unthinkable 250 plus pounds he added even more muscle within a month. He, along with Sergio Oliva, was the only bodybuilder to have a genuine 20 plus arm measurement. At one time, training for just 6 weeks, he squatted 902 pounds for 2 repetitions. He died from complications resulting fromBerger’s Disease. It is said those complications resulted in kidney failure. Ray died just two days after discovering Mike's dead body in the very same apartment due to heart failure.

source: Wikipedia

-------------------------------------------------------

Mike Mentzer

Mike Mentzer (November 15, 1951 – June 10, 2001) was an American former IFBB professional bodybuilder, businessman, and author
Mike Mentzer started competing in local physique contests when he was eighteen. His first contest was in 1969. In 1971 he suffered his worst defeat, placing 10th at the AAU Mr. America, which was won by Casey Viator. Mentzer considered his presence at this contest important later on, as it was here that he met Viator who gave Mentzer the contact information for his trainer Arthur Jones. After a layoff of a few years, he returned to competition in 1975 at the Mr. America, placing third behind Robby Robinson and Roger Callard. Mentzer went on to win that competition the next year, in 1976. He won the 1977 North America championships in Vancouver, British Columbia, and competed a week later at the 1977 Mr. Universe in Nîmes, France placing second to Kal Szkalak.
In 1978, Mentzer won the Mr. Universe in Acapulco, Mexico with the first and (thus far) only perfect 300 score. He became a professional bodybuilder after that 1978 Universe win. In late 1979, Mentzer won the heavyweight class of the Mr. Olympia, again with a perfect 300 score, but he lost in the overall to Frank Zane who was awarded the title for a third time that year. In the 1980 Mr. Olympia he placed fourth (in a tie with Boyer Coe) behind Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chris Dickerson and Frank Zane. He retired from competitive bodybuilding after that show at the age of 29. He maintained that the contest was rigged until the day he died, and never said he thought that he should have won, but that Arnold shouldn't have, though he eventually got on good terms with Schwarzenegger

Source:
Wikipedia

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #31
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would say I'm fat and fit

Attachment 85697

Last edited by FatAndProud; 01-23-2012 at 10:20 PM.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:56 AM   #32
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Whether or not thin people are unhealthy is never relevent. Ever.

I can say that non-smokers get lung cancer but that hasn't got anything to do with the fact that smoking causes cancer.

I can point out that you can break your leg if you've never skied, but it doesn't mean that skiing doesn't put you at risk of injury.

So if you want to have a discussion about whether or not being fat can coincide with being healthy, there is no point to saying that thin folks can get sick.
If, in your post, you are trying to follow the rules of logic for the fit and fat discussion, then your statements dont make sense.

There is a point to saying that being "fit" or "healthy" has nothing to do with weight, and using people who are thin and unhealthy as examples refuting the absolute statement "you must be thin to be healthy" then it actually supports the hypothesis. I believe that this absolute statement "you must be thin to be healthy" goes back to the OP's questions regarding whether you can be fat and fit.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #33
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

OMG! What a cutie and a great body!
Love the jeans on you very sexy.nom,nom,nom!
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #34
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Smile I see a trend - A-Shirt Appreciation

Quote:

Great Pic McCormick: always good to be 'Fat and Fit'... makes one less grumpy

Had to dust off an old photo to show some..."A-shirt" Support

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 10-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #35
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I need to get a white wife beater
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #36
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I need to get a white wife beater
yes yes yes

Old 10-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #37
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've got quite a few A-shirts in many different colours. Comfiest type of summer shirt out there

I'd love to be fat and fit but I totally lack motivation. No one is helping me get motivated, either.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #38
FatAndProud

wet t-shirt contest!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #39
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
wet t-shirt contest!!!
I forfeit! lol.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #40
FatAndProud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I forfeit! lol.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 AM   #41
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not fat & fit BUT I am marginally more fit than I was a year ago with some effort. There is some physical stuff that I've burned beyond recognition but I never thought I would make it back this far. Feeling pretty smug about it actually.

Hand me one of those wet t-shirts. *RAWR*

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #42
TinyTum
Scrabble addict

TinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I would consider myself to be fat and fit (as in physically fit, not in the sexy definition). I go swimming a lot which helps. Can do 80 x 25 metre lengths (2 km) of the pool all front crawl without being puffed out at the end of it. Did 5 km in August and wasn't puffed out after that although my shoulders and arms were tired.

I'm rubbish at walking up mountains and take many breathers. I live in a flat area of the UK where there are no mountains or significant hills to practise on. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
TinyTum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:33 AM   #43
paintsplotch
paint me happy

paintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized rep

im fat and fit..... theres alot i can do without a problem.
im healthy other than my size
Old 10-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #44
Rebel
Long Time Member

Rebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot picsRebel does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZainTheInsane View Post
Is it possible to be fat and fit at the same time?
Yes.
For example, the offensive linemen of the National Football League.
Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:46 PM   #45
ZainTheInsane

ZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 clubZainTheInsane is a member of the 500 club

Haha, I actually was wondering in the context of bbws rather than bhm. But good information and feedback. Thanks all
ZainTheInsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:20 PM   #46
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

It's funny the fat & fit thing. I have been going to the gym regularly for over a year and if I tell people that don't know me, gym things or speak about certain excercises, they look at me like im full of shit cos I'm still obviously fat.

But I know i smash it there and am fitter than I've ever been, even more so than when I was a so called normal weight. Sure I want to up the cardio, I'm at about 25-30 mins before I get full jelly legs, but I'm chippin away at it. As a woman, I lift pretty heavily but I've always been strong.

Fitness to me is flexibility coupled with stamina & strength. Your body needs to be able to work for you, you need to work with it. My goal is to be able to run & talk at the same time. I don't give a shit about size, it's how I feel not what I think. I am a very physical person and sex actually motivated me, as simply unfit people cant eff hard enough or long enough.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:11 AM   #47
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZainTheInsane View Post
Is it possible to be fat and fit at the same time?

yes it is,you can be fat and fit and athletic at the same time.not to brag but i am one of those people.i may be big but i can run fast,and am light on my feet so yes it is very possible.you dont have to be in shape to be healthy.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:13 AM   #48
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Lilly- yes... as we all seem to focus on the "appearence" as being truly fit is what happens inside...

Here's one for you... you can put it under "stange but true" when you think of the Late Mentzer Brothers of Bodybuilding fame...

Ray and Mike Mentzer in their prime

Ray Mentzer (August 2, 1953 – June 12, 2001) was the brother of Mike Mentzer and winner of the 1979 AAU Mr. America competition. Mike won the rival IFBB Mr America in 1976. Ray also won the 1976 Junior Mr. America and the 1978 IFBB Mr. USA. Ray Mentzer was the strongest bodybuilder in the history of the sport. He later became the owner of MedX rehabilitation clinics. He was an exponent of heavy duty training along with Mike and although retiring from competition in 1982 carried on training to the Heavy Duty high intensity principles. In 1983 he flew to Florida in order to be trained by Arthur jones. At a body of then unthinkable 250 plus pounds he added even more muscle within a month. He, along with Sergio Oliva, was the only bodybuilder to have a genuine 20 plus arm measurement. At one time, training for just 6 weeks, he squatted 902 pounds for 2 repetitions. He died from complications resulting fromBerger’s Disease. It is said those complications resulted in kidney failure. Ray died just two days after discovering Mike's dead body in the very same apartment due to heart failure.

source: Wikipedia

-------------------------------------------------------

Mike Mentzer

Mike Mentzer (November 15, 1951 – June 10, 2001) was an American former IFBB professional bodybuilder, businessman, and author
Mike Mentzer started competing in local physique contests when he was eighteen. His first contest was in 1969. In 1971 he suffered his worst defeat, placing 10th at the AAU Mr. America, which was won by Casey Viator. Mentzer considered his presence at this contest important later on, as it was here that he met Viator who gave Mentzer the contact information for his trainer Arthur Jones. After a layoff of a few years, he returned to competition in 1975 at the Mr. America, placing third behind Robby Robinson and Roger Callard. Mentzer went on to win that competition the next year, in 1976. He won the 1977 North America championships in Vancouver, British Columbia, and competed a week later at the 1977 Mr. Universe in Nîmes, France placing second to Kal Szkalak.
In 1978, Mentzer won the Mr. Universe in Acapulco, Mexico with the first and (thus far) only perfect 300 score. He became a professional bodybuilder after that 1978 Universe win. In late 1979, Mentzer won the heavyweight class of the Mr. Olympia, again with a perfect 300 score, but he lost in the overall to Frank Zane who was awarded the title for a third time that year. In the 1980 Mr. Olympia he placed fourth (in a tie with Boyer Coe) behind Arnold Schwarzenegger, Chris Dickerson and Frank Zane. He retired from competitive bodybuilding after that show at the age of 29. He maintained that the contest was rigged until the day he died, and never said he thought that he should have won, but that Arnold shouldn't have, though he eventually got on good terms with Schwarzenegger

Source:
Wikipedia
OMG Mike Mentzer my idol! HIT is always the way to go. R.I.P. Mike and Ray.
HeavyDuty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #49
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
Yes.
For example, the offensive linemen of the National Football League.
Fat and strong is not the same as fat and fit -- fit implies healthy. Some linemen go to very unhealthy lengths to get so big.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #50
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Smile curious minds want to know

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Fat and strong is not the same as fat and fit -- fit implies healthy. Some linemen go to very unhealthy lengths to get so big.
What sort of things do linemen do that are so unhealthy? Of course there are the tales of massive after-game and after-practice feasts and such, but what specifically unhealthy things do they do?

Thanks!