Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 12-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #51
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
What sort of things do linemen do that are so unhealthy? Of course there are the tales of massive after-game and after-practice feasts and such, but what specifically unhealthy things do they do?

Thanks!
He may be referring to the alleged steroid use that is rampant in professional sports these days.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #52
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
He may be referring to the alleged steroid use that is rampant in professional sports these days.
Some of those supplements have been known to do a good deal of harm as well... Next time you go to a Bookstore and browse through a Bodybuilding Magazine - a good portion is devoted to advertisement... heck a few ex competitors like Rich Gaspari are also in the supplement business

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #53
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Some of those supplements have been known to do a good deal of harm as well... Next time you go to a Bookstore and browse through a Bodybuilding Magazine - a good portion is devoted to advertisement... heck a few ex competitors like Rich Gaspari are also in the supplement business
yes i totally agree,Gaspari Nutrition is HUGE now! but i agree most Bodybuilding magazines are full of supplement advertisements.if you take out all the ad pages,there is only like 5 pages worth of articles.lol Rich should have won an Olympia for sure though.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #54
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

i agree,i'd rather hit my natural limit then take steroids...supplements and steroids are very different.supplements "supplement" you,but steroids give un-natural-like gains...
Old 12-15-2010, 10:01 PM   #55
Physix

Physix can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhysix can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPhysix can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBHMS View Post
Whether or not thin people are unhealthy is never relevent. Ever.
Uh, yes it is. Anorexia is taken pretty seriously. Am I missing something?
Physix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #56
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
i agree,i'd rather hit my natural limit then take steroids...supplements and steroids are very different.supplements "supplement" you,but steroids give un-natural-like gains...
On a not so completely unrelated note, I sing in an orchestral choir. Each singer is listed in the program and if you have sung in the group 25 years or more you get a '#' placed next to your name. Somewhere on the page it tells you what the # means but it's in small print and hard to locate in the dark. Recently some coworkers came to one of the shows and saw my name printed with the # next to it and asked me what it meant. I told them but now I'm kicking myself because I totally missed the opportunity to tell them that it indicates singers who tested positive for steroid use. Seriously, I crack myself up sometimes. When that brainstroke came to my head I thought of you two.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 12-17-2010, 08:27 AM   #57
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
On a not so completely unrelated note, I sing in an orchestral choir. Each singer is listed in the program and if you have sung in the group 25 years or more you get a '#' placed next to your name. Somewhere on the page it tells you what the # means but it's in small print and hard to locate in the dark. Recently some coworkers came to one of the shows and saw my name printed with the # next to it and asked me what it meant. I told them but now I'm kicking myself because I totally missed the opportunity to tell them that it indicates singers who tested positive for steroid use. Seriously, I crack myself up sometimes. When that brainstroke came to my head I thought of you two.

haha funny story,i think there is an asterik by althletes names if they have used i think or something like that lol.and um,thank you for thinking about me even if it was just alittle,means alot.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #58
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDuty24 View Post
haha funny story,i think there is an asterik by althletes names if they have used i think or something like that lol.and um,thank you for thinking about me even if it was just alittle,means alot.
Yes, I heard that a while ago. I was talking about Barry Bonds some time ago and someone mentioned that they were thinking of adding his name to the Hall of Fame but with an asterisk next to it indicating that he tested positive for steroids. I don't have a dog in that fight at all but it was inspiration for my choir joke.

@~;~~
Old 12-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #59
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Yes, I heard that a while ago. I was talking about Barry Bonds some time ago and someone mentioned that they were thinking of adding his name to the Hall of Fame but with an asterisk next to it indicating that he tested positive for steroids. I don't have a dog in that fight at all but it was inspiration for my choir joke.
haha and a good joke at that.when i thought of the asterik thing i thought of Barry Bonds too.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #60
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Lilly:
A great movie you might to check out is Bigger Faster Stronger

I had posted this movie in the Health Thread awhile back... but,there is a clip in the movie about Musicians using performance like drugs to help them prior to performing on stage

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #61
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

Quote:
Lilly:

I had posted this movie in the Health Thread awhile back... but,there is a clip in the movie about Musicians using performance like drugs to help them prior to performing on stage
Follow-up...not sure which scene of the Bigger Faster Stronger Doucmentary mentions it.. but, this concerns musicians using Beta Blockers...

This was an article from the NY Times in 2004

NY Times : Musicians and Beta Blockers

Old 12-18-2010, 08:50 AM   #62
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Follow-up...not sure which scene of the Bigger Faster Stronger Doucmentary mentions it.. but, this concerns musicians using Beta Blockers...

This was an article from the NY Times in 2004

NY Times : Musicians and Beta Blockers
Wow. I know that drug addiction and alcoholism are really bad in musical circles of all types. Singing is sooo connected by physical well being. I know quite a few opera stars who use. It's pretty bad. I had no idea about the performance enhancing drugs though. I'll watch Tony, thanks for the tip!

@~;~~
Old 12-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #63
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Lilly:

i LOVE that documentary man,it was very good and insightful.Bigger,Faster,Stronger was great.the narrator did a good job too.another good documentary is "The Truth About Steroids" pretty good too.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:26 AM   #64
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
What sort of things do linemen do that are so unhealthy? Of course there are the tales of massive after-game and after-practice feasts and such, but what specifically unhealthy things do they do?

Thanks!
I've seen first hand how high school coaches encourage their linemen to "bulk up." So you have kids purposefully overeating, doing only heavy weights, and taking steroids. Not a recipe for good health.

The pressure to get big is even more intense at the college and pro levels.

Ohio State researchers have concluded that many linemen are not healthy.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/linemen.htm
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #65
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

im fat, and i try to be fit. i'm not an FA or an FFA but i was told that i need to participate on other boards so pardon the interruption

post count!
Old 12-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #66
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
im fat, and i try to be fit. i'm not an FA or an FFA but i was told that i need to participate on other boards so pardon the interruption

post count!

what is fat other then your head?????

Old 12-31-2010, 05:42 AM   #67
vinarian
Crazy Person

vinarian can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesvinarian can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZainTheInsane View Post
Is it possible to be fat and fit at the same time?
It is tough to stay fit - I've been there, 310lbs, but hiking 150 miles per week, I just like to eat -- unfortunately, I got a new job, where I cant take six days off each week, and while I've only gained about 30lbs or so, I definately feel fat(er) - by ALOT
Old 01-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #68
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinarian View Post
It is tough to stay fit - I've been there, 310lbs, but hiking 150 miles per week, I just like to eat -- unfortunately, I got a new job, where I cant take six days off each week, and while I've only gained about 30lbs or so, I definately feel fat(er) - by ALOT

Ah, glory days - eat all your want, exercise a lot, be big and fit! But hard to maintain and have a job....