Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-01-2005, 10:58 AM   #26
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

waitingforsuperman can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
They sell peanuts pre-shelled these days

they do?! that's crazy! how to they get the shells off?! probably asian kids in sweatshops do it. i want no part in this.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:00 AM   #27
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

BB, you just answered the question I was going to ask Santa, which was, are there any brands that taste better than others. I tried soy milk a couple of years ago and was disgusted. I'm not thrilled with regular milk and hardly drink it (except as you mentioned with certain things that just aren't as good without it), but it just seems soy milk would be much better for me -- less sugar and all (which my body doesn't seem to tolerate well at all).

Maybe I'll try the silk and see how that goes -- with cereal, or something, not plain in a glass.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:19 PM   #28
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chicken adobo, pork adobo, rice, poncit and lumpia. Wonderfully delicious Phillippino food!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 10-01-2005, 01:59 PM   #29
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Absolutly nothing and i'mstarving and want chinese.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #30
Tina
Older and wiser now

Ouch. Seems like this would be the wrong thread to be reading, then, Em. Torture.

Old 10-01-2005, 02:22 PM   #31
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah it is
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #32
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Smile Dinner

I just ate a huge piece of southwest grilled salmon from Trader Joe's with a glass of Crystal Light (I too am part of the Crystal Light Crowd). I'll probably have some salsa and chips later while watching a movie and I have a new box of drumstick ice cream cones. I'll eat one (perhaps two.. shhhh) for dessert.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #33
BigCutieCindy
Simply Flabulous

BigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized rep

Left over macaroni and cheese washed down with some diet coke. I would love to finish up with some Hershey caramel kisses but I ate all I had already :
BigCutieCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #34
chocolatebluesdiva
Diva/Member/Student

chocolatebluesdiva can now change their title
Default Mmm... Yummy!

I have just eaten:
2 Popeye's chicken strips (mild)
3 Popeyes chicken (leg, thigh, wing) (again mild)
1 slice meatlovers pizza
2 hot dogs
french fries
1 order of chicken & brocolli from Bombgaurts.

Yep, I'm a little full and a little not. Still drinking fluids though... doesnt' count as eating.

Oops! Also had a plain hamburger on a corn-dusted roll.
chocolatebluesdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 12:54 AM   #35
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
Oh, I like soy milk, Tina, so you probably wouldn't like oat either. I started using it around five years ago when I suddenly had super high cholesterol. I almost never drink it plain tho, just in coffee or cereal.
I like soy, rice and oat milk, in that order. Soy and rice are good mixed too. Rice is kinda thin. Oat for some reason sucks in coffee. I vary 'em 'cos too much soy makes me allergic. Forget comparing them with cow's milk - it's just different.
Have you ever tried almond milk? When I first heard about it my first thought was "Uh, no thanks". But I tried it and it tastes really good. Plus almonds have the good kind of fat that helps people lower their cholesterol and triglycerides.
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #36
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The kielbasa soup is about 20 mins from meeting it's maker. Me.

Okay, so it already met it's maker... but you get what I'm saying?

Old 10-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #37
waitingforsuperman
annmarie says i'm snarky

waitingforsuperman can now change their title

by "meeting its maker," i believe you mean "meeting the inside of its maker's tummy."

sounds yummy.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:06 PM   #38
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

What is the recipe? I have some kielbasa hanging around in the freezer and I'm sick of paring it with sauerkraut.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:35 PM   #39
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
What is the recipe? I have some kielbasa hanging around in the freezer and I'm sick of paring it with sauerkraut.
This is a completely made up concoction, but I love it and eat it about 2 times a week.

You need:
  • 1 can of shelled beans (or pink/light red kidney beans, but I preferred shelled)
  • 1 can of diced tomatoes (I use roasted garlic or onion variety, but NOT italian herb or something, NOT the right flavor)
  • 1 kielbasa (I use light because I'm not such a fan of the super grease, but it's up to you)
  • Cooked rice (I use white, and I cook about 2 cups of the raw rice, so whatever that equals cooked
  • 1 large can of chicken broth (48 oz)
  • sweet onion
  • minced garlic

Combine broth, can of tomatoes, can of beans, pepper, onion powder*, garlic powder* into large soup pot (like a big kettle, it makes a bunch), boil and or simmer while you prepare the rest.

I cut the kielbasa in half down the middle (long way) and then I cut each half into 1/4 inch or so strips. That way they are sort of bite-size half moons in the soup. You can do it whatever way you want. You're going to heat/lightly brown the kielbasa, some diced onion, and minced garlic in a frying pan. You can use as much or as little of them as you'd like, but I usually use about a tablespoon of garlic, and a large diced wedge of onion. When everything is heated, onions are getting wet/translucent, you can stop cooking and add everything to the pot.

When the rice is done, you add that in to the pot as well. I usually add it about half, then a little more and keep stiring until I have a good broth/stuff ratio... again, totally up to you how wet or thick you'd like it.

I usually cook it about 20 more mins (simmer) so the rice can soak up a bit more broth and set all the ingredients together... then eat it!

Hope that makes sense, I've never had to break it all down as I just sort of threw it all in a pan one day and kept doing it since then!

Last edited by AnnMarie; 10-02-2005 at 06:36 PM. Reason: fixed by bulleted list
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #40
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingforsuperman
by "meeting its maker," i believe you mean "meeting the inside of its maker's tummy."

sounds yummy.
You are correct, and the time is nigh!
Old 10-02-2005, 06:56 PM   #41
Tina
Older and wiser now

A homemade carnitas meat burrito, with plenty of avocado and sour cream.

Old 10-02-2005, 06:59 PM   #42
Tina
Older and wiser now

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_obese_girl
Have you ever tried almond milk? When I first heard about it my first thought was "Uh, no thanks". But I tried it and it tastes really good. Plus almonds have the good kind of fat that helps people lower their cholesterol and triglycerides.
I've never heard of that. It's worth a try, thanks.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #43
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

The grandson was here this weekend, and we made caramel apples this afternoon. I also made some homemade caramel nut candy. Yummmmmmmm!!

Great fall treat!!

Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:46 PM   #44
prettyssbbw

prettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized repprettyssbbw has super-sized rep
Talking I am..

coming in a little late but i had for breakfast
1 pound of bacon
6 biscuits
6 fried eggs
Butter and brown sugar for the biscuits

Lunch
1 can of chili
6 hotdogs
put onto bread and smeared with mayo with
some fresh diced onions.smothered with chili yumm
some shoestring fries

Snack.
Large bag of fritos BBQ Hoops.
Coke (probably 6 through the day)

Dinner
9x13 Pan of Tater tot casserole and a coke.

After dinner snack
2 Large Mcflurries.One Oreo and caramel and one rolo one. (ty bbwcutie for putting me onto these!)

After reading about ya'lls mac n cheese i think i want that now lol.

Ya'll got to hit AnnMarie up for her Corn Chowdah recipe! I found the recipe on her blog and it is DELICIOUS!

TTYL XOXO
prettyssbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:34 AM   #45
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyssbbw
Ya'll got to hit AnnMarie up for her Corn Chowdah recipe! I found the recipe on her blog and it is DELICIOUS!

OH yeah, I JUST made my first batch of the season last week, and man it was SOOOOO good... ugh, I think I'm going to have to make more today... now I'm wanting it.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #46
BigCutieCindy
Simply Flabulous

BigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized rep
Default Cindy is happy again

Just went grocery shopping today and I'm now happily munching on Hershey caramel Kisses!!! They rock!
BigCutieCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:24 PM   #47
Ivy
more cake, please!

Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!Ivy keeps pushing the rep limit!

Reeses cups! I've been eating them like it's going outta style..

Last edited by AnnMarie; 10-07-2005 at 12:28 AM. Reason: signature removed per rules posted on paysite board
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #48
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

Sweet and sour chicken and crab rangoons

Last edited by AnnMarie; 10-07-2005 at 12:29 AM. Reason: signature removed per rules posted on paysite board
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #49
Tina
Older and wiser now

Cheese ravioli with this wonderful pesto from Costco, and freshly grated asiago cheese.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:01 PM   #50
Tim_FA

Tim_FA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTim_FA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

710 ML can of Old Milwaukee .......MMMmmmmmm

I'm in love with an Aussie :smitten:
Tim_FA is offline   Reply With Quote