Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default where the heck is the chocolate lover's thread???!! :D

I just bought a whole bunch of Lindt 90% cocoa bars... I love love love really dark high quality chocolate w/out much sugar (I smell it, swirl it around in my mouth, find all the notes..haha like wine). I love to eat it with organic-natural peanut butter or by itself, or melt it in really strong coffee or espresso!!! Eeeeee it makes me so happy!!!!

btw Godiva has a 85% cocoa bar called Santiago or something and it is to die for!!

Last edited by fat9276; 09-27-2010 at 05:47 PM. Reason: forgot the butter
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:22 PM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I thought we had one here someplace....

I'm a dark chocolate sampler... anytime I see the word DARK.. it jumps in my grocery cart. Unbelievable!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #3
TinyTum
Scrabble addict

TinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I like adding a small square of really dark chocolate to a mug of hot chocolate (you know, the ones that come powdered in a sachet). mmmm... yummy.

Last edited by TinyTum; 09-28-2010 at 10:45 AM.
TinyTum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Dolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going on

I was just looking for a chocolate thread myself.

Queen Bee Gardens out of Wyoming makes the BEST chocolate ever, IMO. Their chocolate honeymoons are similar to Turtles but are made with all natural ingredients, using only honey as a sweetener. I love the dark chocolate pecan. You can find these oftentimes at natural foods stores. I order in bulk online when I'm feeling naughty

Other favorites are Raisinets, Rocky Road and Awesome Walnut Square Candy Bars from See's Candies, and Joseph Schmidt chocolate truffles from San Franscisco.

Oh chocolate, how do I love thee!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Dolce
ShapeShifter

Dolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going onDolce knows EXACTLY what's going on

Joseph Schmidt Chocolate Truffles

[IMG]http://www.cyberdirect.us/gourmet/ho...mages/7390.jpg[/IMG]

See's Candies Rocky Road

[IMG]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2238/...7b86ebc4d7.jpg[/IMG]

See's Candies Awsome Walnut Bar

Oh and because I am allergic to wheat I love making a rich chocolate cake with blackbeans and buttercream frosting. I sweeten everything with honey. It is SOOOO decadent! I'll post pics next time I make one
Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 AM   #6
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know what you mean. There are times when nothing but dark chocolate will do (well, almost nothing). A bit ago Trader Joe's had those packages with eight individually wrapped bars of dark chocolate from different parts of the world, all marked with the percentage of dark chocolate. What a treat, and it's also interesting to taste the big difference between 60% and 75%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
I just bought a whole bunch of Lindt 90% cocoa bars... I love love love really dark high quality chocolate w/out much sugar (I smell it, swirl it around in my mouth, find all the notes..haha like wine). I love to eat it with organic-natural peanut butter or by itself, or melt it in really strong coffee or espresso!!! Eeeeee it makes me so happy!!!!

btw Godiva has a 85% cocoa bar called Santiago or something and it is to die for!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trader_joe_dark_chocolate.jpg (44.2 KB, 57 views)
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love dark chocolate, but 70% is about my limit for dark chocolate enjoyment. I've tried darker chocolates, and up to 85% is good in small doses, but more than that is not for me.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #8
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Over the past year I've been enjoying the combination of Hershey's dark chocolate with espresso, and it's been GOOD. I think, reading this thread, I just picked up a few good suggestions to try, along with Green and Black's organic dark chocolate bars.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:45 PM   #9
TinyTum
Scrabble addict

TinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTinyTum can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Save View Post
Over the past year I've been enjoying the combination of Hershey's dark chocolate with espresso, and it's been GOOD. I think, reading this thread, I just picked up a few good suggestions to try, along with Green and Black's organic dark chocolate bars.
Green and Blacks are my favourite. Their 70% cocoa solid bars have fruity undertones. 85% is a bit too dark for me but lovely in hot chocolate or in baking.
TinyTum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not a great fan of dark chocolate, but I do love Green & Black's Maya Gold.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #11
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I still have a few Lindt dark choclate bars, but I'll be picking up the 85% bar tomorrow, just for the sake of comparison. I got sidetracked by the Green and Black organic toffee with milk chocolate bar.