Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #226
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You will love it.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #227
fat9276
~more jiggles than jello~

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sorry Dro but the couple I had were lame (had to drink the second one because I already bought it). I wasn't impressed.

I had some bottled IBC at a couple local shops recently (haven't had this brand in a looonnnng while) and thought it was much better than Hansen's.

I need to find me some Henry's.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:23 PM   #228
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Still looking for good root beer here in Aus (so far all I've found is Faygo). Decided to pick up some sarsaparilla (Bundaberg brand) to see if it comes close... only I picked up the Diet kind by mistake. It tastes like rubbing alcohol.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #229
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I wish I had the money to send you a case of Sprecher's.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:03 AM   #230
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Aw, that is the sweetest! Even if you had the cash I'd say save your money, though. You've got tons of way more important things to spend it on. Nine-tenths of the cost of shipping a case here would be the shipping. It'd be insanely expensive. That's the only reason I haven't done that yet myself.

Eventually I'll find something good here!

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #231
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I recently tried a WBC Goose Island Chicago Style Root Beer and was really impressed. Except for an occasional taste of a craft soda, I don't drink soda and rarely miss it, but this one is worth having again. Soon.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #232
Dromond
Old school

Goose Island is a really good root beer, no question.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:45 PM   #233
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Starbucks serves sodas called "fizzios" now. One of the flavor options is spiced root beer. Husband and I split a small one tonight to see what it was all about, and we were both pleasantly surprised. I thought it had an awesome flavor. Strong but balanced, spicy and a little bit sharp. And not overly sweet. Just the right amount of fizz too. They're expensive, but it was a nice treat. I'll have another one for sure one day.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #234
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
Starbucks serves sodas called "fizzios" now. One of the flavor options is spiced root beer. Husband and I split a small one tonight to see what it was all about, and we were both pleasantly surprised. I thought it had an awesome flavor. Strong but balanced, spicy and a little bit sharp. And not overly sweet. Just the right amount of fizz too. They're expensive, but it was a nice treat. I'll have another one for sure one day.
Huh. I'll have to try this. Thank you for the heads up!
Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #235
Dromond
Old school

Boo, my local Starbucks doesn't have it yet.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #236
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, we got another one of the Starbucks Fizzio spiced root beers over the weekend and it didn't taste the same. It was the same Starbucks location, but this time the soda had a bit of a sour taste to it and I didn't like it at all. They do sell a lemon Fizzio, and they mix the sodas to order right there behind the counter, so maybe it was a cross-contamination issue? My husband picked it up from the drive-through and didn't see them make it, so who knows? He thought it tasted different, but not off-putting like it was to me, so I let him finish it. I think that's it for me though, I don't usually go to Starbucks much and when I do it's usually just for an iced tea.

If they do make it to your area, take it with a grain of salt, because of the two I've had, there's been one hit and one miss.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #237
Dromond
Old school

Starbucks is too expensive to play root beer roulette.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #238
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I bought some root beer barrels to use in my cotton candy machine.. root beer cotton candy!!
Old 08-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #239
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, the last of the root beer from our soda shop field trip is officially gone. My nephew had the Gale's with cinnamon, ginger and vanilla, and I tried a bit of it. It's an impressive root beer, but I much prefer the WBC Goose Island Chicago Style one. And the butterscotch!
Old 08-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #240
Dromond
Old school

Butterscotch root beer is amazingly good.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #241
Dromond
Old school

Calorie counters and diabetics rejoice! A diet root beer that has the Dromond stamp of approval!

Sprecher's Lo Cal root beer is great! Not just tolerable, or merely good, but GREAT! It is sweetened with saccharine in addition to honey and sugar. If you drink the whole bottle in one setting (and why wouldn't you?), you'll get a total of 8 grams of sugar, rather than around 100 grams.

The root beer experience is there, friends and neighbors. While the mouthfeel is not nearly as creamy as the regular brew, it still has a mouthfeel. It does not feel like root beer flavored mouthwash. The head is respectable, and the carbonation is toned down a bit so as to not overpower the feel of it in your mouth. And best of all, the root beery taste is there in all it's glory.

In conclusion: I APPROVE! I would and will drink it again!

Old 09-20-2014, 02:21 PM   #242
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Good to know, Dro. Thanks. I can only tolerate Splenda. Saccharine and Aspartame give me raging headaches and fluid retention something horrible!

The diet root beer I drink every evening is Hansen's Diet Creamy Root Beer. It is a bit heavy on the licorice taste in some batches, but all in all, I think it has good flavor for a diet drink.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #243
Dromond
Old school

Drat. I didn't realize saccharine would cause that reaction.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #244
Tom the pig 8

Tom the pig 8 can now change their title

I have always loved root beer. My dad used to make root beer at home. It was pretty powerful. The rules was that we had to take outside to open it.
When I started driving, going to the A&W root beer drive in was wicked good! They had the best fries and cheeseburgers too. Girls on roller skates would bring the order on a tray that would hang off the car window.
Tom the pig 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #245
Ohio Lady

Ohio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions communityOhio Lady is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have found I like Vanilla Root beer.. My ex used to get Dad's Rootbeer
Ohio Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #246
Dromond
Old school

The A&W and Dad's of ages past are, sadly, in the past. The current formulations of both are inferior products.

And vanilla root beer is darned good. Butterscotch flavor root beer is even better.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:19 PM   #247
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I keep forgetting to look for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Calorie counters and diabetics rejoice! A diet root beer that has the Dromond stamp of approval!

Sprecher's Lo Cal root beer is great! Not just tolerable, or merely good, but GREAT! It is sweetened with saccharine in addition to honey and sugar. If you drink the whole bottle in one setting (and why wouldn't you?), you'll get a total of 8 grams of sugar, rather than around 100 grams.

The root beer experience is there, friends and neighbors. While the mouthfeel is not nearly as creamy as the regular brew, it still has a mouthfeel. It does not feel like root beer flavored mouthwash. The head is respectable, and the carbonation is toned down a bit so as to not overpower the feel of it in your mouth. And best of all, the root beery taste is there in all it's glory.

In conclusion: I APPROVE! I would and will drink it again!

Old 11-18-2014, 02:09 PM   #248
bigwillylandis

bigwillylandis has said some nice things

im a big fan of root bar. of course A&W is the standard for the industry but I believe barqs is a stronger variety with more flavor. my favorite sleeper independent brand is jone soda.
bigwillylandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:39 AM   #249
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dro.. look..

Free Root Beer Float at A&W (8/6)

Celebrate National Root Beer Float Day with a free small root beer float at A&W Restaurants from 2pm to closing on Thursday, August 6th. Find an A&W near you.
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:56 AM   #250
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ice cold diet A&W root beer in an ice cold - from the freezer - hits the spot on a Florida-like humid day