Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-21-2010, 08:13 PM   #76
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yeah about that..it seems I can't ship any consumables to Canada. Damn.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #77
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dear US residents...

I now hate you because you can buy this:

http://twitpic.com/32eq0h/full

And we in Canada cannot.

So... What I'm getting at is...

NO FAIIIRRRRRR!!!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:39 AM   #78
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Huh.

For the first time ever, I regret not being able to drink alcohol.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #79
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love root beer! I grew up on A&W and I agree that the A&W of today just ain't the same!

I have taken a liking to Diet Hansen's Creamy Root Beer. It is actually quite good! Now, before you all shoot me, I know that diet root beer is just wrong. However, I have been trying to cut down on the amount of sugary drinks I have been consuming and found that Diet Hansen's has almost none of that horrible aftertaste that diet sodas have~as long as it is ice cold.

Now, mind you, I love root beer, so for me to say that a diet root beer actually tastes good is reeeeeaaaaaaallllly going some!

Of course, my favorite root beer is any kind that has vanilla ice cream floating in it!
Old 11-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #80
graphicsgal

graphicsgal can now change their title

I am a fan of A&W some days. I also like Stewart's. There is a local guy who makes some delicious root beer....BuckSnort....that can be found at farmer's markets and some of the organic stores we have in the area. I do find myself craving it sometimes. It is earthy and I love the little bite it has. My kids, however, hate it.

(facebook page for BuckSnort: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BuckSn...15085721852351)
graphicsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #81
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I would love to try Bucksnort. However, the licorice root ingredient makes me a bit wary, as too much licorice can really spoil the root beer. At least in my opinion.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #82
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hubby and I are talking about buying a root beer making kit for our son for Xmas. He's 7 and loves root beer. It would be a daddy son project i think it would be fun to make our own root beer
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #83
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyapple View Post
Fuzzy...I think we are neighbors unless you are talking about a different Maddox than the one near me. If Brigham City is your local sarsparilla source, then I'm waving from Layton.

And the birch root beer at Maddox Ranch is still better than the sarsparilla. I'm strongly anti-licorice though.
It's been years since I've been to the Maddox in Brigham City.
It made for a nice rest-break point when motorbike riding out to Bear Lake.

Didn't recall they had house-brand rootbeer... that sounds interesitng.
I'll definitely have to check that out again this summer!

-Rusty
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #84
Dromond
Old school

Funny that this thread was revived. I'm currently enjoying a Boylan's root beer.

It has a sharp nose, very inviting. The head lingers after pouring, which is always a good sign. The flavor has more savory than sweet notes, with a strong tingle of carbonation and a mild phosphoric after burn that is not unpleasant. For someone who wants a stronger flavor than the typical root beer, this one satisfies nicely.

I love me some root beer!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #85
Twilley

Twilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTwilley is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Ever since I had to give up alcohol, searching for new types of root beer has been an awesome past time. It has also lead me to sarsaparilla, and the sinus-clearing Maine Root
Old 04-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #86
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
It's been years since I've been to the Maddox in Brigham City.
It made for a nice rest-break point when motorbike riding out to Bear Lake.

Didn't recall they had house-brand rootbeer... that sounds interesitng.
I'll definitely have to check that out again this summer!

-Rusty
They have their house-brand on tap (as it were) and available in 2-liter bottles. Rootbeer, sassparilla, and cream.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #87
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

i love root beer! it is one of my favirote drinks.my favirote is A&W.but Mug's and Barq's are good too.this company called Polar makes some real good root beer too.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:09 PM   #88
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
I have only three things to say in this thread:

root beer floats

and...

Do they still make Hires anymore?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:08 PM   #89
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggletiger View Post
Do they still make Hires anymore?
OMG I LOVE HIRES! and yes they do! you can find it at some Family Dollar stores.
Old 06-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #90
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Funny that this thread was revived. I'm currently enjoying a Boylan's root beer.

It has a sharp nose, very inviting. The head lingers after pouring, which is always a good sign. The flavor has more savory than sweet notes, with a strong tingle of carbonation and a mild phosphoric after burn that is not unpleasant. For someone who wants a stronger flavor than the typical root beer, this one satisfies nicely.

I love me some root beer!
Just tried Boylan's recently...very enjoyable! Plus, I like that it's made with cane sugar rather than the dreaded corn syrup.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #91
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Jeez...

I posted in the other root-beer thread by mistake...
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #92
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Watched Dine-In's Diners and Dives the other night and someone put rootbeer in their homemade BBQ for pork. I thought, "Wow, what a splendid idea!" I think I might try that.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #93
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

Hmmm, yeah, I should try looking up home-making rootbeer recipes.
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #94
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For those who can imbibe:

http://www.hardluckvodkamichigan.com.../site2010.html

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:09 PM   #95
Kamily

Kamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized repKamily has super-sized rep

Root beer is something that I drink only if its ice cold and in small amounts only. And I hate ice cream in it. YUCK!
Kamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #96
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamily View Post
Root beer is something that I drink only if its ice cold and in small amounts only. And I hate ice cream in it. YUCK!
Not all BBW's float.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #97
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamily View Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #98
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Ditto!

And this BBW definitely floats!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #99
toottiefruitie

toottiefruitie has said some nice things
Unhappy

LOVE!!! Root beer, it is getting so hard to buy it in the uk...going away to cry now!
toottiefruitie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #100
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

reading this thread again.. I need to get me some root beer! i might try something different.

Oh and i LOVE floats