Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-01-2011, 08:34 PM   #101
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

finished my A&W 2-Liter Root Beer the other day.as usual all kinds of good.lol
Old 07-02-2011, 01:48 PM   #102
Captain Save
never had a 40

Location: At the bottom of the coffee cup, with lots of chocolates and pastries.
Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ROOT BEER FLOATS!!

I knew there was something on my list I haven't had recently; thanks for the reminder.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #103
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So I may get shot by the root beer purists here, but our local Jack in the Box is now offering root beer floats! I had one yesterday and it was actually pretty good! Yum!
Old 07-02-2011, 09:37 PM   #104
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It depends on the root beer in question.
Old 07-06-2011, 04:43 PM   #105
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
It depends on the root beer in question.
It was Barq's. But I must amend my last post. It is hot here today so I stopped at Jack in the Box and got another float. It wasn't cold enough and I have no idea what they did, but the root beer had no flavor and the ice cream just melted...none of that yummy crusty root beer sugar that forms when you pour root beer over the ice cream! So disappointing.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:57 PM   #106
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Barq's is not root beer, in my opinion. Root beer should never have caffeine, as none of the ingredients of root beer contain caffeine. Aside from that, Barq's is a low quality drink. It doesn't make good floats.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:54 AM   #107
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

this is some really really good root-beer if your able to find it,it's kinda rare but so good.i highly recommend.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #108
Dromond
Old school

Watch this space: I have found a local source here in my new Florida home to get micro-brew root beers. When I get the chance, I will be trying new rooties!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #109
BullseyeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Watch this space: I have found a local source here in my new Florida home to get micro-brew root beers. When I get the chance, I will be trying new rooties!
Have fun! Keep yourself in control, though! Hahahahaha
Old 10-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #110
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep

when i can't get st. arnold's (laughing at all you non-texans right now)

i do the next classy thing and go to sonic (they serve barqs). but there's something about root beer + sonic ice that makes me really happy.
bremerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #111
Dromond
Old school

I've had it, and it's pretty good. It still can't hold up to Sprecher's, though.

And Barq's isn't root beer, it's a base pretender. Root beer does NOT have caffeine.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #112
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremerton View Post
when i can't get st. arnold's (laughing at all you non-texans right now)

I need to give it a try sometime. I regularly drink St. Arnold's beer, Santo being my favorite, but I have never tried their root beer.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #113
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

I saw some Faygo rootbeer dislike, gotta put this up here:

Quote:
Faygo brands received some high praise from the culinary industry when it was announced that the September 2009 issue of Bon Appétit magazine ranked Faygo Root Beer as the best tasting American root beer, describing it as "dry and crisp, with a frothy head, a good bite and a long finish."[3][4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faygo
Old 10-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #114
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hire's Root Beer, the BEST EVER!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #115
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deven View Post
I saw some Faygo rootbeer dislike, gotta put this up here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faygo
That just goes to show that the American public has no taste.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #116
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm hoping my hubs will stop off at A&W on the way home today. they have original recipe brewed everyday by the gallon it's so good. it's a good thing the 90 miles away from home. I think I die and sugar shock if it was closer.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #117
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

They forgot my rootbeer!! We go back down in December, i WILL get my rootbeer!!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #118
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
They forgot my rootbeer!! We go back down in December, i WILL get my rootbeer!!
TO THE DOGHOUSE WITH HIM!

obligatory lower case text
Old 10-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #119
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

lol I can forgive him. It took them 45 minutes just to get out of Sacramento yesterday. they probably wanted to book it home.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #120
Dromond
Old school

Anyone who forgets my root beer will feel my wrath! (dramatic organ music and sounds of thunder)
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #121
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board
Default A bit of a discovery. . .

As I was enjoying the warm weather today, I took a motorcycle ride to one of my favorite places. What I discovered inside, was most amazing. A substantial selection of sodas, but especially root beers. I have a few pictures, but they only show a portion of their selection. . It was a good day... I posted pictures of a few of the brands on display. .I only bought a couple for myself.. I apologize for the picture quality they were taken with a cell phone, but gives you an idea of the selection.

http://hawkeye53200.deviantart.com/#/d5j14px

http://hawkeye53200.deviantart.com/#/d5j14kx

http://hawkeye53200.deviantart.com/#/d5j1465
Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #122
Dromond
Old school

YOU MUST TRY THE BUTTERSCOTCH ROOT BEER!

You will thank me forever. You will. It's out of this world. I wish I still had access to it!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #123
Dromond
Old school

I've tried some of the rooties in your pictures.

The Good:
  • Dang! That's Good: Awesome. Their butterscotch... see above.
  • Gale's: A very savory root beer, and spicy. It has an unusual heat for a root beer, but in a good way.
  • Waialua: Excellent understated sweet flavor. A good sipping rootie.
  • Gray's: The best tasting traditional root beer. Nothing fancy added, just a good old fashioned root beer experience.
  • Sioux City: Very good traditional root beer flavor, would equal Gray's except for being a tad too acidic.
  • Thomas Kemper: The worst of the best, it's still better than average. It has a strong carbonation, and it works better in a float than for straight up drinking.

The Average:
  • Fitz's: I almost feel bad for calling it an average root beer, because it's an alright drink. It's downfall is a weird fruity note that keeps it from being a truly good root beer.
  • Virgil's: Their regular breed of root beer is drinkable. It's not bad, but it doesn't stand out from the crowd.
  • Dr Brown: Not very sweet, sort of bitter. Anemic carbonation. Not terrible, but not great.

The Bad:
  • Bulldog: Weaksauce flavor. Has nothing going for it.
  • Frostie: It tastes like cough medicine.
  • Virgil's Bavarian Nutmeg: The worst. The absolute worst. It tastes like I imagine the contents of a chemistry set would.

Unclassifiable: Jack Black's Dead Red. It's supposed to be a root beer, but it sure doesn't taste or drink like one. It has caffeine (a heresy for root beer) and the formulation tastes far more like a cola than anything. It's a decent drink, I'm just not convinced it's root beer.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:36 AM   #124
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

I picked up a Gale's and Fitz's, riding the bike I didn't want to "shake em up" too much, although it's unavoidable when you are on a country road or two.

I'll take your recommendation on the butterscotch, next time I head that way.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #125
Dromond
Old school

I would love to hear your take on how they taste. Happy drinking!