Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #126
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I recently had this one at the George Washington/Mt. Vernon Estate... it was quite good! (Sorry! Pic is huge)

Last edited by fat9276; 01-27-2014 at 01:08 PM.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 PM   #127
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ooooo. What were your impressions? Flavor? Carbonation? Spicy, sweet, creamy, smooth, etc?
Old 10-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #128
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
ooooo. What were your impressions? Flavor? Carbonation? Spicy, sweet, creamy, smooth, etc?

It was very flavorful and I looked at the ingredients and it had honey (which I love in rootbeer... I find it gives it more depth of flavor). I would say sweet and slightly creamy with just a hint of spice.

My favorite is still Henry Weinhard's but this one I really like and has less of a "bite"/smoother than Weinhard's
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #129
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It sounds delicious.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #130
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love this thread.. although I've never tried any of the drafts mentioned. I think I can get Boylan's. I'm going to look for it, or the others this week.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #131
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I had the best root beer today at a restaurant in Eden Prairie, MN. I wish I knew what kind they used.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #132
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I love this thread.. although I've never tried any of the drafts mentioned. I think I can get Boylan's. I'm going to look for it, or the others this week.
Boylan's is really good. You'll enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
I had the best root beer today at a restaurant in Eden Prairie, MN. I wish I knew what kind they used.
If you recall the name of the restaurant, you might be able to find out with an Internet search.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #133
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Best rootbeer I ever had came from Fitz's in Saint Louis, MO:

You can order online.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #134
Dromond
Old school

Fitz's tasted alright to me, but I wouldn't call it among the best. Maybe straight from the brewery it's better.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #135
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Fitz's tasted alright to me, but I wouldn't call it among the best. Maybe straight from the brewery it's better.
I was eating a burger with it, in their restaurant, so probably.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #136
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deven View Post
I was eating a burger with it, in their restaurant, so probably.
Now I'm envious.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:53 PM   #137
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I saw this in the store.. saw that it was sweetened with Stevia, and wondered if I'd found a really great tasting diet root beer.

I didn't.

Has a good beginning, but a horrible aftertaste. I didn't even finish the four pack.

Bad Rootbeer 1, Fuzzy 0
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #138
Dromond
Old school

Ouch. Thanks for the warning, Fuzzy.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:04 PM   #139
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Ouch. Thanks for the warning, Fuzzy.
Now I just re-read your post about the Virgil's Bavarian.. and I'd say the Zero wasn't that far off.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:08 PM   #140
Dromond
Old school

That's... bad. Very very bad. You deserve rep for throwing yourself on that particular grenade.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #141
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

If you recall the name of the restaurant, you might be able to find out with an Internet search.
Apparently they use 1919 Root Beer. It is some good stuff.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 PM   #142
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post

I saw this in the store.. saw that it was sweetened with Stevia, and wondered if I'd found a really great tasting diet root beer.

I didn't.

Has a good beginning, but a horrible aftertaste. I didn't even finish the four pack.

Bad Rootbeer 1, Fuzzy 0
Hey Fuzzy,

Are you looking for a good diet root beer? I can't drink stuff with Aspartame in it as it gives me raging headaches. Most diet sodas are made with that evil chemical.

I have found that Hansen's Diet Creamy Root Beer is made with Splenda and is actually quite tasty. I don't get the after taste with it at all. I truly would love to drink a real root beer every night, but that just isn't happening for me. So I have a Diet Hansen's Creamy Root Beer EVERY night with dinner! I'm a happy girl.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #143
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
Apparently they use 1919 Root Beer. It is some good stuff.
I've never heard of it. Now I have to find a way to get some!

Edit: I can't get some. It's only offered in the Midwest, and they don't bottle it for individual sale. Grrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyeB View Post
Hey Fuzzy,

Are you looking for a good diet root beer? I can't drink stuff with Aspartame in it as it gives me raging headaches. Most diet sodas are made with that evil chemical.

I have found that Hansen's Diet Creamy Root Beer is made with Splenda and is actually quite tasty. I don't get the after taste with it at all. I truly would love to drink a real root beer every night, but that just isn't happening for me. So I have a Diet Hansen's Creamy Root Beer EVERY night with dinner! I'm a happy girl.
Diet Stewarts is my recommendation. I've never tried diet Hansen's. Another project!

Last edited by Dromond; 11-01-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #144
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Diet Stewarts. Thanks, Dro. I'll look into it!

Edit: Argh. I just looked up the ingredients to Stewart's diet root beer on www.labelwatch.com

It has Aspartame. It's a no go for me.

Last edited by BullseyeB; 11-01-2012 at 09:20 PM.
BullseyeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #145
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dro - they sell Sprecher's in the cafe in the building where I work. I have it for lunch allll the time. It makes me happy!

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #146
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullseyeB View Post
Diet Stewarts. Thanks, Dro. I'll look into it!

Edit: Argh. I just looked up the ingredients to Stewart's diet root beer on www.labelwatch.com

It has Aspartame. It's a no go for me.
Awww.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
Dro - they sell Sprecher's in the cafe in the building where I work. I have it for lunch allll the time. It makes me happy!
A good root beer is happy making.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #147
EMH1701

Quote:
I've never heard of it. Now I have to find a way to get some!

Edit: I can't get some. It's only offered in the Midwest, and they don't bottle it for individual sale. Grrr!
There has got to be some on eBay somewhere. Everything is on eBay.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #148
Dromond
Old school

They do not offer it in retail packaging. The smallest size they offer is a keg, which is way too much product for one person. Their real market is restaurants, bars and soda fountains located in the Midwest. They are currently logistically unable to expand further.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #149
EMH1701

Quote:
They do not offer it in retail packaging. The smallest size they offer is a keg, which is way too much product for one person. Their real market is restaurants, bars and soda fountains located in the Midwest. They are currently logistically unable to expand further.
Let's hope they change their mind at some point.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #150
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Speaking of retail online, I googled Sprecher's and found this:

Sprecher's Brewery Online

They sell in singles, 12, 24, or 36 packs. About $12 for a 12 pack, and $16 to ship to Utah.

Tempting..