Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #151
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Popsoda.com has been my standby for exotic sodas from around the US. Their supply of Sprecher's was out of stock. I once ordered a six pack of Moxie from them, in glass bottles. Arrived without a problem.

Moxie, however, is nasty. Its kind of a cross between clove and burnt vacuum cleaner belt.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #152
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can get Moxie off the store shelf here, and was curious about it. I think I will pass now.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:57 AM   #153
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I would love to hear your take on how they taste. Happy drinking!
I can happily say your assessment of both Root Beer's were spot on. The spiciness of the Gale's was interesting, not what I would expect from Root Beer, but a very pleasant experience. Most surely worth a repeat purchase.

The Fitz's reminded me of a local Root Beer we used to get in Pittsburgh when we went to visit relatives. . It's what I expect Root Beer to taste like, however there is that bit of "fruitiness" you mentioned, over all it was very pleasing to my taste buds. .

I'll be trying the "butterscotch" this weekend. . I might wait a few days though, my taste buds have been affected by a slight cold. . I don't want to miss anything. .
Old 11-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #154
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh, absolutely. The butterscotch root beer is quite sweet, but the flavor will make you forgive the sweetness of the brew.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #155
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Finally found Sprecher's, bought a 4 pack and stuck them in the fridge. Today, after stuffing some walls with insulation and hanging a couple half-sheets of sheetrock I treated myself to a bottle... and another. Wow. I had no idea.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #156
Dromond
Old school

Sprecher's is the best. I know my root beer.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #157
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

I finally remembered Sprecher's existed and looked on their website and apparently Menard's (apparently the inbred cousin of Lowe's and Home Depot) carries it about 5 miles from my home.

Got there and the four-packs were on sale for $2.57 so I got two Root Beers, and one each of ALL the other sodas they make, minus the low-cal Root Beer of course.

Gonna have it with dinner tonight.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #158
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
I finally remembered Sprecher's existed and looked on their website and apparently Menard's (apparently the inbred cousin of Lowe's and Home Depot) carries it about 5 miles from my home.

Got there and the four-packs were on sale for $2.57 so I got two Root Beers, and one each of ALL the other sodas they make, minus the low-cal Root Beer of course.

Gonna have it with dinner tonight.
I'll have to check the Menard's here. .If they carry it, I'll be saved the additional mileage to Lehmans. . . In fact I'll check it out today while I'm in the area...

And on a side note to Dromond. . The butterscotch, was indeed everything you said!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #159
~KawaiiFFA~
World Wide Web Warrior

~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics

I drink this stuff like water. It's actually not bad in a float either.

I personally love sarsaparilla as well.

And of course, pretty much all Stewart's beverages are delicious.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #160
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KawaiiFFA~ View Post
I drink this stuff like water. It's actually not bad in a float either.

I personally love sarsaparilla as well.

And of course, pretty much all Stewart's beverages are delicious.
I've had Pennsylvania Dutch root beer, and it's not bad for a mess of chemicals and high fructose corn syrup. (translation: I wouldn't drink it voluntarily, but if necessary I could drink it without pulling a face).

On the other hand, your love of Stewart's and sarsaparilla proves you do have a taste for good beverage after all.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #161
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveller View Post
And on a side note to Dromond. . The butterscotch, was indeed everything you said!!!
I knew you'd love it.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #162
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We bought a Sodastream as an early family xmas present. Their root beer isn't bad at all. The diet tastes as sweet as non-diet stuff. Plus basically we have root beer on demand I had a sample of the root beer and it sold me to not question hubs desire for the thing.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #163
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
We bought a Sodastream as an early family xmas present. Their root beer isn't bad at all. The diet tastes as sweet as non-diet stuff. Plus basically we have root beer on demand I had a sample of the root beer and it sold me to not question hubs desire for the thing.
I want one.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #164
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's a lot of fun But the side effect is I drink like 3x the soda i used to.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #165
Dromond
Old school

If I had one, I'd pretty much use it exclusively to make my own root beer. I'd learn how to brew up my own syrup.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #166
CaAggieGirl
If you only knew

CaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going onCaAggieGirl knows EXACTLY what's going on

I like the root beer at BJ's Brewhouse.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #167
Dromond
Old school

There is one near me!

I must try it!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #168
Dromond
Old school

I attempted to make root beer from extract.

The result was... not good.

I'm going to try again, but I don't know. I should probably leave it to the professionals.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #169
BullseyeB

BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BullseyeB has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I attempted to make root beer from extract.

The result was... not good.

I'm going to try again, but I don't know. I should probably leave it to the professionals.
Uh oh. That's disappointing.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #170
I'm Not Zoidberg

I'm Not Zoidberg can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Moxie, however, is nasty. Its kind of a cross between clove and burnt vacuum cleaner belt.
Quote:
I can get Moxie off the store shelf here, and was curious about it. I think I will pass now.
Moxie is great stuff! I always used to stock up on it when I visited relatives in New England. I can't tell you how happy I was when I found a place here in Los Angeles that carries it.
I'm Not Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #171
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fitz's is a good root beer
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #172
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ellis Island Casino & Brewery in Las Vegas make their own root beer. It is really good.

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #173
Dromond
Old school

I just finished thoroughly enjoying a root beer float. Ahhhhhh, bliss.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #174
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Zoidberg View Post
Moxie is great stuff! I always used to stock up on it when I visited relatives in New England. I can't tell you how happy I was when I found a place here in Los Angeles that carries it.
Good source for obscure and boutique sodas: Galco's Old World Grocery in Highland Park, CA.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #175
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Default A&W Ten

Apparently its not for girls..