Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 10-12-2010, 06:49 AM   #1
Fierce Fatties

Fierce Fatties has said some nice things
Lightbulb "Huge" Rallies -- CALLING ALL FATTIES

We recently heard that ABC Family will not be renewing "Huge" for a second season. They have cited low ratings as the cause for cancellation. Yet "Melissa & Joey," one of a thousand formulaic sitcoms, is being renewed with even lower ratings than "Huge"!

Whatever the true reason (and I have my suspicions), the cost of "Huge" is small in comparrison to the widespread positive impact it has had on fat people, especially fat teens.

Therefore, we are organizing a nationwide celebration of the life of "Huge" and calling on ABC Family to renew it for another season, or else replace it with another fat positive show.

Our rallying cry? No cancellation without representation.

We are developing a website to coordinate our efforts, which should be up and running in the next week or two. Until that time, we are spreading the word and asking for volunteers to act as team leaders for your city.

Team leaders will act as the contact person for those interested in attending in your city, that way everyone "knows" someone st the rally and is more likely to attend. The time involvement required is minimal, apart from the Saturday afternoon of the rally. I may request city-specific information, but nothing too daunting.

We already have team leaders in the following areas: Chicago, St. Louis, NYC, San Fran/Oakland, Hollywood/LA, Minneapolis/St. Paul and -- get this -- New Zealand!

If you`re interested in being a team leader, please contact me at FierceFatties@hotmail.com. We anticipate a significant and energized turnout, but we need your help!

I can only access Dimensions from my phone, so I`m uinablee to prove the links, bit if you copi the following search terms and paste into Google, you`ll find more info: "Fatty Rally site:FierceFatties.com" I apologize for the inconvenience.

Peace,
Shannon
Old 10-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Shannon--when your website is up and running, please consider posting it (with some context) to the Main Board 'Fat Activism' thread (stickied near the top of the page). Thanks!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

If there were a rally for the networks to produce a new show, a different show, a truly positive, and affirmative, and celebratory show involving full-figured girls -- one which, for a start, did not take place in a for-god's-sake concentratio...I mean, weight-loss camp -- then I might well attend.

Not for this show, though. Good riddance.
kioewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Fierce Fatties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes View Post
Shannon--when your website is up and running, please consider posting it (with some context) to the Main Board 'Fat Activism' thread (stickied near the top of the page). Thanks!
Thanks, will do!

Peace,
Shannon
Old 10-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
Fierce Fatties

I understand your concern, but this rally is for Huge and greater representation. It is a moment to take to the streets and demonstrate our common cause. I hope you`ll join us.

Peace,
Shannon
Old 10-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
If there were a rally for the networks to produce a new show, a different show, a truly positive, and affirmative, and celebratory show involving full-figured girls -- one which, for a start, did not take place in a for-god's-sake concentratio...I mean, weight-loss camp -- then I might well attend.

Not for this show, though. Good riddance.
Read this. And then read this, which I posted in another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
It's not just about girls. It's about boys, too. And it's reality. Not all fat people like being fat (horrors!). I know that doesn't toe the SA party line, but it's the truth. The show is about fat kids dealing with all the stereotypes they're fed by popular media and the weight loss industry about 'socially acceptable' (i.e., thin) body types, and just dealing with being a fat 16 year old. Teens have enough going on in their lives anyway, what with growing and changing, building self-confidence, losing it, trying to figure out this love stuff and the fact that, at age 16, your emotions are SO MUCH BIGGER than anything else in the world. Add fat into the mix, and learning to live with your fat body in a world that largely despises what you look like and, to a certain extent, who you are (working under the beleaguered stereotype that fat "defines" who a person is), and you get Winnie Holzman's show Huge. It's about fat kids learning to deal with the reality that, even in a world that despises their adipose tissue and uses it as an excuse to define who they are, they may not be able to get rid of that adipose tissue, much as they might want to, and have to learn to accept themselves for who they are. At age 16, that's a damn tough lesson to learn.
I'm curious to know why you only want to see a show about fat women. Fat guys deal with plenty of issues, too, and they need to be acknowledged. Huge was a big step in the right direction in accomplishing that goal.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Shannon, consider me there. My job keeps me very busy, so I'm unable to be a team leader, but if you have a rally in LA, I'll be there and do whatever else I can to support the show.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:31 AM   #8
Fierce Fatties

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
Shannon, consider me there. My job keeps me very busy, so I'm unable to be a team leader, but if you have a rally in LA, I'll be there and do whatever else I can to support the show.
Awesome, thanks thirtiesgirl! (You`re not a super-heroine by chance, are you?).

We have a team leader for the Hollywood/LA team, so we`re in good shape there. Thanks for participating!

Peace,
Shannon
Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 AM   #9
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce Fatties View Post
Awesome, thanks thirtiesgirl! (You`re not a super-heroine by chance, are you?).
You're welcome, and no. My username refers to my favorite era. ...Although I have been known to hang around the house in my superhero cape with a big '30G emblazoned on it.