Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-16-2010, 01:28 AM   #1
Bearsy
Genuinely Disingenuous

Bearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging inBearsy makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Jung and Myers-Briggs Personality Test

Personality test based on Jung - Myers-Briggs typology

This isn't an end all or anything, just a way to understand how others tick. Answer honestly, no type is better than another. I've taken the test a few times over the years, with similar results.

I scored ENTP.

Extroverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
. . . .22 . . . . . 50 . . . . 25 . . . . .44

Quote:
"The Inventor"
Inventors begin building gadgets and mechanisms as young children, and never really stop, though as adults they will turn their inventiveness to many kinds of organizations, social as well as mechanical. There aren't many Inventors, say about two percent of the population, but they have great impact on our everyday lives. With their innovative, entrepreneurial spirit, Inventors are always on the lookout for a better way, always eyeing new projects, new enterprises, new processes. Always aiming to "build a better mousetrap."Inventors are keenly pragmatic, and often become expert at devising the most effective means to accomplish their ends. They are the most reluctant of all the types to do things in a particular manner just because that's the way they have been done. As a result, they often bring fresh, new approaches to their work and play. They are intensely curious and continuously probe for possibilities, especially when trying to solve complex problems. Inventors are filled with ideas, but value ideas only when they make possible actions and objects. Thus they see product design not as an end in itself, but as a means to an end, as a way of devising the prototype that works and that can be brought to market. Inventors are confident in their pragmatism, counting on their ability to find effective ways and means when they need them, rather than making a detailed blueprint in advance. A rough idea is all they need to feel ready to proceed into action.

Inventors often have a lively circle of friends and are interested in their ideas and activities. They are usually easy-going, seldom critical or carping. Inventors can be engaging conversationalists, able to express their own complicated ideas and to follow the ideas of others. When arguing issues, however, they may deliberately employ debate skills to the serious disadvantage of their opponents.

Inventors are usually non-conformists in the workplace, and can succeed in many areas as long as the job does not involve too much humdrum routine. They make good leaders on pilot projects that test their ingenuity. And they are skilled at engineering human relationships and human systems, quickly grasping the politics of institutions and always wanting to understand the people within the system rather than tell them what to do. No matter what their occupation, however, Inventors display an extraordinary talent for rising to the demands of even the most impossible situations. "It can't be done" is a challenge to an Inventor and elicits a reaction of "I can do it."

Walt Disney, Benjamin Franklin, Ray Kurtzweil, Buckminster Fuller, Richard Feynman, Thomas Edison, Camille Paglia, and Nicola Tesla are examples of an Inventor Rationals.
Quote:
"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.
Pretty much got the nail on the head, with this one.

I'd include a poll, but there's 16 types and only 10 poll options.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
Joe944
Aspiring Slacker

Joe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJoe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJoe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

INTJ

I've done this several times in the past and that's what I always end up as.

I'm actually surprised at the correlations between the descriptions and my own personality. Oddly enough even predicts my career path down to a tee.

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...5&c=mastermind

Last edited by Joe944; 10-16-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:34 AM   #3
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
ENFP--Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
Quote:
Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizibeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions
I do this every so often too, I always end up as an ENF something.
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:06 AM   #4
theronin23

theronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I get ENFJ every time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENFJ

They say writer is good for that, and since I work well with people, director must be ever better. I feel validated.
theronin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #5
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin23 View Post
I get ENFJ every time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENFJ

They say writer is good for that, and since I work well with people, director must be ever better. I feel validated.
same. it's been a while though.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:54 AM   #6
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm an INTP. Also known as The Engineer/Architect. Do I agree with it? Not fully. Lol. But I get that answer every time.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #7
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Heh, personality tests always came across to me as some sort of ego stroking.

That being said, I'm ENTJ.
Extravert - 11
Intuituive - 62
Thinking - 50
Judging - 22

Quote:
ENTJs focus on the most efficient and organized means of performing a task. This quality, along with their goal orientation, often makes ENTJs superior leaders, both realistic and visionary in implementing a long-term plan. [...] They are dynamic and pragmatic problem solvers. They tend to have a high degree of confidence in their own abilities, making them assertive and outspoken. [...] appear arrogant, insensitive, and confrontational. [...] ENTJs tend to cultivate their personal power. They often end up taking charge of a situation that seems (to their mind, at least) to be out of control,[...]ENTJs are well served to seek the advice of a trusted Feeling type.
Not at ALL how I think of myself. Except for problem solving, it seems to be the direct opposite.

Quote from wikipedia.

Last edited by Zowie; 10-16-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Zowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

INTJ - Mastermind (hopefully evil!)

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...5&c=mastermind

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ESTJ
http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=ke...2&c=supervisor

Qualitative analysis of your type formula
You are:
slightly expressed extravert
moderately expressed sensing personality
distinctively expressed thinking personality
very expressed judging personality
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #10
ManBeef

ManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions community

ESFP
Extraverted: 67
Sensing: 25
Feeling: 12
perceiving: 44
Old 10-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #11
theronin23

theronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytheronin23 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Well...this test fails.
theronin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:11 AM   #12
nic_nic07
Resident Gentern

nic_nic07 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesnic_nic07 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I flip flop between ENFP and ENFJ. Today, I am an ENFJ: Extraverted 67% Intuitive 38% Feeling 38% Judging 11%

Thankfully, every single job that my "type" says I would be good with (especially a physician) actually really appeals to me (save for a teacher). Go me!
Do you like what I'm tweetin'?
twitter.com/neurogirl07
nic_nic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #13
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

ENFJ:

Extroverted - 22
Intuitive - 62
Feeling - 12
Judging - 1
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #14
topher38
Old Warhorse

topher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this boardtopher38 carries a lot of weight on this board

Hmmm today it's ESFP...... that feels right
topher38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #15
Amandy
Snarktacular

Amandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAmandy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

ENFJ... Idealist/teacher? Oh hell to the no. Rational/architect all the way. That test is flawed.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #16
MaryElizabethAntoinette
Beauty is Relative

MaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I've taken this before... but totally forget what I got, since I took it over 5 years ago for a school assignment.

But yeah, this time I've gotten: INTJ.

Introverted - %11
Intuitive - %38
Thinking - %12
Judging - %33

Although, I've read at least two separate articles about how this particular test is bullshit... so I'm not putting much stock in it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MaryElizabethAntoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #17
Joe944
Aspiring Slacker

Joe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJoe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJoe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

How can a test that takes a couple minutes going to work for everyone? Definitely take these with a grain of salt, but they are amusing.
Joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #18
ChrisVersion2

ChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm an ENFP... sounds funny when you say it lol

Extraverted 44
Intuitive 38
Feeling 50
Perceiving 11
Old 10-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
MaryElizabethAntoinette
Beauty is Relative

MaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMaryElizabethAntoinette is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisVersion2 View Post

Extraverted 44
Intuitive 38
Feeling 50
Perceiving 11
Wait... so are you ENFP or EIFP?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #20
ChrisVersion2

ChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging in

the test letters at the top of the next page said enfp, yours should have been IITJ based of your logic. I also find no entry of EIFP or IITJ

Last edited by ChrisVersion2; 10-16-2010 at 01:57 PM.
ChrisVersion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #21
MaryElizabethAntoinette
Beauty is Relative

Quote:
the test letters at the top of the next page said enfp
I'm just ridiculous and the fact that the site uses the word "N" to designate intuitive, which obviously starts with an I, just blows my mind.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #22
MaryElizabethAntoinette
Beauty is Relative

Quote:
the test letters at the top of the next page said enfp

yours should have been IITJ based of your logic
You know how stupidly literal my logic is... xP

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #23
ChrisVersion2

INTJ tend to rely on their logic than common sense
Old 10-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #24
MaryElizabethAntoinette
Beauty is Relative

Quote:

Extraverted 44
Intuitive 38
Feeling 50
Perceiving 11
But hey! We're both 38% Intuitive, despite the fact that the other ones are opposites.

I'm totally tempted to type both of our results into that marriage test... but no way in hell am I going to pay $6 to get a silly result that is pointless since the test itself isn't completely accurate.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 10-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #25
ChrisVersion2

aye I agree... plus reality is just better