Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 10-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
Szombathy

Szombathy has super-sized repSzombathy has super-sized repSzombathy has super-sized repSzombathy has super-sized rep
Default What's the difference?

This may be related to the objectification threads, but I want to frame the question a little differently.

It seems to me that if a man who was dating a woman suddenly "came to terms" with the fact that he had a strong preference for women with big boobs, and left his girlfriend to seek out big-boobed women, he would be rightly condemned for being a shallow, narrow minded jerk who was thinking with an implement below the waist rather than with his head.

Why should coming to terms with a preference for BBW, and/or leaving a thinner women to seek out a fatter woman more to one's preference, be treated any differently?
Szombathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
blubberismanly

blubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubberismanly can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think it's because thin, big breasted women are generally seen as more beautiful than "fat chicks." Also, there isn't much audience for breast size acceptance as the bigger they are the more market able they become within the dating pool. I think the size acceptance community was intended to combat that exact mentality (that skinny with huge, likely implanted, boobs are the most attractive).

As far as it being treated differently, yes. I think it should. Fat people are refused jobs and medical care because of their weight. Big breasted women get jobs, preferential treatment and a host of social perks simply because they have big breasts. Of coarse, said women would have to show them off in some way, with revealing clothing or form fitting stuff. But the bottom line is the same. Society sees skinny with big jugs as the perfect physique, and being fat, round and not having protruding ribs under massive implants as ugly and obscene.

Okay, that last part was a bit extreme, but it's more of an attitude than a practiced thing. You get the idea.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szombathy View Post
This may be related to the objectification threads, but I want to frame the question a little differently.

It seems to me that if a man who was dating a woman suddenly "came to terms" with the fact that he had a strong preference for women with big boobs, and left his girlfriend to seek out big-boobed women, he would be rightly condemned for being a shallow, narrow minded jerk who was thinking with an implement below the waist rather than with his head.

Why should coming to terms with a preference for BBW, and/or leaving a thinner women to seek out a fatter woman more to one's preference, be treated any differently?

Because in the long run faking intimacy with someone you're not physically attracted to doesn't work, ever. Life is too short to cater to such silly fabrications as 'objectification'... be honest with who you are and what you desire and go find someone with whom you are truly compatible, mentally and physically. It's really that simple.
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2d View Post
Because in the long run faking intimacy with someone you're not physically attracted to doesn't work, ever. Life is too short to cater to such silly fabrications as 'objectification'... be honest with who you are and what you desire and go find someone with whom you are truly compatible, mentally and physically. It's really that simple.
I think though that this can only work if people who leave their partners because they gain weight aren't treated like shallow fucks cos then we're being hypocritical.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Dmitra
Drawing down the moonpie

Dmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

For me, at least, in each case it'd seem like there wasn't a whole lot of genuine love involved if a simple preference could derail an entire relationship. I mean, I know the usual blah blah blah <insert sex> are more visual, more looks dependent, and I am just not buying it. If you can't like/love someone you're already involved with who doesn't meet your "preference" then that's when it begins to cross the line over into "fetish" in my opinion, just the same as if it was only carnal interest being thwarted by non-big-boobiness or non-fattiness.

I'd be extremely uncomfortable, not turned on or grateful, for instance, if say, fatty-loving Ferdinand informed me that he'd left his skinny girlfriend just to pursue BBWs. If the relationship being dropped was still in the formative dating stages it wouldn't be as bad but it'd still be harsh. In the general view, I think both of these examples from Szombathy represent shallow, generative organ brained jerks. In the more specific view? It depends.
Dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
littlefairywren
Chi Chi

littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!littlefairywren keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitra View Post
For me, at least, in each case it'd seem like there wasn't a whole lot of genuine love involved if a simple preference could derail an entire relationship. I mean, I know the usual blah blah blah <insert sex> are more visual, more looks dependent, and I am just not buying it. If you can't like/love someone you're already involved with who doesn't meet your "preference" then that's when it begins to cross the line over into "fetish" in my opinion, just the same as if it was only carnal interest being thwarted by non-big-boobiness or non-fattiness.

I'd be extremely uncomfortable, not turned on or grateful, for instance, if say, fatty-loving Ferdinand informed me that he'd left his skinny girlfriend just to pursue BBWs. If the relationship being dropped was still in the formative dating stages it wouldn't be as bad but it'd still be harsh. In the general view, I think both of these examples from Szombathy represent shallow, generative organ brained jerks. In the more specific view? It depends.
I can't rep you, because I have been overexcited in my repping in the last 24 hrs.....whatever! Would someone please rep this wonderful woman for me.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #7
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

My thinking is, if a guy is with a woman that he's really in love with he won't just leave her at the drop of a hat because he recognizes that his physical preference has changed. That's what I find shallow and narrow minded, not that his preference has changed.

Physical preference is part of attraction, but only part. Emotional and mental connections are important, too, and if a guy is willing to forsake those to chase after a simple physical preference, whether it's for fat women or women with a more 'socially acceptable' body shape, that shows a lack of depth that I'd prefer to avoid.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

People leave partners for all sorts of reasons. A relationship was never meant to be. A relationship has run its course. People have changed. Someone did something stupid. There are unforeseen circumstances. It happens. All the time, every day, to everyone and anyone. Pontificating that it shouldn't be that way and that everyone should neatly live a perfect life is really pointless. Things change, and if a person comes to the conclusion that spending the rest of his/her life in a relationship that is unfulfilling and not right just to please friends, family and societal ideals makes no sense, then I'd say that is perfectly understandable.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #9
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberismanly View Post
I think it's because thin, big breasted women are generally seen as more beautiful than "fat chicks." Also, there isn't much audience for breast size acceptance as the bigger they are the more market able they become within the dating pool. I think the size acceptance community was intended to combat that exact mentality (that skinny with huge, likely implanted, boobs are the most attractive).

As far as it being treated differently, yes. I think it should. Fat people are refused jobs and medical care because of their weight. Big breasted women get jobs, preferential treatment and a host of social perks simply because they have big breasts. Of coarse, said women would have to show them off in some way, with revealing clothing or form fitting stuff. But the bottom line is the same. Society sees skinny with big jugs as the perfect physique, and being fat, round and not having protruding ribs under massive implants as ugly and obscene.

Okay, that last part was a bit extreme, but it's more of an attitude than a practiced thing. You get the idea.
42D here, and I've yet to have any of the things you write here be true for me. I think you're generalizing and using stereotypes to inform your opinion.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
natepogue
King of FAs

natepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized rep

I get erectile dysfunction if the girl is thin. It's happened more than once and I dont care to do it again when I know a BBW or at least chubby girl will solve this problem and more than likely have a personality I enjoy as well.

So basically, if I'm shallow for not wanting to shoot pool with a rope, then I'm shallow!

Last edited by natepogue; 10-22-2010 at 10:56 AM.
natepogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natepogue View Post
I get erectile dysfunction if the girl is thin. ........
And then the skinny girl will leave you, soon or later. Poor boy
Old 10-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #12
natepogue
King of FAs

natepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockierer View Post
And then the skinny girl will leave you, soon or later. Poor boy
The funny part is, I'm good friends with two of the small girls I've had sexual experiences with and both of them know why and one of them always updates me on what she's eating and how she wants to be a BBW. She sometimes sends me photos and video of random internet women when we chat to get my opinion on them.
natepogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #13
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Like other people have suggested, it partly stems from fat chicks being percieved as less coveted than skinny ones, and to leave a coveted skinny chick for a fatty... well, it looks like the reverse of being shallow because you're essentially giving up the hotter ass for what some people might percieve as a charity case. Like, isn't he such a good guy for wanting that fattie for what's on the inside, because he obviously can't be going with her for her looks, God no. Because fatties aren't physical hot, ya see. We're just nice. But as you've already guessed (and before anyone jumps on my arse), that would be the reasoning of someone who isn't an FA.

I, personally, don't think it's shallow... or, more specifically, I don't think it does any good to call it shallow because at the end of the day people like what they like, and a good percentage of attraction comes down to the physical stuff. Awesome for those of us who are 100% spiritual and don't give a shit about what our partner looks like, but the rest of us are human; if we see someone more physically favourable to us and there aren't enough feelings with the current partner to keep us from wandering, we're going to go. It's not shallow, it's life. We can't instantly fall in unconditional love with whoever we're already with to stop ourselves from leaving. It's not like we fall for others to hurt the one we're already with, so throwing around judgements like 'shallow' really doesn't help.
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
Dr. P Marshall

Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Dr. P Marshall has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

To be blunt, I think if an F/FA was in a relationship with a thin woman/man and coming to terms with being a fat admirer ended the relationship, it wasn't a good relationship to start with. Basically if a fat admirer was already in love with a thin person and the relationship was strong, the F/FA's exploration of being a fat admirer would probably be limited to "oh, other people find fat people attractive too?" They may want to understand that part of themselves better, but really they wouldn't put much thought into it since they would not be looking for a new partner because they're already happy. On the other hand, a fat admirer who is already unhappy with a thin partner should get the hell out of that relationship ASAP. You don't do yourself or your partner any favors by staying with them because you're afraid other people will call you shallow. You're just wasting both of your lives precious and most likely leading your partner down the road to unhappiness and eroding her/his self esteem.(That's the general you by the way, not you the OP ) People know when a relationship isn't right. People know when their partner doesn't find them attractive/doesn't enjoy being with them, no matter how hard a partner tries to hide it. So I don't think this is about shallowness. Some people can be happy with different sizes or even with someone who is not their physical ideal, some can't. But it's really not fair to the partner in question to stay just because you don't want to seem shallow. Who wants to be with someone who's settling for them?
Dr. P Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #15
ManBeef

ManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My OPINION is this. If you leave anyone solely for the purpose of finding someone else that is more attractive... strictly looking for something you find visually appealing not taking the persons personality or anything else into consideration then at that point you are shallow. No matter if they are bigger or smaller. The point is you left because you wanted someone or a feature that you found hotter. This is just my opinion.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:00 PM   #16
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think some guys will leave a partner because they want to be with someone they're more attracted to. That's pretty shitty, in my opinion.
I think some guys will leave a partner because they have changed in some way. Realizing they desire something different for any number of reasons. It sucks, absolutely, but it is what it is and it's a relatively natural part of life (as Webmaster stated).

If you find a girl more attractive because she has bigger boobs than the woman you're with and you leave your partner to be with said bigger boobed woman, then you're shallow.
If you find a girl more attractive because she has bigger boobs than the woman you're with and you stay with your partner because you love her and wouldn't be with anyone other than her, then you're not shallow.
If you find a girl more attractive because she has bigger boobs than the woman you're with and you stay with your partner because you're afraid of being shallow, but do not find fulfillment in your relationship, then you're not being honest with yourself and need to save your partner and yourself from more heartache. Either love her, or follow your 'realization' of what you want (who you want to be) and go with that.

It's natural. It's not always pretty, but it's natural. Progress to better things; progress to bettering yourself.
That's the way I see it anyway.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #17
Venom

Venom does more than just post hot picsVenom does more than just post hot picsVenom does more than just post hot picsVenom does more than just post hot pics

I think that there has to be physical attraction and chemistry in a relationship otherwise you are just better off as friends. I don't find skinny guys attractive, I have tried and it was a disaster and we both realized it. I don't care if it means that I am shallow but I won't be with a person unless I find them physically arousing, but there is also so much more that I look for in a guy than just looks.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote