Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed
Default Foods you miss!

Food comes and goes depending on popularity or demand, Whats some of your favorite foods that disapeared or are extreamly hard to find.

Mine are tomato flavored Top ramon. And Stroganoff potato Hamberger helper.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
calauria
La Negra Hermosa

calauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging incalauria makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by isamarie69 View Post
Food comes and goes depending on popularity or demand, Whats some of your favorite foods that disapeared or are extreamly hard to find.

Mine are tomato flavored Top ramon. And Stroganoff potato Hamberger helper.
I miss the tomato flavored Top ramon, also!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

I ate a lot of tomato flavored top ramen in college. I was a damn poor student, paying my own way through school, so that was my usual dinner with a little ketchup or mustard on it, or sometimes hot sauce. These days, I love the spicy shrimp or kimchee flavored ramen.

Two other things I really miss (not because they've disappeared, but because they're really hard to find) are Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge soda and Chunky bars. Canfield's was never easy to find in California (it's a soda brand from Illinois, not marketed in CA), but for a while, my hometown grocery store liked to pretend it was a gourmet store and stocked brands like Canfield's to hopefully attract more customers willing to pay higher prices. I begged my mom to buy some, so she finally gave in and got a six-pack. I still remember the first time I tasted it. For those who like super sweet soda drinks, or like chocolate syrup in their Coke, Canfield's was a dream come true. The best soda I've ever tasted.

Chunky bars haven't gone off the market, but they were never very popular in comparison to other chocolate bars (at least in SoCal), so they've become harder to find over the years. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate; a small amount at a time is enough for me. And I also like chocolate with things in it, like nuts and raisins. So Chunky is my perfect chocolate snack. Because it's so hard to find these days, I periodically order some from Amazon grocery to tide me over when I'm in the mood for chocolate.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

isamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticedisamarie69 never has a post go unnoticed

For some reason I can not reply in quotes? But I love Chunky bars, I often find them at the 99 cent store.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #5
thirtiesgirl
frumious bandersnatch

thirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging inthirtiesgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
For some reason I can not reply in quotes? But I love Chunky bars, I often find them at the 99 cent store.
I need to shop there more often. The last time I was there, which was over 2 years ago, I was in line behind a woman who had some kind of seizure (I don't think it was epilepsy, but it could have been), and collapsed on the floor in front of me, twitching. Store management called 911 right away and they showed up within minutes to help her out, but the whole thing kind of freaked me out, so I haven't been back to the 99 Cent store since. I need to get over it, obviously.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sonic -- yes, the people who own the drive-ins -- used to market a cherry limeade sherbet in the grocery stores. It was wonderful ... but, alas, it is no more.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirtiesgirl View Post
I need to shop there more often. The last time I was there, which was over 2 years ago, I was in line behind a woman who had some kind of seizure (I don't think it was epilepsy, but it could have been), and collapsed on the floor in front of me, twitching. Store management called 911 right away and they showed up within minutes to help her out, but the whole thing kind of freaked me out, so I haven't been back to the 99 Cent store since. I need to get over it, obviously.
Uh yeah that would freak me out.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:52 PM   #8
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This was my favorite guilty pleasure
Attached Images
File Type: jpg francoamericanspaghetti398ml__68889_zoom.jpg (30.2 KB, 265 views)
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
This was my favorite guilty pleasure
LOL Yum, Do you remember when they used to have spaghetti in a box, I think it was made by craft. It was the same box as mac and cheese, it contained noodles, a can of tomato paste or sauce, and a flavor packet.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #10
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

I miss Park's sausages. They were the tastiest.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:00 PM   #11
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
LOL Yum, Do you remember when they used to have spaghetti in a box, I think it was made by craft. It was the same box as mac and cheese, it contained noodles, a can of tomato paste or sauce, and a flavor packet.
My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. It was a little kit with spaghetti, sauce and "parmesan" "cheese". For a while, you could buy the sauce itself in a larger can and I loved it, even though it was disgusting. Just made me think of being a kid. It's not available now. Neither are my favorite baked goods from childhood Date Bars. They were a kit with a crumbly dry part you mixed with a couple teaspoons of water, and a date part you mixed with hot water. You layered half the crumble in a pan, spread on the date mix, then the rest of the crumble. They smelled amazing while baking and tasted even better, but Betty Crocker doesn't make it anymore.

Last edited by PamelaLois; 10-25-2010 at 09:12 PM.
PamelaLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #12
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bonkers.

When I was a kid Prego had these jars of pasta and red sauce, and my Mama would buy whole flats because for about 6 months it's all I would eat. Cold from the jar. The curly noodles were my faves.

recently:

Skippy snack bars. The peanut butter is whipped and so creamy, and thick like....mmm. I can....ugh...could, eat a whole box in an hour.lol
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #13
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

First off, I love food. Secondly, as a college student, I eat a lot of fast food.

I miss:

McDonald's Super Size

McDonald's McSkillet Burrito

Burger King's Sourdough Melt

Dunkaroos
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #14
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Dunkaroos
DUDE! Those are SO still around!
Wal-Mart here carries them, only the white on white though
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:30 AM   #15
willowmoon
Don't Panic!

willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There was a time back in the late 80's/early 90's when Hostess had Twinkies that were not only creme-filled but strawberry filled as well. There are some "limited edition" strawberry creme filled Twinkies out today, but they're not the same, sadly.

Oh! And Hostess Pudding Pies -- miss those ones too !!!
willowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #16
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
......Two other things I really miss (not because they've disappeared, but because they're really hard to find) are Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge soda ......
OMG. I LOVED this stuff growing up!! I grew up in Chicago, so we had it at our disposal whenever wanted it. Yummy!!

I miss Chocodiles.
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #17
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Authentic German...

Authentic German Spezla (a drop-cooked pasta) and Brochen(creased punch-roll type bread to die for!).

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #18
isamarie69
Live and let die!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowmoon View Post
There was a time back in the late 80's/early 90's when Hostess had Twinkies that were not only creme-filled but strawberry filled as well. There are some "limited edition" strawberry creme filled Twinkies out today, but they're not the same, sadly.

Oh! And Hostess Pudding Pies -- miss those ones too !!!
And Nutty ho hos! (Oh wait theres still a few of those at the night club )
Old 10-29-2010, 02:42 AM   #19
IrishBBWQueen

IrishBBWQueen can now change their title

Lol at this thread, being from Ireland I have never heard of ANYTHING anyone is talking about!!
the thing I miss from when I was a child- fizzlesticks! They were like sticks of fizzy sherbert in all colours, cost 2p each (in old money, pre euro days!!) they were the best!!
IrishBBWQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:44 AM   #20
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Nestle Choclait chips!

Last edited by Cors; 04-15-2011 at 03:48 AM.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 05:18 AM   #21
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBBWQueen View Post
Lol at this thread, being from Ireland I have never heard of ANYTHING anyone is talking about!!
Don't worry I'm in the US and there are a lot I've never heard of either!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #22
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Foods that I liked and that disappeared? For me, it's mostly stuff that I considered a delicacy when I was a kid, but that now I'd go, "Yuck! I'd never eat that!" Normally, as we grow up our tastes and horizons widen, but when it comes to certain animal parts, mine definitely narrowed.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #23
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Someone used to make a brand of perogy that I liked. It had kind of italian flavouring to it...gone.

and missed.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:29 PM   #24
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I used to love Roy Rogers restaurants. Their original recipe cole slaw and biscuits were so good I used to order a sack of each to take home. Their roast beef sandwiches with cheddar were great and best of all were their creamy horseradish sauce and spicy barbeque sauce. To this day, I've been unable to locate a similar bbq sauce.

I know there's a couple of places still open that are independently owned. One is on the NJ Turnpike...Molly Pitcher rest area I think but I feel weird about going there just for sauce and biscuits. LOL

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #25
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I ate a lot of tomato flavored top ramen in college. I was a damn poor student, paying my own way through school, so that was my usual dinner with a little ketchup or mustard on it, or sometimes hot sauce. These days, I love the spicy shrimp or kimchee flavored ramen.

Two other things I really miss (not because they've disappeared, but because they're really hard to find) are Canfield's Diet Chocolate Fudge soda and Chunky bars. Canfield's was never easy to find in California (it's a soda brand from Illinois, not marketed in CA), but for a while, my hometown grocery store liked to pretend it was a gourmet store and stocked brands like Canfield's to hopefully attract more customers willing to pay higher prices. I begged my mom to buy some, so she finally gave in and got a six-pack. I still remember the first time I tasted it. For those who like super sweet soda drinks, or like chocolate syrup in their Coke, Canfield's was a dream come true. The best soda I've ever tasted.

Chunky bars haven't gone off the market, but they were never very popular in comparison to other chocolate bars (at least in SoCal), so they've become harder to find over the years. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate; a small amount at a time is enough for me. And I also like chocolate with things in it, like nuts and raisins. So Chunky is my perfect chocolate snack. Because it's so hard to find these days, I periodically order some from Amazon grocery to tide me over when I'm in the mood for chocolate.
Dedicated to you, 30sGirl