Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Favorite Fall Recipes...

So.... I am looking for some yummy things to bake and just cook in general. Fall is my favorite time of year, because I can turn the oven on and bake all day, and never get hot. I am looking for new recipes, and would love to hear yours!!

My daughter and I love to cook, and would love to start making things.....please help us out!!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default peanut butter & jelly bars

I'm assuming your daughter is a novice, so I'm sending you an easy recipe.

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs, slifhtly beaten
1 cup grape jelly

Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in butter and peanut butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in eggs, mixing well. Press half the mixture into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Spread the grape jelly over the mixture and crumble the remaining mixture over the top. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I'm assuming your daughter is a novice, so I'm sending you an easy recipe.

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs, slifhtly beaten
1 cup grape jelly

Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in butter and peanut butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in eggs, mixing well. Press half the mixture into a greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Spread the grape jelly over the mixture and crumble the remaining mixture over the top. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. Makes 2 dozen.

She's actually ridiculously intelligent for her age lol

but omg these look right up my alley
Old 10-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeze View Post
She's actually ridiculously intelligent for her age lol

but omg these look right up my alley
We <3 you!!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If you like pumpkin..this pie will change your life. I made one for Thanksgiving and I had to make 2 for Christmas! There's always left over batter. I mix it into pancake batter, add some nuts and make pumpkin pancake. so yummy!

I don't normally do the swirly thing. I just mix everything together!

Oh and you have to do the Pecan Shortbread crust. Don't substitute. I also make cinnamon whipped cream to top it off!

Pecan Shortbread Cookie Crust
1 1/2 cups lightly packed crushed shortbread cookies with pecans (16 cookies)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Filling
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (I used a total of 12 oz)
1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
3 eggs
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 tablespoon milk

1. Heat oven to 375F. In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients until crumbly. Press firmly on bottom and side of ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake about 12 minutes or until light golden brown.

2. In large bowl, beat sugar, 3 tablespoons flour and both packages of cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup. Add all remaining filling ingredients except milk to cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth. Pour into crust.

3. In small bowl, mix reserved 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture and the milk. Spoon over pumpkin mixture. Cut through cream cheese and pumpkin mixtures with knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pie plate one-fourth turn and repeat. Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning.

4. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean, removing foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Cool 30 minutes. Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:01 AM   #6
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Turkey Chilli

1 package of Jenny O lean ground turkey
1 can of diced tomatoes with the juice
1 large can of tomato sauce or 2 small ones
1 can of yellow corn drained
1 can of kidney beans drained
1 can of chilli beans in the sauce
1 package of chilli seasoning
1 half of a medium onion chopped in small pieces
A few dashes of tabasco

Cook the ground turkey along with the diced onions and season with garlic salt and pepper. Do not drain the meat. Add all of the beans, corn, tomato, tomato sauce, chilli seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer till thick and yummy. Add more salt and pepper if needed. You can plan ahead and throw everything into a crock pot and let it simmer all day. I like to serve it over a bowl of steamed rice and a sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese on top. When you get bored with it turn it into chilli mac by adding some macaroni noodles to it.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I often make chili just so I can make chili mac the next day. Incidentally, if you saute some chopped onions, jalapenos, and garlic and stir it into your macaroni just before you top it with chili (and cheese, if you want) -- bake about 20 min at 375 -- you'll be amazed how good it is!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:45 AM   #8
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I often make chili just so I can make chili mac the next day. Incidentally, if you saute some chopped onions, jalapenos, and garlic and stir it into your macaroni just before you top it with chili (and cheese, if you want) -- bake about 20 min at 375 -- you'll be amazed how good it is!
I will have to try that next time sounds yummy. Maybe I will top it off with some pepper jack cheese and bake it till it is golden and delish.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:02 AM   #9
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Default Tomato soup cake

I know this may sound strange but my best friends mom gave me the recipe and I made one tonight. It is really good I will make them for the holidays. Do not follow the directions on the cake box for mixing. You can bake the cake at what ever temp the box says but follow the recipe below.

1 box of your fav cake mix. I used a Betty crocker yellow cake mix
1 can of tomato soup 10 & 3/4 ounce can
2 large eggs
1 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
2 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of allspice
1/2 teaspoon of ground clove
1 cup of chopped nuts (optional) of your choice. I used walnuts and put them in my mini chopper for a smaller chop
1 cup of raisins. I like to plump the risen by using hot water and let them soak till plump. You can speed up the process and heat them up in hot water in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes. Cool them off with a bit of cold water and drain well. Mix everything together and bake as directed on the cake mix box. Poke with a tooth pick to make sure it is done. It was really good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cake.jpg (44.7 KB, 58 views)
Old 11-05-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Tomato soup! Now that takes the cake.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

Quote:
Tomato soup! Now that takes the cake.
LOL don't knock it till you try it.