Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #101
missyj1978

missyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging in

another lawn chair! Down to 3 now lol
missyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:11 AM   #102
Warrior

Warrior has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyj1978 View Post
another lawn chair! Down to 3 now lol
How does it break??
Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #103
missyj1978

missyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging in

I sit down and the legs bend and break off
missyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #104
op user

op user can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesop user can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

missyj1978,

I hope you did not get hurt. I am surprised that you broke the chairs despite being on the light side of the curves here.

I wish I had a girlfriend to allow me to factually contribute to the thread.

Op user
op user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM   #105
SprocketRocket

SprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by op user View Post
missyj1978,

I hope you did not get hurt. I am surprised that you broke the chairs despite being on the light side of the curves here.

I wish I had a girlfriend to allow me to factually contribute to the thread.

Op user
I have to agree! They break with such ease that your weight must be concentrated on your lower parts, or so i would think with my imagination.. Stupid weak lawn chairs!
SprocketRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #106
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Honestly, some of them are so poorly engineered and cheaply made that it's a wonder they don't collapse when even skinny people use them!
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #107
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This isn't exactly a break but my partner was apparently sitting on a wooden chair in his house every day for a while and one day a skinny friend of his came round and sat on the same chair and it just cracked and broke! My bf is around 450lbs so I guess taking that weight repeatedly just weakened it! He sticks to to the metal leg chairs now!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #108
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well I just officially broke my first thing! I sort of thudded down on my bed as I usually do and there was a huge cracking sound, loud enough that my family were concerned and asking what that was. I actually checked my bed frame it was so loud! It seems though that I broke something inside of the mattress as the part I flopped down on now has no resistance at all if I lean on it and just squashes down flat. It was an old mattress but I am still in shock!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:11 AM   #109
Blackhawk2293
Still tired of life

Blackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging inBlackhawk2293 makes people happy simply by logging in

My futon is broken. The area where I sit is now sinking. Time to replace it I think.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 PM   #110
Buttonboy

Buttonboy can now change their title

This Xmas I was so embarrassed. Being the holiday I dressed up in a blue buttondown shirt, nice slacks and a belt to hold my big belly in. Well obv I gorge myself during dinner to a point where I overate so much I could barely move. I stood up and stretched out raising my hands to my side. Then with a gunshot pop my belt bursted off of me flying to the floor and revealing a big brown button on my slacks.
Buttonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #111
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sooooo...I was sitting on my son's desk chair, which is like a folding chair, but padded, and supposedly sturdier...and I suddenly felt the chair literally bending beneath my weight. It didn't actually break...but it is definitely not a useable chair anymore.
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #112
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
Sooooo...I was sitting on my son's desk chair, which is like a folding chair, but padded, and supposedly sturdier...and I suddenly felt the chair literally bending beneath my weight. It didn't actually break...but it is definitely not a useable chair anymore.
Well if you have to pay for it, sorry to hear that. Otherwise, nice lol
Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #113
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
Well if you have to pay for it, sorry to hear that. Otherwise, nice lol
Well, my son is only 8...so I think he'll forgive me and not make me pay for it. *Giggles*
Old 01-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #114
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Well, my son is only 8...so I think he'll forgive me and not make me pay for it. *Giggles*
Hahaha that's cute
Old 02-02-2014, 01:52 AM   #115
fatcat00f

fatcat00f has said some nice things

Quote:
How much do you weigh?
fatcat00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #116
Warrior

Quote:
I think a chair of a 8 year old Boy is not made for a big woman! Every time when i am in a furniture store and the the furniture for Kids ore Teens then i think: Will this hold the weight of my girlfriend or will it break immediately?
Old 02-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #117
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
I think a chair of a 8 year old Boy is not made for a big woman! Every time when i am in a furniture store and the the furniture for Kids ore Teens then i think: Will this hold the weight of my girlfriend or will it break immediately?
Well, lol, this was actually a type of "sturdy" folding chair with padding. It's a full size desk with the full size chair...so in essence, I broke an adult chair.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #118
KHayes666
Go away

Quote:
Well, lol, this was actually a type of "sturdy" folding chair with padding. It's a full size desk with the full size chair...so in essence, I broke an adult chair.
How do you feel about that?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:21 PM   #119
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHayes666 View Post
How do you feel about that?
Probably not the word every FA wants to hear...embarrassed. Kind of like "Oh wow"!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #120
Warrior

Quote:
Probably not the word every FA wants to hear...embarrassed. Kind of like "Oh wow"!
Was this your first furniture breaking??
Old 02-04-2014, 10:55 AM   #121
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
Was this your first furniture breaking??
Actually, no I broke a chair in my doctor's office a few years ago.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #122
Warrior

Quote:
Actually, no I broke a chair in my doctor's office a few years ago.
let me guess, it was this kind of metal tube chair and you've got it bent.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:15 PM   #123
tjw1971

tjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Didn't break, but ...

We have a big screen plasma TV that I decided would be nicer to mount on the wall, instead of having it sit on a table.

Unlike the LCD sets, this thing is fairly heavy -- so I bought a large size bracket for it. It's the type where a metal arm pulls out from the wall and lets you angle the set to the left, right, or tilt it up or down a bit.

The bracket had some pretty big bolts to screw into the wood studs behind the drywall, so I was sure it was up to the task of holding the TV, but my g/f looked doubtful.

So before putting the set up, I showed her how sturdy it was by grabbing the arm and hanging from it for a second. She said, "Let me give it a *real* test!" and hung from it herself. (At 185-190lbs. or so, I was well under the 225lb. capacity it claimed on the box. She's a good 100lbs. or so heavier than me, though - so it flexed and the metal groaned when she gave it a try. But it held her!) She said, "Not bad!" and was satisfied.
tjw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:54 AM   #124
GamerGainerGirl
SSBBW in progress

GamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this boardGamerGainerGirl carries a lot of weight on this board

Had my first real "fatty break" last week
I was walking on a wooden pathway/bridge (not over water or anything dangerous) and stepped right through the wood! It was pretty embarrassing since there were people around and we were at an event so when we walked by later they had kind of marked it and covered it haha. But it was also exciting to break my first big thing while gaining! ^.^
Old 03-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #125
Chickidee

Chickidee does more than just post hot picsChickidee does more than just post hot picsChickidee does more than just post hot pics

I've broken house chairs, computer chairs, one of those high school auditorium seats, a recliner, a bed, and a step in my old apartment building. I'm so afraid about the toilet breaking one day while I'm sitting on it, but I think that's just anxiety! I finally am using a metal legged chair that holds upt o 800lbs (which Im nowhere near!) for a computer and dining chair now.
Chickidee is offline   Reply With Quote