Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 10-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #2501
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default This is going to sound unreal, but...

I was held up in my own house at knife point today by two men.

Thankfully, I didn't get hurt, but pretty much everything was stolen and I am a royal mess. There is something terribly, terribly wrong in this country of mine. I hate that I can't feel safe anywhere.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #2502
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post

Thankfully, I didn't get hurt, but pretty much everything was stolen and I am a royal mess. There is something terribly, terribly wrong in this country of mine. I hate that I can't feel safe anywhere.
oh wow, that is horrible!!!!! I'm glad you weren't hurt, but that is horrible in so many, many, ways. My heart goes out to you.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #2503
Oona

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am really glad you are ok physically. And I hope that mentally you will recover quickly.

-big hugs-

If you need anything, do no hesitate to ask. I may not be there, but I will do what I can, even if it's just giving you someone to talk to.
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #2504
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
oh wow, that is horrible!!!!! I'm glad you weren't hurt, but that is horrible in so many, many, ways. My heart goes out to you.
I couldn't have said it better myself. That's utterly terrible. What are the chances of them being caught/you getting your things back?
Old 10-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #2505
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am so sorry you had to go through that ODFFA. At least you are safe now and not injured physically. That must have been terrifying for you though. I wish I could hug you.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #2506
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The important thing is you're safe now. Things can be replaced. You can't.

What are your options to improve your security moving forward? Do you have an alarm system with a remote panic button? Can you get a dog?
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #2507
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Holy shit. I'm so, so sorry that this happened to you.

Lots of hugs and good thoughts your way, O. Very glad you're safe though. Things can be replaced, you can't be.

Quote:

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #2508
Mckee

Mckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized rep

Quote:

OMG...so sorry to hear...big hugs.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #2509
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Sorry to hear this, but glad you were unharmed. If you can, get a big "bitey" dog to take out the bad guys.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #2510
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I thought I was ready for my speech today, I have been practicing for two weeks and I remembered the majority of it, I started it off great and then as I kept going I just ... somehow started crying. I wasn't even nervous, but I couldn't control my emotions - and I HATED it. I need to go see a doctor about it ASAP... I can't have that keep happening. I was so embarrassed and I feel so stupid still...
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #2511
Miskatonic
Advanced Killbot

Miskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging in

After going to my professor and getting some clarification to the service learning we've had assigned to us, which made me feel far better about the project than I have been for a month, I feel unhappy with myself for letting this whip me into a fury, as well as not bothering to explore/exhaust all my options and get more information on the project before becoming angry and depressed about it.
Miskatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #2512
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thank you all so much, you're all amazing.

Right now I could hardly care less about what got stolen myself. Just incredibly grateful they didn't hurt me.

As for the other considerations, even though the police response exceeded all expectations, I'm honestly not holding my breath for an arrest/property recovery.

We have an alarm system that gets set every night, connected to an armed response unit, remote panic buttons, the works. But this is our third robbery in two years, so we're seriously considering some more safety precautions - particularly burglar bars and big dogs.

Anyway, now it's just getting through the first night and trying to feel safe again. Trauma counselling in the morning.

But seriously, I just appreciate your support more than I can say. Your messages have just made me feel so much calmer and truly cared for.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #2513
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post
I thought I was ready for my speech today, I have been practicing for two weeks and I remembered the majority of it, I started it off great and then as I kept going I just ... somehow started crying. I wasn't even nervous, but I couldn't control my emotions - and I HATED it. I need to go see a doctor about it ASAP... I can't have that keep happening. I was so embarrassed and I feel so stupid still...
As someone who has always been uncomfortable with public speaking, I definitely can understand your distress. There is that organization called Toastmasters which is supposed to be really good for helping people with the whole public speaking thing.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #2514
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:

Right now I could hardly care less about what got stolen myself. Just incredibly grateful they didn't hurt me.

As for the other considerations, even though the police response exceeded all expectations, I'm honestly not holding my breath for an arrest/property recovery.

We have an alarm system that gets set every night, connected to an armed response unit, remote panic buttons, the works. But this is our third robbery in two years, so we're seriously considering some more safety precautions - particularly burglar bars and big dogs.

Anyway, now it's just getting through the first night and trying to feel safe again. Trauma counselling in the morning.

But seriously, I just appreciate your support more than I can say. Your messages have just made me feel so much calmer and truly cared for.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience and glad you are OK. I was thinking a Taser type stun gun would be effective defense against a knife wielding assailant. But you really need it available for rapid access. I like the big dog idea. Best Wishes
Old 10-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #2515
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ODFFA, I would turn up at your hand wielding a knife.

..... to cut a particularly tough cheesecake for a movie night.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #2516
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

awww hugs hugs hugs lovely girl! I am so glad you are not hurt!!!!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #2517
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OMG, my poor swan queen! D: I'm very relieved you survived unscathed, but I hope those worthless fuckers get their balls bitten off by wild ostriches. Here's hoping you get your things back.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:11 AM   #2518
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I hope the counseling helps...being violated in that way is horrid, speaking from my own experience....all my mothers JEWELS/JEWELRY was stolen, and never to be seen again...(and uninsured properly)...while my stoopid MacBook was returned almost a full year later ....crazy...(((((ODFFA)))))
Old 10-05-2013, 04:13 AM   #2519
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

on another sour note...My love was ratting, and stuck his little snout into a huge lavender bush several blocks away from my house. LO & BEHOLD, he stirred up a sleeping varmit and Hercules might have won...but the RAT got him good in the process, he had a nasty rip above his eye, requiring stitches (gladly his eye is OKAY)....7 days with the cone of shame and he is miserable....poor little HERCULES
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CONEofShame.jpg (85.3 KB, 157 views)
Old 10-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #2520
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Holy fuck! I'm glad you're not hurt! Take care of yourself.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:37 AM   #2521
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
on another sour note...My love was ratting, and stuck his little snout into a huge lavender bush several blocks away from my house. LO & BEHOLD, he stirred up a sleeping varmit and Hercules might have won...but the RAT got him good in the process, he had a nasty rip above his eye, requiring stitches (gladly his eye is OKAY)....7 days with the cone of shame and he is miserable....poor little HERCULES
Awwwwwwwws!

Listen Herc, take it from someone who has a panic button permanently around her neck now.... You FLAUNT that cone of shame, son. You flaunt that shit!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #2522
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Aw jeez ODFFA, I'm glad you're ok. That sounds horrible.

On the thread topic, I had a vivid nightmare about my dad dying and this is gonna haunt me for the rest of the day ack.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #2523
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

Quote:
Awwwwwwwws!

Listen Herc, take it from someone who has a panic button permanently around her neck now.... You FLAUNT that cone of shame, son. You flaunt that shit!

thats so cute that you called him his name....HERC or HERCS is his sweety name when I walk down the street and talk to him....which I ALWAYS DO..

DEAR GOD...only 5 more days of the torture cone.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #2524
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mentioned to my LDR (long distance relationship) boyfriend that I was thinking about coming down to see him in a few weeks. He said that was stupid because he was coming up here in OVER a month to see me. I always come down there, always have the money, always pay for us to do things because they don't have much money and I don't want them to spend it on me. Though his mom cooks a ton of food and yeah I eat it, and last time I gave them money ($30) and he said that only bought them like one package of meat... OKAY where the hell are you shopping? It just erks me, I want to see him, he is three hours away and yeah LONG distance sucks but I want to come see him when I can and I don't try to spend money, I actually try to help and buy things if asked and I go places in my car but yet I am expensive and now I just feel totally unwelcomed and like shit... I try to be helpful always and it's like it doesn't matter. I just miss him and I want to see him but it's like he doesn't care.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:36 PM   #2525
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

If someone named Bob asked me how things were going I'd have to say

Tags
god hates tags, sad, unhappy