Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #2876
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Odd, because these are all things which make me happy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
"There's nothing like the smell of cheap perfume in my vicinity and it's ability to ruin my morning. Haha."
Should make an audible double-sniff noise and then just wonder-aloud "Is that...Jean Nate?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
"...immediately talking about all the weight he's going to lose...."
Then, I think, it's really on you to at least try to educate him, just as a public service. But more in a Socratic type of way: "So, I'm curious, tell me what goes through your head whenever you hear people -unsolicited - begin to talk about their new diets or exercise regimens? Or, what about listening to someone who's just lost a fairly small amount of weight try to, somehow, relate that to your experience? Again, unsolicited, but-like they're really, sort of uncontained-excited over it? For you, what are the ideas or feelings that evokes?....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goreki View Post
"....Frozen interactive kids zone out the front of the store today. It's been there for the past week. They play the soundtrack on repeat.

I hate that fucking bullshit movie so much.
"
My niece is into that like it's Liam Neesons. So, I'm a bit nonplussed, myself. I mean, get that it's princesses and horses and singing. And choices about tall guys with good hair. But, really, what strikes me hardest is how....it's just not that good. Not quite.

Not even close to some of the other children's movies frachises that I've (more lately) come to respect: Shrek, and the Kung Fu Panda, etc... Might this portend poor-taste even into young adult-hood? These thoughts, I try to shrug it all off casually, as we explore further into the expanded DVD-menu, looking for more yet more additional features:
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #2877
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
They aren't quite as high here in Canada, but getting there. That really sucks that it is putting a pinch on your relationship. I do know how cost can be a factor, when I was dating my now wife we were two years fairly far apart, neither of us with a car, and the train was over $100 round-trip. Even one of seeing the other once a month ran us into debt.

The gas price is actually pushing me to buy a new car. Our current one gets good mileage, but is too old and small (and lacking air conditioning) for us to want to take it on long trips anymore. The plan had been to keep it, and rent cars for our rare longer trip. BUT most rental cars that you get don't really have very good mileage, which is making that more and more expensive. May make the move to a new car a year earlier than planned.
If you're thinking of a larger car with great fuel economy for longer trips, check out a VW Passat diesel - I have a good friend who bought one last year, and on a family trip from Nova Scotia to Washington DC they averaged 4.3L/100 km (63 MPG in Imperial, 52 mpg US). And the new Passat is definitely not a small car!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #2878
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Then, I think, it's really on you to at least try to educate him, just as a public service. But more in a Socratic type of way: "So, I'm curious, tell me what goes through your head whenever you hear people -unsolicited - begin to talk about their new diets or exercise regimens? Or, what about listening to someone who's just lost a fairly small amount of weight try to, somehow, relate that to your experience? Again, unsolicited, but-like they're really, sort of uncontained-excited over it? For you, what are the ideas or feelings that evokes?....
I'm too blunt for that approach. Usually, I just tell them that they look hot the way they are, and then drop the subject. If they can't figure it out from that, then they probably don't want to figure it out.
Old 07-15-2014, 04:27 PM   #2879
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Lousy headache.

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:08 AM   #2880
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
It's one in the morning and I'm coughing, my throat is killing me and I'm so full of goop it's leaking out my eyeballs...it's a fucking charmed life I tells ya.
That sucks. Hope you are feeling better today--have some chicken soup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chicken-Soupsm.jpg (50.8 KB, 200 views)
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #2881
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Gasp--can't breathe!

Quote:
There's nothing like the smell of cheap perfume in my vicinity and it's ability to ruin my morning. Haha.
I hear you. I'm allergic to many perfumes and colognes. I especially hate being in a packed audience for some kind of performance where you're supposed to be quiet and having a sneezing fit due to all the competing fragrances. Some people are too heavy-handed when they apply this stuff.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:29 PM   #2882
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Recent posts haven't been inane enough...

Adult vitamin gummies don't taste nearly as good as the children's ones.

Another dream destroyed.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:23 PM   #2883
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Me: Hmmm, when was the last time I had a nosebleed? When I was a teenager and on those acne tablets, right? That's what, five years ago?

Four hours later: New 50 pillow and myself are covered in blood.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:50 AM   #2884
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh, I love perfume and cologne if it's not used heavy highhandedly and it's not cheap smelling. Haha I seriously can't tolerate low grade smells for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
I hear you. I'm allergic to many perfumes and colognes. I especially hate being in a packed audience for some kind of performance where you're supposed to be quiet and having a sneezing fit due to all the competing fragrances. Some people are too heavy-handed when they apply this stuff.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #2885
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Thumbs down

About two years ago I got bitten by a spider near my unmentionables.

Pretty sure it just happened again, also near my unmentionables.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:47 AM   #2886
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post

To quote Tenacious D "spiderman doesn't look right"

3 times and you get to keep the spider as a souvenir.

please note I'm super scared of spiders, and this made me feel queasy at first.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #2887
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Wear pants! :-P
Old 08-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #2888
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
To quote Tenacious D "spiderman doesn't look right"

3 times and you get to keep the spider as a souvenir.

please note I'm super scared of spiders, and this made me feel queasy at first.
Yeah, it isn't the most pleasant feeling. Hoping it passes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
Wear pants! :-P
Ugh! You're always trying to control my life!!
Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #2889
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

You have some unlucky unmentionables.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #2890
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil BigginZ View Post
You have some unlucky unmentionables.
I like the fact the opposite is lucky mentionables.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #2891
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well, if you didn't keep destroying the webs they were building around there, they wouldn't get so mad

(OK, seriously--does not sound fun, feeling sorry for you, hope it fades quickly!)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #2892
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Landed in Texas at 10 last night, went to the ER at 3 am and have spent most of the day there and will be spending the night in the hospital because my boyfriend has a nasty GI bug.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #2893
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Landed in Texas at 10 last night, went to the ER at 3 am and have spent most of the day there and will be spending the night in the hospital because my boyfriend has a nasty GI bug.
Oh, I'm sorry, lille. I hope your boyfriend recovers in time for the Bat Festival and that you stay healthy--stomach bugs are awful!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:56 AM   #2894
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Oh, I'm sorry, lille. I hope your boyfriend recovers in time for the Bat Festival and that you stay healthy--stomach bugs are awful!
Hopefully he can go home today. They've been pumping him full of fluids and antibiotics. It's something bacterial that we suspect came from food at the wedding because there's at least five other people who were there that got sick yesterday too.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:21 PM   #2895
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Getting mixed signals from my ex/now friend. He broke up with me because he still has feelings for his ex and didn't want to hurt my feelings by not being totally in the relationship which I get. But we hung out today, and not only did he do some of the touchy things he did before (haven't seen him in about a month), but he just got a job and mentioned that when he gets money we'll have to go out and do stuff (movies, etc.)... don't know if he is just being friendly, or if we might be going towards dating but not being bf/gf, or if he is just trying to have a FWB type deal... just confusing. But he is a really great guy with the best of intentions and is very kind. So I am excited to see our friendship blossom some more because I've only known him a few months and in that short time we didn't get to know each other well and rushed into the relationship. I just hope it brings more good than bad.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #2896
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I never thought my distrust of people could get any worse than it already is.

But it can. Oh...it can.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #2897
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
I never thought my distrust of people could get any worse than it already is.

But it can. Oh...it can.
It's just you and I against the world lady. You.And.Me.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #2898
firefly

firefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this boardfirefly carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
It's just you and I against the world lady. You.And.Me.
THIS is making me unhappy...
Old 08-22-2014, 10:22 AM   #2899
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly View Post
THIS is making me unhappy...
Anyone can join really. Please, feel free!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #2900
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sad times again with my sister's dog, Freedom. We left him with my mother with his cone off for an hour and came home and he had ripped all the hair out of his back leg and licked it until he bled. He was finally getting over the places he did this to before and we are doing everything we can to stop him itching... the only other choice is steroids, and as he has heart failure that will make his life even shorter. He has his cone on now, and he attacked my sister earlier, then had a massive fight with my dog, Luna... both dogs have had to be bathed as Luna got a tick from somewhere so we have got them both tick collars as we don't want to upset Free's skin with more drops or tablets...

It is starting to feel like Free's time with us is really limited now. He just can't clear infections and it feels like his skin is just loosing its integrity...
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
god hates tags, sad, unhappy