Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-15-2016, 02:21 AM   #3901
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Son is home studying for exams .... just texted my wife that he saw a mouse run across our kitchen counter and down one of the stove elements. We've had mice get in the basement a couple of times (and trapped one there just recently), and the cat has managed to bring one in a few times, and we've even had mice get into the attic a couple of times ... but to the best of our knowledge we've never had a mouse roaming around the main part of the house before.

Our cat, apparently, was oblivious to all the drama.

My wife, as it happens, has a bit of a horror of rodents of all kinds. Really wish the boy had let me know first, and at the least I could have handled letting her know. She's looking pretty ashen, but unfortunately I'd taken the morning off work to help the boy study and really need to get some things done this afternoon, so can't rush home to deal with the situation immediately.

Ugh, I hate feeling stuck in situations like these, where you feel torn between different pressures / obligations. I really admire the empathy I can sense in your post(s), though. I know it can be hard resisting the temptation to be irritated by the people, instead of the circumstance. But you seem pretty good about that. Hope everything worked out OK and that the culprit was caught. *Shudders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I was offered a really cool opportunity that comes with a schedule change at work today. However it would conflict with my therapy appointments and my therapist doesn't have any other openings. I told them if they could accommodate that I'd take it, but otherwise I'd have to turn it down. I really wanted it but I can't sacrifice my mental health.
I've had to make a decision like this before. I feared that people would automatically think me ambitionless. It sucks, but I think most people will respect you if they know the reasoning behind it. I certainly do. I hope the best case scenario wins out, though, and that they'll accommodate you.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:19 AM   #3902
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Good for you lille- i hope they accept your terms!

Tad my mother was afraid of mice - i never really understood the true terror until the four children, our dad, and our two micer cats stared at her as she shrieked on the chair in the kitchen. Fear is fear! And agree with odffa about your affection and patience, it really shines through!

--/

Hubby woke up sick. We are just coming up to vacation. Ewww..
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 05:48 AM   #3903
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Full admiration for this mouse. He or she mouse's very well.

Got home, got a plastic pot to try to plop over mouse. Lifted stove top. Mouse fled onto the counter, running from cover to cover as we removed items. At one point managed to knock it into the sink, where it hid behind the dishpan. Dumped dish pan thinking I'd get to scoop up a floating mouse, but it ran up the side of the steel sink somehow. Eventually we got it perched on the instructions manual which sits in a plastic sleeve on the back of the stove. Slap the container over it, carefully slide it up to get a lid on it, and .... Nothing. Not sure how the mouse had dodged, but we had no idea where it had gone.

Went out, bought more mousetrap, set them in several likely places. Cat finally realized that there was a mouse around and spent the night in the kitchen.

Wife was first one downstairs this morning, only to see the mouse run across the counter and down an element again.

This time we clear off the counter and pull the stove out first. Open stove top, try to get mouse. It tries to make the leap to the counter, misses, falls to the floor, runs somewhere up the inside of the structure of the stove.

Moved one trap to the counter, and giving up for now. Will see what this afternoon and evening brings...
Old 12-15-2016, 06:29 AM   #3904
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

For months my ridgeback would jump up and down like a fox on the floor and we laughed; silly puppy!

Then one day i was irritated and flicked my comforter over the bed - and a mouse shot up 3 feet in the air.

I don't hate mice but wtf you on my bed mtrfkr!

When we caught it in the trap i was like omg omg omg its still alive (even though it clearly was not) and i was utterly mortified i was going to pick up the trap and it waa going to shriek in agony !!
Old 12-15-2016, 09:02 AM   #3905
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tad, the next time you tackle the mouse situation, please get someone to video it! So far, it sounds like the plot of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:15 AM   #3906
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Tad, the next time you tackle the mouse situation, please get someone to video it! So far, it sounds like the plot of a Tom and Jerry cartoon.
If it wasn't how ashen my wife looks at the thought of a rodent running around her kitchen, I'd be finding it pretty funny. I'm having sympathy stress, however.

But yes, so far it is absolutely Mouse 2, Humans 0, and that score flatters the humans
Old 12-15-2016, 09:40 AM   #3907
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As a person who's favourite animal is mice, I am a little amused/impressed. Mostly just frustrated for your wife as she must be so scared with it running around and not knowing when it is going to pop out next. I bet she feels the same way I do when there is a spider somewhere in my house and I dont know where. *shudders*
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 09:01 AM   #3908
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

A call from the ex ...she wants to fight about our clash of parenting styles and feels it is the reason why our daughter has ten tardies this year. I am not sure how her being unable to get from one class to another in time is somehow my responsibility since she lives with her 85% of the time and I haven't taken my kids to school in over five years but so be it.

I think she is still butt hurt over my daughter cursing in front of her over a month ago because she used the "clash of parenting styles" phrase then. She has probably been festering ever since and the email from the school was just a catalyst for her to explode. If she is pissed about that then she just needs to say it instead of trying to focus her anger in to something that is not related to it.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #3909
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post

I think she is still butt hurt over my daughter cursing in front of her over a month ago . She has probably been festering ever since and the email from the school was just a catalyst for her to explode.
That sounds exactly like MY ex! I always wondered what became of her...
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:15 AM   #3910
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Viciously sick but my vacation doesn't start until Friday - so i have to haul my sorry ass in and infect my office

Edit: i'll ask to work from home but i havw to at least make the effort to go in or it looks sooooo bad
Old 12-19-2016, 06:43 AM   #3911
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Get better soon Xy!

But right now it's really like everybody in the Northern hemisphere is sick. I spent the weekend in bed, this morning I tool a friend to the doctors with flu symptoms.

Happy healing everybody who needs it!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #3912
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Get better soon Xy!

But right now it's really like everybody in the Northern hemisphere is sick. I spent the weekend in bed, this morning I tool a friend to the doctors with flu symptoms.

Happy healing everybody who needs it!
Being in an office with about 200 people and poor air circulation is not great for the sickness numbers where I work. The place is a virus' paradise. You can practically watch/hear illness move across the office on a daily basis. You hear mild coughing from one or two people at one end of the office and within a week it's swept through like a tornado.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #3913
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So... on the one hand, I have people telling me that I don't seem disabled, and that if I was then I wouldn't be able to go and do the things that I enjoy and that I'm just a scrounger and I should get a job.

On the other hand, my worker at the job centre just very bluntly told me how far away I am from being able to actually work yet they still refuse to put me in anything other than the 'work related activities' group. Which now means that I can't work at all; for a year, I'm not allowed to work part time. I'm stuck inside this flat, unable to work, unable to get better, because they think I'm not sick enough for full benefits but acknowledge that I'm too sick to actually work enough to make money to survive. I've got another year of sitting around doing nothing and living off benefits and feeling worthless and all the job centre can say is 'well you're very far from being able to work anyway, so its not an issue'.

I just feel like there is no point to even trying and nothing is ever going to get better.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #3914
Tad
mostly harmless

Loopy -- that sounds horrible! Like some sort of modern bureaucratic limbo, where you wonder how many prayers have to be said for your evaluation scores before you can be released

Is there any avenue to provide feedback to them about how this makes you feel, and how it is absolutely not helping in terms of you making any progress, because it is so disempowering?
Old 12-20-2016, 10:18 AM   #3915
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Psh. People are stupid.

Seriously; take the time you need to heal. When you are ready, you will work. And your tax money will mean that another girl in future will have the same support you did. It's a pay it forward system, you know?

Besides, look how much stuff you are learning/doing as moderator. Learning = employability, regardless of if you are currently employed. And it is learning new things at a pace which is agreeable to your emotional state, not forced on you as a sort of 'gogogogo!' timeline.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:47 PM   #3916
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Loopy -- that sounds horrible! Like some sort of modern bureaucratic limbo, where you wonder how many prayers have to be said for your evaluation scores before you can be released

Is there any avenue to provide feedback to them about how this makes you feel, and how it is absolutely not helping in terms of you making any progress, because it is so disempowering?
It is, I admit it really got to me when I found out. Which was at the job centre. Cue me crying in public for the first time in about a year. So embarrassing.

Honestly, not really. I mean, in my case I can appeal the decision and take it all the way to tribunal, but that is so much stress it isn't worth it. But it is government ran and they honestly don't care if it makes individuals feel powerless, that is the sad truth of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Psh. People are stupid.

Seriously; take the time you need to heal. When you are ready, you will work. And your tax money will mean that another girl in future will have the same support you did. It's a pay it forward system, you know?

Besides, look how much stuff you are learning/doing as moderator. Learning = employability, regardless of if you are currently employed. And it is learning new things at a pace which is agreeable to your emotional state, not forced on you as a sort of 'gogogogo!' timeline.
True, true, it just feels like the benefits people are doing everything they can to put barriers in my way of getting better. I want to work part time, and now I can't. Because apparently I'm not ill enough to go in the support group that inexpliciably would allow me to work when the 'work related activities' group does not. I can't go from nothing to working enough hours to keep my flat (~30 hours a week) because my autistic little brain can't cope with change and that much would about kill me. But apparently I'm not allowed to slowly build myself up to working more hours either.

Heh, thank you, that is true. I mean, I do do things. I'm a supervisor two days a week at the farm now, and I do mod/admin stuff here. I'm really proud of myself for how far I've come. It's just really disheartening to be told I can't go back to work at all for another year because I'm 'not ill enough'.
Old 12-21-2016, 04:18 PM   #3917
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Have one of the worst weeks of my life. My grandfather had a stroke, my dog is seriously sick, I got sued, like Wtf 2016 wtf
Old 12-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #3918
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjula View Post
Have one of the worst weeks of my life. My grandfather had a stroke, my dog is seriously sick, I got sued, like Wtf 2016 wtf

I'm so sorry, any one of those things is awful, I can't imagine going through all that at once.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #3919
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Oh jeez omg that is terrible...
Old 12-21-2016, 08:12 PM   #3920
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Thats awful Anjula. Holy shit.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #3921
Tad
mostly harmless

Whoa, that is takes 'a rotten week' to a whole new level.

My condolences on your grandfather, I hope your dog will be feeling better soon, and I hope the lawsuit ends up being a minor annoyance and amusing anecdote rather than awful.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #3922
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Thanks guys. Everything is still shit but it's not as bad as it could be. Somehow my 80yo grandfather who might have spend 4 days paralysed on a floor after a stroke is alive and he might even get better. He is able to talk, has a fully functioning brain and his left leg is starting to respond. I have a pretty good chance of winning that law thing. Masha has horribly bad test results but she feels as good as ever. She's on antibiotics and all but only because her pancreas blood test is 1600 and the norm is 120, other than that's shes her regular self. So as you can see everything is shit but it's not a diarrhea lol
Old 12-23-2016, 02:28 PM   #3923
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Thanks guys. Everything is still shit but it's not as bad as it could be. Somehow my 80yo grandfather who might have spend 4 days paralysed on a floor after a stroke is alive and he might even get better. He is able to talk, has a fully functioning brain and his left leg is starting to respond. I have a pretty good chance of winning that law thing. Masha has horribly bad test results but she feels as good as ever. She's on antibiotics and all but only because her pancreas blood test is 1600 and the norm is 120, other than that's shes her regular self. So as you can see everything is shit but it's not a diarrhea lol
In late on this but I'm so sorry to hear about everything that happened. I'm glad things are looking promising with it, though. Having so much thrown at you must feel overwhelming, but just remember to take care of you too.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:36 PM   #3924
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

My girlfriend told one of her parents she's dating a fatty. I think she's having a bad time because of it.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:20 PM   #3925
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
My girlfriend told one of her parents she's dating a fatty. I think she's having a bad time because of it.
That sucks Dwes

I struggled with this with some of my family members who have since mellowed out. Its a tough place to be in. Its sad that weight discrimination is still acceptable. Know it doesnt devalue your worth as a person. Your girlfriend may be dealing with heat from her parent and I hope she stays strong. You both sound like you're happy together. <3

Tags
god hates tags, sad, unhappy