Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #3926
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
Being in an office with about 200 people and poor air circulation is not great for the sickness numbers where I work. The place is a virus' paradise. You can practically watch/hear illness move across the office on a daily basis. You hear mild coughing from one or two people at one end of the office and within a week it's swept through like a tornado.

Hand sanitizer is your friend.

Very few airborne viruses actually land anywhere on a person that could infect them; but they land on surfaces, especially commonly touched surfaces (think door knobs, light switches, even computer keyboards) and then get transferred to your fingers, which then touch your eyes/nose/mouth/ears and then get into your body.

Hand sanitizer breaks this cycle. A bit drying on the hands, but good to break the disease cycle.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:40 PM   #3927
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I slept weird and have a crick in my neck/back/shoulder.

Oddly enough, my plan of eating an entire chocolate reindeer and then passing out only relieved my pain temporarily.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #3928
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I slept weird and have a crick in my neck/back/shoulder.

Oddly enough, my plan of eating an entire chocolate reindeer and then passing out only relieved my pain temporarily.
What? That reindeer was clearly defective! I think you should have another one to see if it does a better job
Old 01-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #3929
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know what to do, or say, or feel right now. I don't really feel anything. I'm numb and chugging from a bottle of rum, so what can I really feel? Lmao.

I'm laughing from the alcohol, I'm making myself laugh right now, because I'm trying not to cry. I'm trying so hard not to cry. But it's not working. I'm smiling but the tears are still coming. God I feel like a psycho right now. Put me in a straight jacket.

What do you do when you don't know how to explain what's wrong?

Why do people always leave me? I try to be the best I can be, and that's never enough. it never is. Why am I so pathetic and vulnerable? If someone doesn't want me, fuck 'em. But I can't think that way, because I care too much. WHY do I even give a shit? I can't stop moving. I'm in a panic. Biting my nails so short they're hurting. I am breaking down. I haven't felt this way in such a long time and I though the medication was working. Maybe it is, but this is something even medicine can't help.

I'm breathing, I'm trying, but god I'm scared. I'm too drunk to keep writing this. If I keep writing I'm just going to regret it, so I'll stop now.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #3930
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0emnem0x View Post

Why do people always leave me? I try to be the best I can be, and that's never enough. it never is. Why am I so pathetic and vulnerable? If someone doesn't want me, fuck 'em. But I can't think that way, because I care too much. WHY do I even give a shit? I can't stop moving. I'm in a panic. Biting my nails so short they're hurting. I am breaking down. I haven't felt this way in such a long time and I though the medication was working. Maybe it is, but this is something even medicine can't help.

I'm breathing, I'm trying, but god I'm scared. I'm too drunk to keep writing this. If I keep writing I'm just going to regret it, so I'll stop now.
Take some deep breaths. Concentrate only on your breathing for a little while, feel the breaths go in and out. Do this for ten minutes or longer if need be and see if you can stop the whirling of thoughts.

I know it's hard right now but I am sure you are a wonderful person. Concentrate on beautiful colors or a beautiful scene that you have seen in real life. Remember the glory of the colors, the amazing weather, all the while steadily breathing deeply.

If you still can't self-calm, if you have a help line, or a counselor you can call please do so. At least there will be some one who can listen in real time.

Feel better.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 09:16 PM   #3931
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I don't know what to do, or say, or feel right now. I don't really feel anything. I'm numb and chugging from a bottle of rum, so what can I really feel? Lmao.

I'm laughing from the alcohol, I'm making myself laugh right now, because I'm trying not to cry. I'm trying so hard not to cry. But it's not working. I'm smiling but the tears are still coming. God I feel like a psycho right now. Put me in a straight jacket.

I'm sorry things are so tough right now.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:56 AM   #3932
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Like Leem said, keep up the breathing and just stay in the moment. If you're numb right now, be numb. If you're angry, be angry. If you're grieving, grieve. All these can serve a purpose for a time. Try to keep your mind busy with a whole range of hobbies and things if you can.

But mostly, what Lille said. Many of us will be at least somewhat familiar with these feelings you're letting out here. And they do suck. I hope they pass soon <3
Old 01-14-2017, 10:52 AM   #3933
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thank you guys.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #3934
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Asshole horse bit me. He got me good too. He broke the skin a little and I've got teeth scrape marks for a few inches above and below.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #3935
JayDanger

JayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this boardJayDanger carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm still on bail, so I still can't go back to the job I got arrested for. So instead I have to go spend six hours in a joint rolling factory doing menial and mind numbing work. I need tonight's party so badly.
JayDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #3936
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDanger View Post
I'm still on bail, so I still can't go back to the job I got arrested for. So instead I have to go spend six hours in a joint rolling factory doing menial and mind numbing work. I need tonight's party so badly.

letters letters letters
Old 01-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #3937
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Other half is distressed and so far away that I am completely powerless to help. Also, getting really fed up of the constant whining and complaining from some people. I can't help picturing them sitting ontop of throne of used toilet paper cackling smugly about how much higher up they are than everyone else and how much people wish they were them.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:15 PM   #3938
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Other half is distressed and so far away that I am completely powerless to help. Also, getting really fed up of the constant whining and complaining from some people. I can't help picturing them sitting ontop of throne of used toilet paper cackling smugly about how much higher up they are than everyone else and how much people wish they were them.
Yes a pile of --it. Complainers can get annoying I'm with you on that, especially whiners.

Sorry about the family distress it is hard to not be able to give support due to circumstances when it's needed
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:34 AM   #3939
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sorry for the distance making it hard to help, Loopy

But I do like that visual!
Old 01-24-2017, 07:58 AM   #3940
loopytheone
Administrator

Just spent 15 minutes getting told off about my weight by a doctor in front of my (usually very judgemental) mother. I needed that like a hole in the head. I wouldn't mind, but she is my psychiatrist, it's not really her place to lecture me about me being fat.

I did work out what it is that annoys me about people mentioning my weight. I am fine with people calling me fat, whatever. But what I don't like is a) being told what to do and b) the dumb assumptions they make. Like telling me, a person who eats plain salad for dinner every night, that I should try eating vegetables. Or telling me that I should try walking for exercise (Just last week I walked about five miles for fun). I don't like the judgement and assumptions they make about fat people, and given that the doctor is as fat as me, she should know better.

Also, her dieting advice? "Try eating one or two meals a day instead of three" and "Try eating only a whole cucumber for each of your meals and then you will lose weight". Um, no, no thanks. Kinda shitty advice for a doctor of all people to be giving...
Old 01-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #3941
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Applying for jobs is ass. Currently getting to "bask in glow of being ignored."

Also, people being unable to read and comprehend simple sentences makes me want to just give up

---
That sucks Loops. Are you in the position to tell her that you have a GP for your physical health, and her job is your mental stability?
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:16 PM   #3942
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
That sucks Loops. Are you in the position to tell her that you have a GP for your physical health, and her job is your mental stability?
Not really... though my mother did actually stand up for me by pointing out that I eat a ton of vegetables, do walk a lot, go to yoga and do a physical job at the farm twice a week.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #3943
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Applying for jobs is ass. Currently getting to "bask in glow of being ignored."

Also, people being unable to read and comprehend simple sentences makes me want to just give up
LOL. I'm still basking, too. You'll find something soon, though. And when you do, hook a bitch up.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:22 PM   #3944
Tad
mostly harmless

Good for your Mom! And boo for your doc The assumptions are so annoying and insulting.

Xy, yes job hunting sucks, until it ends on a high note.... But that means it 98% sucks.

As for me, home with a very sore lower abdomen. Really odd, not had something lime this before. Making walking not fun besides generally leaving me feeling tired, cold, and dazed. Rest and heat seem to be helping, but I hate not knowing what is going on in me!
Old 01-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #3945
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mel; totally. We should start our own company!!

I hope you feel better Tad
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:31 AM   #3946
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm sorry Loopy That sounds horrible, and what a stupid advice... I hate when people assume that fat means lazy and unhealthy. Do you wanna stick with that psychiatrist or plan to switch to someone else?

I might have POC. Went to the doc today for my 6month check up and turns out I haven't ovulated in the last 4 months. Great, exactly what I need right now
Old 01-25-2017, 09:52 AM   #3947
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Just spent 15 minutes getting told off about my weight by a doctor in front of my (usually very judgemental) mother.
Poor Loops!

It - generally - annoys me like hell that people feel it is legit, appropriate to address the weight of others.

There is no other so itimate issue where society gives so much leeway in transgressing personal boundaries. Not even people's drinking or smoking habits (with the latter being one which even affects immediate bystanders).

Do I constantly run around and ask people like... why they have so terrible teeth? Don't they ever brush or see the dentist or orthodontist? Or how about seeing a speech therapist for getting rid of that screech?
Anybody would be tarred &feathered for saying things like that (... rightfully so). But saying "You should really watch your weight...." is accepted to applauded ...

Quote:
I hear you.... or better I read you!

Somehow I have the feeling this is getting worse. I did some editing for a new agency last week - and it took me 5 (!) emails to successfully communicate the simple fact that the references in general intro chapters 1-3 had nothing to do with the data presentend in chapters 4-8.
I nearly freaked.

Sometimes I do wonder whether real, academic level literacy might actually be declining. Or whether it has something to do with the fact that more and more companies, agencies, institutions claim to have English as working language - but only a minority of the staff is fully literate in (any type) of English.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:02 PM   #3948
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have an interview for the internal vacancy I applied for. I'm really happy I got it, though the situation has been so disorganized and frustrating to go through.

I'm going through a whole other process at work too. Three managers essentially played musical chairs and changed teams a couple of weeks ago, making it the FIFTH manager I've had it 9 months. One of these is the manager putting together the shortlist and interview times for this vacancy... but because of the stupid timing of the team swap she hasn't had time, hence just finding out I got the interview. They haven't arranged times yet, which is nerve-shredding and frustrating.

But I also got told that my current job is changing teams and I'll be moving with it on Monday. I've been craving some kind of stability for a long time and I'm having to contend with managers who don't stick around long enough to know a damn thing about my job, a shitty rolling temporary contract, having to train people in a job I don't know 100% (and really nobody seems to) and co-workers shifting like sand.

I'm just.... incredibly frustrated at the moment and I feel like the next couple of weeks are going to be overwhelming.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #3949
Tad
mostly harmless

Ugh, sounds super frustrating! Well, as you are brushing up for that internal position, doesn't hurt to start poking around elsewhere too. If they ask why you are looking to leave I think you have a pretty good reason.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:14 PM   #3950
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Ugh, sounds super frustrating! Well, as you are brushing up for that internal position, doesn't hurt to start poking around elsewhere too. If they ask why you are looking to leave I think you have a pretty good reason.
Thank you, at the very least your words give me some kind of validation that I'm not totally over-reacting.

I would love to stay in the company as long as it's a stable job, it really is a good place if only things stayed the same for a while. I can't deny it is wearing me down though, I'm keeping an eye out for something elsewhere that might be a better long term option.

Still no date/time on the interview too. I got confirmation I was on the shortlist on tuesday and was told it would be wednesday when the dates would be sent. I know my manager's had an insanely busy week so I figured I'd give it a bit of time before pressing. I'll be asking on monday though.

Tags
god hates tags, sad, unhappy