Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #4051
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am pretty sure I had chatted with him a few years ago of FF or here I don't remember which.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:17 AM   #4052
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In this crazy year for weather, after a cold snap earlier in the week and a nice day yesterday, we got a small snow storm this morning. First snow melted and then froze into ice in places, and that got covered with more snow.

Walking to work, wife slipped on ice and has really hurt her wrist. She called home and I jumped in the car and picked her up and dropped her off at the emergency department, where she is now waiting to see if it is a sprain or break
Old 03-24-2017, 09:40 AM   #4053
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
In this crazy year for weather, after a cold snap earlier in the week and a nice day yesterday, we got a small snow storm this morning. First snow melted and then froze into ice in places, and that got covered with more snow.

Walking to work, wife slipped on ice and has really hurt her wrist. She called home and I jumped in the car and picked her up and dropped her off at the emergency department, where she is now waiting to see if it is a sprain or break
Slippery ice is the worst. I hope her wrist heals soon!
Old 03-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #4054
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
Slippery ice is the worst. I hope her wrist heals soon!
Thanks! So far she knows that it is a break and the bone moved around. Waiting to see the surgeon type person to find out if they think they can set it, or will want to do surgery (emergency room doc indicated either was possible). Don't know yet how much of her arm will end up in a cast.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #4055
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh man, speedy healing to her!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #4056
AmandaLynn
cake, lots & lots of cake

AmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAmandaLynn is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

Oh how awful. I hope she gets through it quickly.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:41 AM   #4057
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynn View Post
Oh how awful. I hope she gets through it quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Oh man, speedy healing to her!
thanks for the good thoughts. Seems like they were able to align the break and push the radius back where Ir belongs, and the cast is below the elbow, so not as bad as it could have been. She is just having fun keeping the arm above her heart to minimize swelling. All stuff that should heal up in due course.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:06 AM   #4058
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
thanks for the good thoughts. Seems like they were able to align the break and push the radius back where Ir belongs, and the cast is below the elbow, so not as bad as it could have been. She is just having fun keeping the arm above her heart to minimize swelling. All stuff that should heal up in due course.
Sorry to hear about your bride's misfortune. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery!
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #4059
rabbitislove
24 Carrot Magic

rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!rabbitislove has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I hope she heals quickly!
Old 03-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #4060
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

It was really icy in some parts here again this morning - our driveway was a skating rink!

Hope you and your wife could keep off the ice this morning.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:10 PM   #4061
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Sorry to hear the news Tad wish her a speedy recovery.
That is one of my biggest fears slipping on the ice.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #4062
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
It was really icy in some parts here again this morning - our driveway was a skating rink!

Hope you and your wife could keep off the ice this morning.
She is still at home today. I might drive her to work for a part day tomorrow, we'll have to see ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Sorry to hear the news Tad wish her a speedy recovery.
That is one of my biggest fears slipping on the ice.
She has a bad history with ice, right back to her teenage (thin) years where she damaged her knees and ankles on icy stairs. It sounds odd but I'm almost happy that it was a broken wrist rather than more damage to her knees -- I think the wrist is worse in the short term but probably has less long-term impact :-/
Old 04-01-2017, 07:53 AM   #4063
Kristal

Kristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging inKristal makes people happy simply by logging in

That I have to work today.
Kristal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:09 AM   #4064
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Went to a normal opticians appointment this morning... ended up spending 2 hours at hospital having tests run on me.

Turns out I have swollen optic nerves which might be an indication of something wrong with my noggin. The doc suspects the pressure in my head in too high. Got an appointment to have my head scanned on Monday to see what's what.

I went in expecting to just get a new pair of glasses, today did not go as planned at all.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:22 PM   #4065
Tad
mostly harmless

Scary stuff. I hope Monday comes quickly and goes anticlimactically.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:03 AM   #4066
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!rellis10 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Scary stuff. I hope Monday comes quickly and goes anticlimactically.
So I went and had the CT scan. 9 hours later in hospital and I have a 90% diagnosis of Benign Intracranial Hypertension... basically the pressure in my head is too high but apparently not caused by anything that's going to kill me overnight.

Buuuut I'm going to be back in on Friday to have a Lumber Puncture to rule out the other 10%. They tried to do one yesterday but my back's too fat and they need a bigger needle.... they didn't actually say that but they were being polite and skirting around it.

Overall, the Doc's recommendation... lose weight. Alrighty then. I could have saved us all a lot of time on Saturday by stating the obvious.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #4067
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellis10 View Post
So I went and had the CT scan. 9 hours later in hospital and I have a 90% diagnosis of Benign Intracranial Hypertension... basically the pressure in my head is too high but apparently not caused by anything that's going to kill me overnight.

Buuuut I'm going to be back in on Friday to have a Lumber Puncture to rule out the other 10%. They tried to do one yesterday but my back's too fat and they need a bigger needle.... they didn't actually say that but they were being polite and skirting around it.

Overall, the Doc's recommendation... lose weight. Alrighty then. I could have saved us all a lot of time on Saturday by stating the obvious.
Oh my god! I hate hearing you've had a scare like this out of nowhere. But I'm so glad to hear the Doc's initial diagnosis is 90% and starts with the word "benign."

I hope someone's going in with you on Friday when you go in for the lumbar puncture. Please keep us posted.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:12 AM   #4068
Tad
mostly harmless

Pretty much what Odette said ^^^^^ + the really annoying thing about a doctor saying "you should lose weight" in a situation like this is, is that you can't really tell if they have reason to believe that there is a real correlation, or if they just generally figure that losing weight will deal with all ills I guess it is time to do some independent research so that in round two you are more informed and can ask more questions.

Good luck with Friday!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #4069
rellis10
tuh-maw-tow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
Oh my god! I hate hearing you've had a scare like this out of nowhere. But I'm so glad to hear the Doc's initial diagnosis is 90% and starts with the word "benign."

I hope someone's going in with you on Friday when you go in for the lumbar puncture. Please keep us posted.
Quote:
Pretty much what Odette said ^^^^^ + the really annoying thing about a doctor saying "you should lose weight" in a situation like this is, is that you can't really tell if they have reason to believe that there is a real correlation, or if they just generally figure that losing weight will deal with all ills I guess it is time to do some independent research so that in round two you are more informed and can ask more questions.

Good luck with Friday!
Thanks you guys. It really means a lot.

In this case the weight loss makes some sense because one of the issues that would make most sense in causing this is a form of sleep apnea where my breathing can be impeded while I sleep because of the weight around my chest and throat. I can recognize at least a couple of the symptoms as being semi-regular so it's a possibility.

Plus after my first appointment on Saturday (they suspected it at the time but needed the tests on monday to confirm) the Doc told me that it is a condition that is relatively high in overweight patients. So there is likely some correlation.

It doesn't look like I'll have to be kept in overnight or anything for the LP, but it's a pretty scary thing.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #4070
Tad
mostly harmless

Had to leave our cat at the emergency vet for overnight (and maybe a couple days) treatment. She had one issue early last week, and treatment for that has left her massively constipated and unable to pass anything. Gah, get better cat, and so sorry to abandon you at a place where strangers are going to put a tube up your nose :-(
Old 04-17-2017, 07:30 AM   #4071
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Getting left to do everything at work, again.

For reference, I'm a volunteer, I do this on weekends without getting paid and work 9-5, paying my own travel etc etc.

On easter sunday, one of the busiest days in the spring, we were left with only six staff instead of the dozen we normally have. Fine, illnesses etc happen, I understand that. But they were having us run lamb petting and animal handling sessions one after another literally all day yesterday. It takes two people to do each of those and so that left only me and my boss (the only paid member of staff there) to do all the cleaning, feeding, etc etc. Normally something that six or so people do throughout the day.

Long story short, I ended up doing literally everything myself. My boss disappeared somewhere and left me to organise all the other volunteers, sell tokens (which isn't my job! We have a shop for that!) and single handedly do all the feeds, hays, cleans, checks, waters etc etc for an entire barn full of about 300 animals, and I had to deal with visitors and boarders too. I literally only got half an hour break all day (we are supposed to have a total of 2 hours of breaks split between three breaks) and I ended up hurting my back, hip and knee as well as getting covered in cuts and bruises trying to sort everything. I ended up snapping at one of the volunteers for the first time ever as well, which I feel absolutely awful about, but I was exhausted and in pain. And my boss doesn't see that there is any issue in all this.

Strongly considering just telling my boss that I'm not doing sundays anymore and he can get someone else in to do them. All the other bosses help out in the barn, especially on days like today, and leaving me to literally do and organise everything was just cruel.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:18 PM   #4072
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Being that you're a volunteer and not a paid employee definitely makes me side with you. Doing that to someone who donated their time and experience at their own cost is inexcusable.

However, if you were a paid employee I'd commiserate with you since I've also been there and done that when I was younger as well, but pretty much I'd tell you get used to it as someone new in the workforce. I'm sure you've heard the old saying,"Shit flows downhill." Well at your age and work experience means you're down at the bottom, but it makes the air all the sweeter as you climb higher and get to miss getting covered in the mess!

Hope your next weekend working goes smoother and your aches and pains heal quickly.
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #4073
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Being that you're a volunteer and not a paid employee definitely makes me side with you. Doing that to someone who donated their time and experience at their own cost is inexcusable.

However, if you were a paid employee I'd commiserate with you since I've also been there and done that when I was younger as well, but pretty much I'd tell you get used to it as someone new in the workforce. I'm sure you've heard the old saying,"Shit flows downhill." Well at your age and work experience means you're down at the bottom, but it makes the air all the sweeter as you climb higher and get to miss getting covered in the mess!

Hope your next weekend working goes smoother and your aches and pains heal quickly.
Oh trust me, I'd not have a problem with it if I was getting paid. I have no problem with working hard, I always do, but for the first time in two years, I actually hit my limit physically and mentally and that shouldn't happen in a volunteer job. I've spent all of today in bed because a combination of my knee, back and hip means I can't really walk further than the bathroom.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:45 PM   #4074
Leem
Leem

Leem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions communityLeem is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Sorry to hear that Loopy. When you work yourself to a standstill it is really hard on the body. May I suggest a hot water bottle and a good rest.
Leem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #4075
Tad
mostly harmless

I think I need to actually start job hunting. The vibe around here is getting really weird, things could yet work out, but ... I think I need to start looking.

Job hunting has hardly changed since the last time I did it, 12 years ago, right?
Also means I should probably be serious about losing a few more pounds and doing shoulder exercises make clothes hand as 'properly' as possible. Blorg! And wonder if, at 49, I'm going to be hitting age discrimination in the tech field now?

Tags
god hates tags, sad, unhappy