Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #1251
Broadside

Broadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized rep

Still sick, and I need to buckle down and find a place to live back in the MidWest.

The damned doctor yesterday though... I went in and asked him to prescribe me some antibiotics since I was pretty sure I had a virus, but all he did was recommend over the counter drugs. FUCK THAT, I just paid you $20 so you could tell me to buy sudafed and salt water?

Went to another doctor today, am now taking a Z-Pak. Die Virus, DIE!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:04 PM   #1252
Treach

Treach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going on

For the life of me I'll never understand why my friends insist on hooking up with women I've expressed interest in. But more annoying than that is when the person-of-interest in question feels the need to inform me they're fucking my friend, despite my clear and direct protest to hearing about it. Seriously, some people can't take a hint (and in this instance by "a hint" I mean "unambiguous instruction")
Treach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #1253
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
Still sick, and I need to buckle down and find a place to live back in the MidWest.

The damned doctor yesterday though... I went in and asked him to prescribe me some antibiotics since I was pretty sure I had a virus, but all he did was recommend over the counter drugs. FUCK THAT, I just paid you $20 so you could tell me to buy sudafed and salt water?

Went to another doctor today, am now taking a Z-Pak. Die Virus, DIE!
Antibiotics =/= Antivirals.

Taking antibiotics when not needed can help create antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

Antibiotics might be helpful if there's also an opportunistic bacterial infection involved, though.

-Rusty
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #1254
Broadside

Broadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized rep

Eh well... I'm no doctor, but whatever it is I have I'm starting to feel a bit better after my first dose.

I still have an ugly night ahead of me though...
Old 08-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #1255
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Eh well... I'm no doctor, but whatever it is I have I'm starting to feel a bit better after my first dose.

In any case, get well quickly, ok?

-Rusty
Old 08-22-2011, 11:31 PM   #1256
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treach View Post
For the life of me I'll never understand why my friends insist on hooking up with women I've expressed interest in. But more annoying than that is when the person-of-interest in question feels the need to inform me they're fucking my friend, despite my clear and direct protest to hearing about it. Seriously, some people can't take a hint (and in this instance by "a hint" I mean "unambiguous instruction")

And these are friends?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #1257
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Placebo.... You have an antibiotic and, even if you DO have a bacterial infection, antibiotics usually take several doses to reach bacteriostasis, at which point you would start to feel better.

If anyone managed to create an effective antiviral vs the common cold or flu, you'd hear about it non-stop, and the guy/group would make billions.

Try to sleep, and remember the new job/great night out
Old 08-23-2011, 08:17 PM   #1258
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Placebo.... You have an antibiotic and, even if you DO have a bacterial infection, antibiotics usually take several doses to reach bacteriostasis, at which point you would start to feel better.

If anyone managed to create an effective antiviral vs the common cold or flu, you'd hear about it non-stop, and the guy/group would make billions.

What about DRACO?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #1259
CleverBomb
On Space Out

Quote:

In my (non-expert) opinion, they'll develop an antiviral that stops the common cold about the same time as the one for HIV -- as they'd probably use similar techniques.

Which would revolutionize society as we know it.

-Rusty
Old 08-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #1260
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tamiflu made me sicker THAN the flu. Ugh.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #1261
Broadside

Still sick, feel worse, glands are swollen.

Another long night of no sleep... maybe I'll just sleep in my chair.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:21 PM   #1262
Treach

Treach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going onTreach knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelocs View Post
And these are friends?
Haha, yes. If I cut-and-run from any friend who slighted me in such a way I'd be the Omega Man.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 AM   #1263
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodetic_Effect View Post
What about DRACO?
All I've heard of DRACO is pre-clinical, and that it only works on the viruses that produce a certain length of dsRNA. Not all viruses do that, including a lot of cold/flu ones....still, it will be interesting to see how that drug plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
In my (non-expert) opinion, they'll develop an antiviral that stops the common cold about the same time as the one for HIV -- as they'd probably use similar techniques.

Which would revolutionize society as we know it.

-Rusty
Oh, I'm not an expert either - I've done a bit of virology work, but my specialty is molecular biology. HIV and cold viruses are highly mutagenic, but that's their biggest similarity. Also, cold viruses come from many families, and each has a different mode of spread. If they come up with "cures" for either, I'm sure it will be at different times and will utilize different molecular mechanisms. Basically, fighting HIV is like fighting one Predator, whereas fighting the cold is like fighting an army of Mystiques.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #1264
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
All I've heard of DRACO is pre-clinical, and that it only works on the viruses that produce a certain length of dsRNA. Not all viruses do that, including a lot of cold/flu ones....still, it will be interesting to see how that drug plays out.

Oh, I'm not an expert either - I've done a bit of virology work, but my specialty is molecular biology. HIV and cold viruses are highly mutagenic, but that's their biggest similarity. Also, cold viruses come from many families, and each has a different mode of spread. If they come up with "cures" for either, I'm sure it will be at different times and will utilize different molecular mechanisms. Basically, fighting HIV is like fighting one Predator, whereas fighting the cold is like fighting an army of Mystiques.
Mystique . . . I'd do her.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #1265
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My leg muscles are sore because of my stupid back. I'm pretty tired of this shit.

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #1266
SlightlyMorbid
Darth Cuddles

SlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
My leg muscles are sore because of my stupid back. I'm pretty tired of this shit.
I dunno what they call it in English at the snap of my fingers but have you tried a physiotherapist? They can crack your back right into shape. You could be a bit knackered but a nap can fix that and you'll feel a lot better.

d=_=b Moozik
SlightlyMorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #1267
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Get yourself to a chiropractor if your back is still playing up. And if your legs are feeling funny that's usually a sign that your sciatic nerve is being pinched. IF you can't stretch out the problem yourself a good chiro can work wonders...fast.
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #1268
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBob View Post
Get yourself to a chiropractor if your back is still playing up. And if your legs are feeling funny that's usually a sign that your sciatic nerve is being pinched. IF you can't stretch out the problem yourself a good chiro can work wonders...fast.
They don't feel funny, they're just sore from being tensed up in sympathetic response to the weakness/pain of the muscles in my back. I can stretch out just fine, just not bend over very well.

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:54 PM   #1269
MissAshley
Enigma

MissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 clubMissAshley is a member of the 500 club

I'm sad that summer is almost over.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #1270
Treach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAshley View Post
I'm sad that summer is almost over.
But that means fall is almost here! And fall is the greatest!
Old 08-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #1271
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
I haven't heard much either, just some success on trials with mice.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #1272
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

You know what's actually making me unhappy today?

A socialist politician died of cancer a few days ago, and it seems like every asshat in Canada is sobbing about it and saying that statues of the guy need to be built, he needs a state funeral, the CN tower needs to be lit up with orange LED (party colour), etc etc etc.

WTF? Yeah, he died of cancer, that's not awesome...but shut the fuck up for a minute and stop crying about some dude you don't know. Especially when the guy was the head of a TERRIBLE party. I mean, everyone who is using welfare to support their 15 kids and meth habit are allowed to be crying, but not normal people!
Old 08-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #1273
Broadside

I found the perfect apartment back home, but I can't move there. Why? Oh, well, you see, I make TOO MUCH money to move there. That's right, in the middle of a neighborhood with a bunch of high rise apartments, the modest dwelling I want is reserved for low income households...

I'm being penalized for busting my ass since I was old enough to move out on my own, and building a successful career. I fucking hate bullshit like this...
Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #1274
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I found the perfect apartment back home, but I can't move there. Why? Oh, well, you see, I make TOO MUCH money to move there. That's right, in the middle of a neighborhood with a bunch of high rise apartments, the modest dwelling I want is reserved for low income households...

I'm being penalized for busting my ass since I was old enough to move out on my own, and building a successful career. I fucking hate bullshit like this...
Yeah, but it makes sense. I get pissed off when people with decent incomes take low-cost appartments to save cash - leaving me, the poor-ass student, to pay an assload a month for a completely shitty place. There should be some sort of sliding scale.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #1275
Broadside

Yeah, a sliding scale would be fine for a part of the building, or at least quarter off part of the building and rent those apartments out at a slight sub-market value.

Right now the current situation leaves a guy like me, who's busted his ass most of his life, to pay for the welfare check that the low-income, disingenuine job-seeking, household accepts. Then they turn around and pay a portion of that check to the fat cats running the low-income tax sheltered building in a prime urban environment.

Basically, what pisses me off at it's core, is that I work my ass off as a productive member of society, and I'll not only end up not getting the place I want, but I'll be partially paying for someone else to live there, and pay more for an apartment that was my 3rd or 4th choice that's farther away from my prime location.

The sad part is that this will never end, because there will always be people who would rather suckle the government teat that pays them better than a minimum wage job. Which is understandable, but begs the question, why isn't minimum wage on a sliding scale? But like that would matter because then employers would discriminate based on family situations that would force them to pay higher hourly wages, then forcing the common worker to lie about his situation in order to get the job that won't pay him enough.

BAHHHHHH...... I hate the world...

Tags
god hates tags, sad, unhappy