Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 08-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #1276
bladenite78

bladenite78 can now change their title

everything. I had the love of my life die in my arms in a hospital in Chicago this month 8 years ago. Every year her parents and her brother remind me of her. Every year it kills me slowly for a month. This year the feeling is compounded because I thought I was mixing up my feelings for someone I had just met with the girl who died, so in order to figure it out..I left. I went to Florida for a week with a friend of mine. When I came back I felt okay, I felt like I had let go of some demons. Before I left, I gave the girl my email and she never emailed so I figured she didnt care or really want me that much. Tonight she says I hurt her and that it was free will and she wanted to be chased. To me that sounds like a cop out, but even if it was, I felt something for her and now I feel like a fool again. I hate August, I'll be glad when its over.
bladenite78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 PM   #1277
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My hair falls STILL haven't arrived! GIMMIE!
Old 08-25-2011, 07:48 AM   #1278
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladenite78 View Post
everything. I had the love of my life die in my arms in a hospital in Chicago this month 8 years ago. Every year her parents and her brother remind me of her. Every year it kills me slowly for a month. This year the feeling is compounded because I thought I was mixing up my feelings for someone I had just met with the girl who died, so in order to figure it out..I left. I went to Florida for a week with a friend of mine. When I came back I felt okay, I felt like I had let go of some demons. Before I left, I gave the girl my email and she never emailed so I figured she didnt care or really want me that much. Tonight she says I hurt her and that it was free will and she wanted to be chased. To me that sounds like a cop out, but even if it was, I felt something for her and now I feel like a fool again. I hate August, I'll be glad when its over.

That's pretty heavy stuff. Hope you feel better after the month is over.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #1279
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
...Right now the current situation leaves a guy like me, who's busted his ass most of his life, to pay for the welfare check that the low-income, disingenuine job-seeking, household accepts. Then they turn around and pay a portion of that check to the fat cats running the low-income tax sheltered building in a prime urban environment.

Basically, what pisses me off at it's core, is that I work my ass off as a productive member of society, and I'll not only end up not getting the place I want, but I'll be partially paying for someone else to live there, and pay more for an apartment that was my 3rd or 4th choice that's farther away from my prime location.

The sad part is that this will never end, because there will always be people who would rather suckle the government teat that pays them better than a minimum wage job. Which is understandable, but begs the question, why isn't minimum wage on a sliding scale? But like that would matter because then employers would discriminate based on family situations that would force them to pay higher hourly wages, then forcing the common worker to lie about his situation in order to get the job that won't pay him enough.

BAHHHHHH...... I hate the world...
It sucks, yes, but it's part of the social contract. There's a lot of people out there who actually NEED government help - because honestly, minimum wage (even when it's at a 'reasonable' level like in Canada), isn't enough to live on if one expects a half-decent life. Yes, it should be on a sliding scale, but if they had figured how a formula that worked, it would have been employed ages ago, no?
And yes, there's the ones who just profit on the system. But hey, assholes are everywhere. You just have to deal.

But either way, on the bright side - You're well off, and will probably never be put in the situation of needing government assistance or working for minimum wage. That's something to be thankful about! And I'm certain you'll find another decent place to live in a nice part of town.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:00 AM   #1280
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
It sucks, yes, but it's part of the social contract. There's a lot of people out there who actually NEED government help - because honestly, minimum wage (even when it's at a 'reasonable' level like in Canada), isn't enough to live on if one expects a half-decent life. Yes, it should be on a sliding scale, but if they had figured how a formula that worked, it would have been employed ages ago, no?
And yes, there's the ones who just profit on the system. But hey, assholes are everywhere. You just have to deal.

But either way, on the bright side - You're well off, and will probably never be put in the situation of needing government assistance or working for minimum wage. That's something to be thankful about! And I'm certain you'll find another decent place to live in a nice part of town.
I dunno...I suppose it's good to have some low income housing available, but the way they do it is just BS. With my shitty stipend + high tuition + high cost of living in Toronto, I've been living around the poverty line for ~5 years - if you have half a brain, you can stretch the cash pretty easily. I just remember that, when I lived in a dilapidated little shithole that cost $900/mth, across the street there was an awesome looking house that was practically a mansion...yeah, that was the low income house. WTF? Eventually, I'm going to finish my PhD and get a real job, and I really don't like the idea of supporting all kinds of freeloaders, when there was no support for me when I was in the same position (and I'm not exactly ASKING for support, either).
Old 08-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #1281
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
I dunno...I suppose it's good to have some low income housing available, but the way they do it is just BS. With my shitty stipend + high tuition + high cost of living in Toronto, I've been living around the poverty line for ~5 years - if you have half a brain, you can stretch the cash pretty easily. I just remember that, when I lived in a dilapidated little shithole that cost $900/mth, across the street there was an awesome looking house that was practically a mansion...yeah, that was the low income house. WTF? Eventually, I'm going to finish my PhD and get a real job, and I really don't like the idea of supporting all kinds of freeloaders, when there was no support for me when I was in the same position (and I'm not exactly ASKING for support, either).
No, of course I understand, and there are a lot of freeloaders. But thre are lots of people who actually need that help - and yes, maybe it becomes a little unfair if they're living in a beautiful place and you have an overpriced shithole (come see my place, sometime!). I'm a little against the usual "Poor people are bullshit! The homeless are the leeches of society! Governments enable them!" Yes, they're there. But... lots actually need it.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #1282
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
No, of course I understand, and there are a lot of freeloaders. But thre are lots of people who actually need that help - and yes, maybe it becomes a little unfair if they're living in a beautiful place and you have an overpriced shithole (come see my place, sometime!). I'm a little against the usual "Poor people are bullshit! The homeless are the leeches of society! Governments enable them!" Yes, they're there. But... lots actually need it.
Ah Zowie, you know this is a cyclical conversation. We're going to have to agree to (somewhat) disagree.

And I would love to come see your place if I get the opportunity!
Old 08-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #1283
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Quote:
Ah Zowie, you know this is a cyclical conversation. We're going to have to agree to (somewhat) disagree.

And I would love to come see your place if I get the opportunity!
You should! I'll let you sleep on my -possibly- infested couch and meet my hilariously grungy roommate.

And then we'll go get coffee with Surly.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #1284
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Quote:
You should! I'll let you sleep on my -possibly- infested couch and meet my hilariously grungy roommate.
Ugh....what do you have over there? We've got centipedes now, and no, they did not come from my vagina. I think.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #1285
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Ugh....what do you have over there? We've got centipedes now, and no, they did not come from my vagina. I think.
Don't lie. Vagipedes=
Old 08-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #1286
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Quote:
Hahaha, we have wolf-spiders all over the place.

Centipedes... I wouldn't be able to deal with. No creepy crawlies, thank you.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #1287
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
And then we'll go get coffee with Surly.

Hey, that's me!

The halls in my building smell like someone's dinner from 1976!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:23 PM   #1288
Joe944
Aspiring Slacker

Joe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJoe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJoe944 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Centipedes? Wolf spiders?!

We just found out a couple days ago that our landlord has decided not to honor our verbal agreement to stay in the building for another month. We have one week untl we have to be out....

So our small IT department gets to play musical chairs with hundreds of servers so we can keep business going with as little downtime as possible. I'm on day 2 of this crap and cannot wait to be done with it so I can drink myself into a stupor and hopefully erase the memories of it happening in the first place!

PS: Haven't been on here in a while, hope everyone is doing well!
Joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 04:29 AM   #1289
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I took Pumpkin my Maine Coon to the vet today to get some natty dreads cut out and check out a little wound that developed and isn't seeming to go away....and the dr gave me MURICIN...but warned me that it is most likely a tumor that would need to be removed surgically........poor puddy tat and poor poor me (literally)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BeautifulPUMPKIN.jpg (64.6 KB, 86 views)
Old 08-26-2011, 05:31 AM   #1290
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

I've got to do a big food shop this afternoon....and I know a thunderstorm is coming...just waiting for me to go, the bastard! Has to be done though, I've no milk, eggs, bread, butter, only 1 teabag...we're talking the end of civilisation as we know it here! Fucksticks!
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #1291
Broadside

Broadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized rep

Prepping for the hurricane, still fairly certain my apartment is going to flood, if only partially. Bought a trench spade to combat it by digging quick drainage ditches away from my apartment but, it may not allow me to do anything worthwhile depending on conditions.

There's a voluntary evacuation planned for the area, but nothing mandatory yet. I've opted to ride out the storm with the supplies I purchased today.

Sand bags, flashlights, D-batteries, and radios have been picked clean. The line for sandbags at the beach was too long to bother trying to stockpile any and evacuations are already taking place along the beachfront coastline to bother trying.

Sad today, going to be sadder tomorrow, and then really sad come Sunday.

I Know people in NYC too that have opted to ride out the storm with food, books, and water. I don't completely agree with that decision, but it's their call so...
Old 08-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #1292
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
I took Pumpkin my Maine Coon to the vet today to get some natty dreads cut out and check out a little wound that developed and isn't seeming to go away....and the dr gave me MURICIN...but warned me that it is most likely a tumor that would need to be removed surgically........poor puddy tat and poor poor me (literally)
I hope the meds work out and your kitty cat gets healed without surgery.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #1293
Geodetic_Effect

Geodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going onGeodetic_Effect knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
All I've heard of DRACO is pre-clinical, and that it only works on the viruses that produce a certain length of dsRNA. Not all viruses do that, including a lot of cold/flu ones....still, it will be interesting to see how that drug plays out.
I read some more about it. Apparently its the host cell that it goes after. "The drug works by targeting a type of RNA produced only in cells that have been infected by viruses. "In theory, it should work against all viruses," says Todd Rider, a senior staff scientist in MIT's Lincoln Laboratory's Chemical, Biological, and Nanoscale Technologies Group who invented the new technology."
Old 08-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #1294
BLK360

BLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBLK360 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Can't get stereo hearts out of my head. Adam levine, you catchy bastard.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #1295
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK360 View Post
Can't get stereo hearts out of my head. Adam levine, you catchy bastard.

And now I've got Radio heart by the Futureheads stuck in mine...thanks!
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #1296
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadside View Post
Prepping for the hurricane, still fairly certain my apartment is going to flood, if only partially. Bought a trench spade to combat it by digging quick drainage ditches away from my apartment but, it may not allow me to do anything worthwhile depending on conditions.

There's a voluntary evacuation planned for the area, but nothing mandatory yet. I've opted to ride out the storm with the supplies I purchased today.

Sand bags, flashlights, D-batteries, and radios have been picked clean. The line for sandbags at the beach was too long to bother trying to stockpile any and evacuations are already taking place along the beachfront coastline to bother trying.

Sad today, going to be sadder tomorrow, and then really sad come Sunday.

I Know people in NYC too that have opted to ride out the storm with food, books, and water. I don't completely agree with that decision, but it's their call so...
i'm in south jersey and my area is flooding already and we haven't even hit the biggest parts yet. we are suppose to get anywhere from 10-17 inches of rain lol. i got my beer and pizza and even bought a new ps3 game for this weekend to keep me busy. hopefully power don't go out but if it does it looks like it's gonna be some dark risk playing with the nephews lol. best time killer ever
Old 08-27-2011, 04:25 PM   #1297
Surlysomething

MS related heat intolerance.
Old 08-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #1298
Broadside

Broadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized repBroadside has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil BigginZ View Post
i'm in south jersey and my area is flooding already and we haven't even hit the biggest parts yet. we are suppose to get anywhere from 10-17 inches of rain lol. i got my beer and pizza and even bought a new ps3 game for this weekend to keep me busy. hopefully power don't go out but if it does it looks like it's gonna be some dark risk playing with the nephews lol. best time killer ever
Yeah it's not looking good here right now and my backyard is already starting to flood, as long as it gets over into the drainage ditch it won't be so bad but... shit I don't know.

10pm is supposed to bring the pain.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #1299
SlightlyMorbid
Darth Cuddles

SlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this boardSlightlyMorbid carries a lot of weight on this board

Worried about the people I care about and it annoys me I can't do a thing to help them out.

Had to LOL at a friend of mine though

Lorrai: Yeah, we're screwed.
Feyre: Just chain your trailer down, add a few sealed up, empty barrels and tires to it?
Lorrai: You mean the redneck arc?
Feyre: XD Good way of putting it
Lorrai: And any fucking hippy trying to hitch a ride meets the barrel of my shotgun D<

d=_=b Moozik
SlightlyMorbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:43 PM   #1300
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default First Computer Virus

I have a virus on my computer. It started with Security Protection Scareware locking my computer down. I was able to get that removed. Now it does intermittent Google redirects. I've run malwarebytes and tdsskiller, chosen a previral restore point, and have spent a significant amount of time on Bleeping computer.

The really sad part: I have McAfee Antivirus, and Siteadvisor. The site I was on was greenlighted, and it wasn't even porn (for once).

Tags
god hates tags, sad, unhappy