Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Do you tip for take-out?

As an SSBBW, I frequently prefer doing take-out so I can sit in the comfort of my own home instead of uncomfy restaurant chairs. (Only pizza and chinese deliver around here). Do you guys tip when you do take out? I've read conflicting reports on whether or not you should. Do you?

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

They're coming to where you are. If you tip at restaurants, you should tip even better for delivery, so long as they're on time and polite.

If you don't tip at restaurants for good service, then please soak your head in a vat of hot grease.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

I'd only tip for takeout for some special items - if I got takeout Sushi - you have to tip the sushi chef. If they brought everything out to my car, I'd tip. But if it was just a bag of sandwiches, probably no tip.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
They're coming to where you are. If you tip at restaurants, you should tip even better for delivery, so long as they're on time and polite.

If you don't tip at restaurants for good service, then please soak your head in a vat of hot grease.
I'm not talking about either of those, crazy. lol. I'm talking about take-out - where you go pick it up yourself at the counter.

Of course you should tip for eating in and delivery - goes without saying. Take-out is what I'm wondering about.

(I tip 20% or sometimes even more for good service when I'm dining in, about 15% if it's mediocre, and 10% if it's awful).

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
Old 11-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We don't. Not sure what anyone else does!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
I'm not talking about either of those, crazy. lol. I'm talking about take-out - where you go pick it up yourself at the counter.

Of course you should tip for eating in and delivery - goes without saying. Take-out is what I'm wondering about.

(I tip 20% or sometimes even more for good service when I'm dining in, about 15% if it's mediocre, and 10% if it's awful).
Ohhhhhh, misunderstood that.

I don't tip for takeout unless there's a good reason for it, since the tip is usually related to service and that's pretty minimal when you do takeout.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:57 PM   #7
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

I tip for take out but nowhere near what I'd tip for delivery or dine-in. Generally throw in a dollar for a takeout bill up to $40, three bucks any higher.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

I do not tip if I am picking it up.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't tip for take-out. I tip for table service or delivery. I also don't tip at buffets unless the people serve drinks, coffee, etc, but if I get my own drinks and food, I'm not tipping.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:01 PM   #10
Christov
On Timeout

Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This might help.
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:54 AM   #11
Never2fat4me

Never2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticedNever2fat4me never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
Classic Reservoir Dogs scene! That is a great movie.

As for me, I don't normally tip takeout. No rhyme or reason for when I do, but normally it would just be a buck or two that I leave in a tip jar (though I am a bit of a sucker for the "college fund" jars).

Chris
Never2fat4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
But isn't that covered for in the delivery fee?

On a side note. I feel tipping encourages low wages. Why should the customer pay out so the company can save money on wages? I will tip for excellent service but other than that no way.

Last edited by Emma; 11-14-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #13
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post

On a side note. I feel tipping encourages low wages. Why should the customer pay out so the company can save money on wages? I will tip for excellent service but other than that no way.
Its different in England I remember the first time we got pizza delivered and I was so mad at Mike for not leaving a tip....then after a few years here I realised no one does, lol.

As for going to pick it up type food, no I have never tipped. I dont tip at mcdonalds, why the hell would I at a take out? However, for delivery, I would if I was in America Here in the UK sod it! They have delivery charges!
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #14
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

Our local delivery pizza place has a $2 delivery charge, but I still tip about $3 on top of it, or a little more if I get a whole lot of pizza. Hrm. This tipping things is complicated. lol

Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #15
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Our local delivery pizza place has a $2 delivery charge, but I still tip about $3 on top of it, or a little more if I get a whole lot of pizza. Hrm. This tipping things is complicated. lol
Yeah, I read (today, actually) on the Domino's website that delivery charges are different from tips, so they ask you on the site to "tip your delivery person for awesomeness"

Random, but related: In new jersey, do you tip the person that pumps your gas?
Old 11-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #16
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

I asked a couple of Jersey folks at the last bash and they looked at me like I'd lost my mind. LOL. I think the answer is no.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #17
Al Diggy

Location: originally from New York, now a resident of Virginia
Al Diggy has super-sized repAl Diggy has super-sized repAl Diggy has super-sized repAl Diggy has super-sized rep

Quote:
Hrm. This tipping things is complicated. lol

Too true...these days EVERYBODY looks for or wants a tip...so who knows...lol...
Old 11-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If I ordered pizza from a place where real dough is being made and thrown, topped with toppings that were cut or sliced on site, and baked in a traditional pizza oven,.. sure I'll tip. (I frequent one called Rusted Sun )

But if its a pre-fab shop with a conveyor belt that burns the crap out of a thin-n-crispy, that was formed by some machine 1200 miles away.. no.. I'm not even sure why I would do my business there.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:31 PM   #19
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post

That is all well and good in theory, but really, are delivery drivers' wages going to start going up because a few people stop tipping?

-Rusty
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #20
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If they deliver it to me, I tip. Well.

If I pick it up, no tip.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:32 AM   #21
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I tip a buck for take-out. A friend of mine used to work as a hostess, and she said it was nice when people would do that, so she could get a little extra something. In general I try to tip people in serving roles as generously as I'm able (which sometimes isn't much, and other times is). I remember when I worked in food service, a little tip could really make my night; so I don't mind parting with a few bucks for the cause.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:50 AM   #22
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
That is all well and good in theory, but really, are delivery drivers' wages going to start going up because a few people stop tipping?

-Rusty
No, but its not for me to pay someones wages. As BPD said, its different here in England but I think I would feel the same if I lived in the US.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #23
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Fast food that I pick up, no.

Pizza that I pick up, no.

Chinese, Thai, Italian food or any other order that includes multiple items in separate containers (main course, rice, breadsticks, appetizers, sauces, etc.), yes.

If it's a complex order I'm picking up that involves some serious arranging and packaging, then I believe a tip is in order. If it's an order that's simple like dumping items into a bag (Burrito King, etc.) or shoving a pizza into a box, then I don't believe a tip is necessary.

Darn, now I'm hungry for some green curry chicken and crab puffs.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #24
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I tip delivery guys two or three bucks.

At a restaurant, if you get a 15% tip from me, you know you did something wrong. If you get no tip, feel lucky you are still employed.

My standard tip for waitstaff is about 25-30%.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #25
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The in-laws descended on us for lunch, which I picked up from the local Thai restaurant*. It was a fairly complicated order, so I tipped a couple of bucks. The server then volunteered to help me lug it out to my car, which made me very glad I had tipped him.

*Oklahoma Thai food is awesome! You haven't lived until you've had Possum Pad Thai.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote