Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #51
thatgirl08
KNOW IT ALL

thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!thatgirl08 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't tip for takeout unless they have a jar or something near the register where I can throw in my change but that's always less than a buck. As for tipping those who pump your gas.. absolutelyyyy. I can't believe anyone doesn't do that. I don't know about where you guys live but it's fuckin COLD here right now and those people have to stand out there all day. I usually tip about $3.
thatgirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #52
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepreflection View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head but I'll give you an example where tipping at a Starbucks is probably appropriate. Here's an honest to god order from a regular (who was not a nice person btw):

"Double cup, tall, short shot, four pumps of vanilla, skim, no foam, leave an inch of room at the top, 130 degree latte."
I completely agree that a little tip in this case would be appropriate, since most of that doesn't come with an extra cost to the customer.

Generally, I'm fairly generous when I tip. The standard is still 15% for typical service in a full-service restaurant, and I willingly choose to pay more than that almost all the time... but it is my choice, not something that should be expectation. I think about restaurants that add on 18% gratuity for large parties and such, and often my friends and I will leave a little extra cash on the table if someone has obviously gone out of their way for us.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #53
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't tip when I call in an order for pick-up. I don't know that anyone would do that here. At least it's never come up. I think the reason someone would pick up and order is so they don't have to tip. Sometimes there is a tip jar in like a starbucks or a cafe, and if I have change I don't need that day, I throw it in there. I do tip for delivery however regardless of whether or not there is a delivery charge with a bit extra if the wheather is bad. I think most restaurants here only charge a delivery fee over a certain amount or if the distance is more than 20 or 30 blocks.
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 AM   #54
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If you go to the same place over and over, and they know you, hell yeah I sometimes tip when I get take-out, because I want the people preparing my food to associate me with good things, ya know? I worked food service when I was starting out in the work world, and I know what happens to 'good customers'-little extras that make your meal that much better.

For example, the chinese/chicken/subs place near my home where I get take-out, if I'm paying with a credit card, I leave a dollar tip. If I'm paying with cash, I don't leave a tip. They treat me good, and load up my food, so it is worth that extra dollar.

When I lived somewhere else, I used to leave a dollar in the tip jar of a sub shop I really liked. I moved and hadn't been there in months (like almost a year), and when I came in, they remembered me and made up a damn good sub for me. It wasn't like I was in there all the time before, but kindness and a buck go a long way in this world if you enjoy courtesy and friendliness and a good meal.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:52 PM   #55
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If people are receptive to me making a little change to an order, or always say 'hi' when I walk in, yes I'll tip. The dudes who I order sashimi from AT LEAST once a week are all lovely, know exactly what I want, and I always tip a buck or so.

I work in a bar that has a bottle shop (liquor store) attached, and we have a tip jar. There is no obligation, but if i'm busting my ass trying to serve everyone (we're the only bottle shop open after 11pm in the CBD- hence rather 'popular' in the wee hours), with a smile on my face, and answer awkward questions at the same time, a tip never hurts!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #56
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Tipping is much easier if you wait until after dark when the cows are asleep.

(Sorry, just couldn't resist. . . )

- Jim
Old 02-19-2011, 10:35 AM   #57
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

LOL, Smith! The thought of a tipped cow! LOL

I don't feel there is a need to tip the take out cashier. I only tip for delivery people or servers in restaurants. Servers get less than minimum wage, at least where I live; they work very hard.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 02-19-2011 at 10:41 AM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #58
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
LOL, Smith! The thought of a tipped cow! LOL

I don't feel there is a need to tip the take out cashier. I only tip for delivery people or servers in restaurants. Servers get less than minimum wage, at least where I live; they work very hard.
The software here won't let me rep you again, but from your profile,

"I can flip the bitch switch faster than. . ."

Made me LOL. Consider that stolen property.

Sorry for the hijack. Back to the regularly scheduled programing.

- Jim
Old 02-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #59
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

I always tip for take out! A big guy like me loves takeout, I don't really like the hassel of cleaning up after cooking.