Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 11-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Thanksgiving Menus - 2010

I'm down visiting my family, and my mom and I are finalizing what all we are going to make for Thanksgiving this week. I'll post the list when we finish figuring out.

What all is going to be on your Thanksgiving table this year?
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Not feeling up to snuff this year and my youngest daughter is moving into her new house over the holidays so she won't be cooking and no one wants my oldest daughter to cook ( she is not a good cook at all) , We will probably do Chinese food this year. Friday I will be making a Thanksgiving casserole since all the family will be together and a big pot of Chili for Saturday to feed all the hungry movers. Buying pies and assorted snacks, this will be a fairly uncomplicated holiday this year.
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We don't typically have a main course for Thanksgiving but this year i wanted some ooey gooey lasagna. So here's our menu:
lasagna
spinach dip
cheesball
artichoke dip
sweet n sour hotdogs
chips n dip

I don't like most traditional Thanksgiving food. Stuffing, sweet potatoes, that green bean casserole.. meh.. I LOVE Tofurkey though I'm making a couple Tofurkey roasts tonight for dinner
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

For us, this years Thanksgiving theme is.....PIE.

Which means we will be having Pizza Pies for dinner (flavors decided Wednesday), and I'll be making a sampling of pies for desert. So far I have, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato Cheesecake, and Pecan. Need an apple pie too.

I understand this wouldn't work for a lot of people, but our local pizza shop makes the most incredible pizzas, so it's a treat in our house.
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I LOVE Tofurkey though I'm making a couple Tofurkey roasts tonight for dinner
The tofurkey is a noble little beast, and I love it, too. In fact, you have inspired me to hotfoot it over to the health food store and pick up my OWN tofurkey for dinner!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Turkey - 18lb beast I bought tonight *never wait til the last minute there were no smaller ones*
Pickle Rolls *at my daughters request*
Stuffing
Sweet Potatos
Green Bean Casserole
Cranberries
Homemade Rolls
Cranberry Wine

Pumpkin Pie
Dutch Apple Pie

I think that's it..... I dunno... I may add more if the mood strikes.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Grandma's cream of mushroom soup made with wild forest mushrooms

Antipasta

Roast turkey
My 'famous purple' cranberry sausage pecan stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Sweet potato casserole
Def-corn 5 (a cheesy corn rice casserole)
Stuffed shells with meat sauce
String bean casserole (we just look at it. we never actually eat it)
Peas and carrots (we eat this)
Garlic mashed potatoes and Grandma's gravy

Tossed salad w/Dad's homemade vinaigrette (very tart)

Red velvet cake
Cheesecake
Caramel apple crumb pie

Riesling
Baileys Irish Cream

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 11-23-2010 at 08:33 PM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:04 PM   #8
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Turkey
Stuffing
Green Beans Almondine
Sweet Potato and Apple dish
Squash, pecan, parsley dish
Potato Latkes
Cranberry Sauce
Rolls
Olive platter

Kentucky Derby Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Old 11-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #9
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'm having a non-traditional Thanksgiving. I'm going to another single friend's home, after we go see Harry Potter, and we're each making 1 favorite dish. She's making a Lithuanian dish, not sure how to spell it - Kugelis- I guess it's some sort of potato, bacon, onion and egg dish. I'm sure it's delicious, how could it not be with bacon, onions and potatoes in it! I'm bringing French Onion Soup, will serve it with a big thick slice of french bread and swiss and mozzarella cheese melted on top. The only dish I will truly miss having is my dad's stuffing.

I don't know what's for dessert, Rita (the friend) is going to get something for a surprise. I'm not a huge dessert eater, so whatever she gets I will probably be good with.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:20 AM   #10
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'll be alone this Thanksgiving. Mom is going to Paris with her hubs to spend it with his son and grandkids and is bringing what traditional food items she can on the plane because her step-son is craving a traditional T-day dinner.

My kids are for the first time ever going to their father's parent's house for Thanksgiving. It will be...interesting. My former mother-in-law is not known for her cooking...well, she is known for it, but in a "this tastes awful" and "I don't think this is safe to eat" kind of way.

However, for myself I have:

a half-turkey from Trader Joe's
brussel sprouts
mashed taters
stuffing
turkey gravy
rolls & butter

Just the basics this year. Still totally looking forward to it. I also imagine I'll be getting a late evening visit from my sons and any and all leftovers will be consumed then.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:28 AM   #11
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Im not really sure whats on the menu. I'm going to a friends house for Thanksgiving so it should be fun to see what is different and what is the same.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #12
LovelyLiz

I really like everyone's non-traditional Thanksgiving dinners. The traditional items really aren't my favorite foods...but my mom is quite a traditionalist, so since I come to her place for Thanksgiving that's what we get. But it's only once a year so I don't mind it; and she likes it, so that's nice to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post

Antipasta

Roast turkey
Cranberry sauce
Sweet potato casserole

Red velvet cake
Cheesecake
Caramel apple crumb pie

Riesling
Baileys Irish Cream
If you could send me several servings of the above bolded items, that would be great.

Seriously - great list! YUM.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #13
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I forgot to say i'm going to make a couple loaves of banana bread today, pumpkin pie and a no-bake style cherry cheesecake.
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Going to my sister's, if the roads are OK for my bro-in-law to come fetch me. My sister is a much better driver, but she will be elbows deep in the kitchen. I can smell a bit now, and hoping the taste thing is better tomorrow.

Grazing foods before dinner - Big shrimp - variety of creamy and/or stinky cheeses, and probably some of their firm cousins - roasted garlic - various olives, roasted peppers, dips - breads and crackers - wine, pop.

Turkey - brined and basted with a herbtacular white wine and butter concoction
Ham - shank
Mashed potatoes with gravy made from drippings
Haricots verts - beans with an accent
Brussels sprouts
Stuffing formed in muffin pans - I refuse to call them...you know
Fresh cranberry relish - no lines
Cranberry fluff
A voluptuous relish tray
Sweet potato souffle
Simple green salad with lots of vinegar
Crossaints and rolls

Champagne and other wines - hic

Pumpkin bread pudding with caramel and a booze infused vanilla sauce
Pies
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #15
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Pumpkin bread pudding with caramel and a booze infused vanilla saucePies

I want to eat this... any chance you could score and share the recipe???
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM   #16
mossystate

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lypeaches View Post
I want to eat this... any chance you could score and share the recipe???
I was promised this dessert. If my sister comes through/has not torn all her hair out...I will ask her for the recipe.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #17
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow, you Americans do Thanksgiving Food to over-the-top levels.

Haha.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Antipasta

Roast turkey
Cranberry sauce
Sweet potato casserole

Red velvet cake
Cheesecake
Caramel apple crumb pie

Riesling
Baileys Irish Cream
Oh I knew I forgot something:

a spiral Honey Baked Ham.
Apple cider from a local cider mill
Brown Derby cake

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Last edited by CastingPearls; 11-24-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
mossystate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Wow, you Americans do Thanksgiving Food to over-the-top levels.

Haha.
Yeah...ain't over-the-top great ?!?!

Old 11-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #20
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Yeah...ain't over-the-top great ?!?!

It kind of freaks me out, in that...wow, i'd have the worst heartburn ever. And will there be traffic jams because of all the ER visits? Haha. I need to plan for that.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #21
mossystate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
It kind of freaks me out, in that...wow, i'd have the worst heartburn ever. And will there be traffic jams because of all the ER visits? Haha. I need to plan for that.
Yeah, I knew you weren't saying it was a good thing. lol I have never been freaked out by a table of beautiful food, as I don't tend to eat every last bit of every dish. 48 years = many a huge holiday meal...and no trips anywhere with flashing lights.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #22
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

It's the Thanksgiving equivalent of fruitcake! So ...er...what do you do with it, ultimately? And would whatever you do work with fruitcake? I'm thinking ahead here.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #23
Duchess of York
HABETIS BONA DEUM

Duchess of York does more than just post hot picsDuchess of York does more than just post hot picsDuchess of York does more than just post hot pics

I've never tried a ham from there. I'm very tempted though!

Quote:
Oh I knew I forgot something:

a spiral Honey Baked Ham.
Apple cider from a local cider mill
Brown Derby cake
Old 11-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
It's the Thanksgiving equivalent of fruitcake! So ...er...what do you do with it, ultimately? And would whatever you do work with fruitcake? I'm thinking ahead here.
We all take a polite spoonful but ultimately the deer get it all. My dad's never met a fruitcake he didn't like so the fruitcake dilemma has never been in issue in our family. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess of York View Post
I've never tried a ham from there. I'm very tempted though!
They're great. The first time I tried it was years ago when my mom passed away and my company sent over a lot of food from there. I was going through some old things from work a few weeks ago and found some gift certificates from a branch I used to work with so I figured better late than never and made a trip to a local HBH store just in time for Thanksgiving.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 11-25-2010, 07:11 AM   #25
lypeaches

Quote:
I was promised this dessert. If my sister comes through/has not torn all her hair out...I will ask her for the recipe.
Awesome! I'll be patient