Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 12-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Holiday Menus 2010

There are Thanksgiving menu and Christmas Baking threads, how about a Christmas (or whatever you celebrate) and New Years' Menu thread?

What are you making, taking to or serving for all of your holiday gatherings?

Bonus rep for pics!

Here's a rundown of our next couple days:

Christmas Eve Dinner:
Turkey tenderloin roast, gravy, stuffing, onion/poppy seed rolls, beets, asparagus, blueberry pie and a bottle of Riesling

Christmas Day Breakfast: Quiche Loraine

Lunch: Turkey sandwiches (on onion rolls) and tomato soup

Dinner: Hors d'oeuvres! Bacon wrapped scallops, shrimp cocktail, and a spinach artichoke bruschetta type thing. This feels a little skimpy, so I'm probably going to have to suck it up and do the dreaded grocery store on Christmas Eve trip tomorrow. I also bought some whiskey and frozen juice concentrates and will be making frozen whiskey sours.

I have no idea about NYE at this point.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Christmas eve, by Max's request, Broccoli rice
Christmas breakfast: If i can, we're going to buy some cinnamon rolls at a local bakery. If not, probably tofu scramble.
Christmas dinner: Enchiladas, 7 layer dip and cheese ball with triscuits. I got some brie for me to enjoy too. No one else will eat it I'll make it early enough that we can chow on it for the day.
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

Christmas eve - a variation on the 7 fishes

Fried calamari, raw oysters and raw clams, stuffed calamari tubes with tomato sauce, fried smelts, crab rangoon, and cooked shrimp. Brown n serve rolls, squash tomato and rice casserole. beer or cider, cherry vanilla ice cream.

Christmas day - salad, clam chowder, stuffed artichokes, spiral sliced ham with cherry glaze and pineapples. roast beef with horseradish sauce, and gravy. Yorkshire pudding. Rye bread, sweet potato casserole. homemade chocolate cake with strawberries. XY Zin wine from ten year old vines. Egg nog

should be good
Old 12-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My this turned out to be a sad little thread. Thanks for replying Megan and JCAS.

I decided if we stay in town (and we probably will) for NYE, I'm going to bake lasagna with Italian sausage. I bought a new, deep roasting pan I'm anxious to try out.

Now off to drool at the Everyday Food Pics and What Are You Eating Now Threads....

Fleeting Fancies
Old 12-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ooh I missed this thread, so I'll now put what I actually had on Christmas eve and Christmas day.

I had a house guest from Sweden here and Christmas eve is when they celebrate. I made thick cut gammon steaks, with Dauphinoise potatoes, and tenderstem broccoli. Strawberry whipped cream meringues for dessert.

Christmas day breakfast was bacon sandwiches and lots of tea lol.

Dinner was - starter - smoked salmon mousse wrapped in smoked salmon, with prawns, mayonnaise and rocket and cherry tomato salad. Main Course - roast turkey crown (breast) with potatoes roasted in goose fat, mashed potatoes, Dauphinoise potatoes (leftovers), honey and orange glazed roasted parsnips, glazed carrots, petits pois, chipolata sausages wrapped in streaky bacon, sausagement stuffing with sage & onion, bread sauce, gravy, cranberry sauce. Dessert was fresh cream fruit trifle and/or Christmas pudding with custard or whipped cream or pouring cream. This was all accompanied by pink fizzy stuff and then followed by glasses of snowball (Dutch Advocaat mixed with lemonade), and lots of chocolates, tangerines and sundry Christmas goodies. We had an hour between our dinner starter and main course to be able to cope, and dessert many hours later I LOVE Christmas dinner!!!

New Year's day dinner will be Nigella Lawson's coca cola ham which I love love love, with more of those glazed parsnips as they were delicious, and prob more pots. Dauphinoise, as they're my fave potatoes and if Im doing the cooking I get to choose,

Last edited by Ruby Ripples; 12-27-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Ooh I missed this thread, so I'll now put what I actually had on Christmas eve and Christmas day.

I had a house guest from Sweden here and Christmas eve is when they celebrate. I made thick cut gammon steaks, with Dauphinoise potatoes, and tenderstem broccoli. Strawberry whipped cream meringues for dessert.

Dinner was - starter - smoked salmon mousse wrapped in smoked salmon, with prawns, mayonnaise and rocket and cherry tomato salad. Main Course - roast turkey crown (breast) with potatoes roasted in goose fat, mashed potatoes, Dauphinoise potatoes (leftovers), honey and orange glazed roasted parsnips, glazed carrots, petits pois, chipolata sausages wrapped in streaky bacon, sausagement stuffing with sage & onion, bread sauce, gravy, cranberry sauce. Dessert was fresh cream fruit trifle and/or Christmas pudding with custard or whipped cream or pouring cream. This was all accompanied by pink fizzy stuff and then followed by glasses of snowball (Dutch Advocaat mixed with lemonade), and lots of chocolates, tangerines and sundry Christmas goodies. We had an hour between our dinner starter and main course to be able to cope

I LOVE Christmas dinner!!!
Wow. Yummy!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

Oh dear God, Ruby.. did you make all of that? I'm in awe. Sounds absolutely delicious.

Fleeting Fancies
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #8
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
Oh dear God, Ruby.. did you make all of that? I'm in awe. Sounds absolutely delicious.
I bought the salmon mousse parcels, bread sauce, the gravy (shame on me lol), the christmas pudding, trifle and custard ready made just to heat up and the parsnips were frozen ones which I just cooked in the oven. I have a grand total of 14 inches square work space in my kitchen and did it all in that and the top of the stove. Not much fun but Im used to it by now lol. I did cook the turkey crown before everything else and sliced it while other stuff was cooking, as I would have needed two ovens otherwise. I actually felt VERY lazy buying the ready made bread sauce, gravy etc, and found it much easier to cook everything than in recent years. I also now swear by disposable foil oven dishes, so my dishwasher wasnt stuff to the gills afterwards.

And yes, it was quite delish and we're having the last of the turkey in an hour's time for dinner. I think turkey crowns are brilliant as they're so easy to carve and there is no waste whatsoever. I'm actually quite tempted to buy another before they all disappear, as theyre so nice.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #9
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

Dinner was - starter - smoked salmon mousse wrapped in smoked salmon, with prawns, mayonnaise and rocket and cherry tomato salad. Main Course - roast turkey crown (breast) with potatoes roasted in goose fat, mashed potatoes, Dauphinoise potatoes (leftovers), honey and orange glazed roasted parsnips, glazed carrots, petits pois, chipolata sausages wrapped in streaky bacon, sausagement stuffing with sage & onion, bread sauce, gravy, cranberry sauce. Dessert was fresh cream fruit trifle and/or Christmas pudding with custard or whipped cream or pouring cream. This was all accompanied by pink fizzy stuff and then followed by glasses of snowball (Dutch Advocaat mixed with lemonade), and lots of chocolates, tangerines and sundry Christmas goodies. We had an hour between our dinner starter and main course to be able to cope, and dessert many hours later I LOVE Christmas dinner!!!

New Year's day dinner will be Nigella Lawson's coca cola ham which I love love love, with more of those glazed parsnips as they were delicious, and prob more pots. Dauphinoise, as they're my fave potatoes and if Im doing the cooking I get to choose,
That is truly amazing.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I bought the salmon mousse parcels, bread sauce, the gravy (shame on me lol), the christmas pudding, trifle and custard ready made just to heat up and the parsnips were frozen ones which I just cooked in the oven. I have a grand total of 14 inches square work space in my kitchen and did it all in that and the top of the stove. Not much fun but Im used to it by now lol. I did cook the turkey crown before everything else and sliced it while other stuff was cooking, as I would have needed two ovens otherwise. I actually felt VERY lazy buying the ready made bread sauce, gravy etc, and found it much easier to cook everything than in recent years. I also now swear by disposable foil oven dishes, so my dishwasher wasnt stuff to the gills afterwards.

And yes, it was quite delish and we're having the last of the turkey in an hour's time for dinner. I think turkey crowns are brilliant as they're so easy to carve and there is no waste whatsoever. I'm actually quite tempted to buy another before they all disappear, as theyre so nice.
And I am even more impressed you accomplished all that in such a small kitchen! I can relate ... I have 15 inches of work space and have really had to learn the art of balance.