Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ

Old 12-28-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Still interest in this forum?

I notice very little activity in this forum. Is it still of interest?
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm guessing people have just been busy with friends and family over the holidays. Same for a certain private forum here where no one has posted for several days. We're just busy getting our holidays on.

Regardless of how active the forum might be, I think it's an important one to keep around as there is a need for it and so few places around for the net like it.

I could say that about both of them actually. Thanks.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I agree with TFG.

This forum did have a small but active population, then I think it fell below critical mass for keeping conversation going (departures, bannings, people cutting back on their Dims posting time). I suspect that all it would take is a couple of new, active, posters, and the place would look lively again. Heck, I recall long stretches when the BHM/FFA forum was awfully quite (maybe not as quiet as here at the moment, but not that far off), and look at it now!

And even if people are not posting here much, simply having the space available helps send a message of inclusiveness, I think?

Having said all of that, I'm not really the target demographic, so I suppose I am hoping that some of the people who are will speak up, either in support of keeping this board, or else explaining why actually it isn't that big of a deal to them.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I still check it almost every day and it is the only board on this forum about which I can say that. For me, there is very much interest.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:14 PM   #5
SSBBW Katerina
FillOutUrProfileFellas

SSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going on
Thumbs up Indeed, still an interest....

just super busy dealing w/ personal, family & holiday matters.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Nobody

Nobody has said some nice things

I think interest remains. 'tis the season to be distracted, though. Perhaps once the holidays are past things will pick up again?
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #7
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

we're all out donning our LGBTQI apparel.

Last edited by Ample Pie; 12-28-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: ETA this post is awesome and punny. that is all.
Ample Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Please don't remove it I check it everyday.
It is very useful IMO Lord knows we need all the help we can get to help people understand we are just like everyone else.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:05 AM   #9
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Tanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Absolutely

This forum has been a tremendous help for me, it has been a fountain of information and a pillar of strength, It has helped with me coming out not only as pansexual but also being trans

I check it every day

I wish I could offer more to it with interesting helpful posts, hopefully in the future, but I know if I ever need to ask or talk about anything LGBT related there is a home for it here full of wonderful people
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:11 AM   #10
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Im on board with the ones who've stated that they check every day I would hate to see this board go away when it's such a great thing to see around at a time when people are really needing it.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:14 AM   #11
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My two cents: while I at times am troubled by the lack of activity on this forum, it makes me happy beyond belief to see the way it has helped others as they discover themselves in relation to the GLBTQ alphabet soup. I know I could participate more than I have, so perhaps I'll try and find more ways to post here on a regular basis.

Plus, I know it has brought together at least one happy couple. Thats gotta be worth something, right?
Old 12-29-2010, 10:22 PM   #12
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

+1 Butch.
Soo many people need places like this to vent frustrations and be able to ask Q's.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #13
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ample Pie View Post
I still check it almost every day and it is the only board on this forum about which I can say that. For me, there is very much interest.
What she said.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #14
lozonloz

lozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going on

Definately interested, probably the only Forum where I check out every thread as it comes up, because they're all just good.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:54 PM   #15
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ample Pie View Post
What she said.
+2.

10characters.
sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm still interested. This forum has helped me more than you will ever know. Just knowing that it's here makes me feel better. Let's all try and be more active in 2011 so that we can keep this board alive!
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:47 PM   #17
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozonloz View Post
Definately interested, probably the only Forum where I check out every thread as it comes up, because they're all just good.
Ditto for me. Every thread.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:43 AM   #18
CupcakeWhisperer
hom nom nom

CupcakeWhisperer can now change their title

Still here, still queer.
CupcakeWhisperer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
slurpeekell12

slurpeekell12 can now change their title

Definitely still love this forum tho I have difficulty posting cause i only have internet on my phone. Please don't change! Thanks!
slurpeekell12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #20
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks for all the feedback. The forum will stay. Do realize, though, that from an administrator's standpoint I do have to ask these questions. No matter how much a forum was lobbied for, if it's then not being used, it's better to use the bandwidth for something else. So don't be shy and use this forum whenever you have something to say, something to ask, or something to comment on. And I hope you appreciate that there's no spam here and no danger of hater attacks. We work very hard to keep Dimensions a safe environment for all.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. The forum will stay. Do realize, though, that from an administrator's standpoint I do have to ask these questions. No matter how much a forum was lobbied for, if it's then not being used, it's better to use the bandwidth for something else. So don't be shy and use this forum whenever you have something to say, something to ask, or something to comment on. And I hope you appreciate that there's no spam here and no danger of hater attacks. We work very hard to keep Dimensions a safe environment for all.
The part in bold is a bit disingenuous. It costs nothing in server overhead and bandwidth to let an inactive forum stay up. I can see wanting to clear out an inactive forum for the sake of decluttering, but this response is a curious one.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #22
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Agreed and so noted. My mind must have been on the otherwise very real resource issues that affect the site at large.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:58 AM   #23
Leishycat
Dark and scarry

Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!Leishycat keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracii View Post
Please don't remove it I check it everyday.
It is very useful IMO Lord knows we need all the help we can get to help people understand we are just like everyone else.
Why would you want to be just like everyone else? o_O

Deviant diversity for the win! I'd hate to be normal.