Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #26
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can imagine a BBW just staring at the offending FA and dropping him to the floor like the poor Goat...

GIFSoup

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 01-05-2011, 07:53 AM   #27
LordQuas
óreflow Dollar$

LordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 club

Being black and "intimidating" (my gf's words) and usually being one of the few black people around where ever we go keeps this sort of thing to a minimum. Every now and then I catch a guy leering, I usually just act like I don't notice him and give my gf a big hug and kiss. As long as he's just looking then I'm flattered, I'm only going to say something if she tells me she feels uncomfortable and it hasn't happened yet. In my younger days I would be almost certain to blow the guy's spot and directly ask him what the ____ he is looking at.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #28
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonified View Post
I was just asking. Cos' you know, we all have eyes and all react. If your partner, owner of said tits, felt uncomfy, why didn't she tell him to simply piss off, or pull his head in.
Instead of acting all uncomfy & making you save the day & compounding the issue. I don't get that damsel in distress shit at all. If she's got H cup tits, people gonna be looking no matter what, she better toughen up, it's a crazy world.
She might not have done it because some folks are even less comfortable directly confronting this kind of thing than they are being looked at. It's not so much a "damsel in distress" thing as it is a "I don't feel comfortable doing this, can you help?" kind of thing.

Not that what I'm saying has a good chance of registering with you anyways, since you apparently can't concieve of anyone doing something that you wouldn't do- or not doing something that you would. Your comments had me thinking you were a sleazy, creepy dude.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #29
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Maybe just sit next to your girl and stare back at him like we was something truly interesting. Perhaps point out some details about him and whisper. That'd be funny.

This thread is awesome by the way. So many could have should haves AND violent options, while the next time it happens it's probably going to be uncomfortable all over again. Good stuff.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #30
Anm4521

Anm4521 can now change their title

I wish someone was perving on my girl.. cause then that would mean I'd have a girl..lol
Old 01-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #31
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm far more evil than a lot of you, what I REALLY want to do to pervs can't be said in public.

In fact I've told a few fatty collectors that try to add Renee some very VERY hurtful, evil and malicious things that no human should ever say really.

I will say standing up for her and telling (or shoving) a guy to fuck off is the best way to win her confidence and to get pervs off your back though.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #32
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm more inclined to confront a guy who leers when I'm with another guy. When I'm by myself I tend to ignore it or just give a dirty look without saying anything. This may be a skewered view but when I'm with someone and this happens, I feel like the other guy is being disrespectful not to me but to the guy I'm with. Protective instinct I guess. I would be more apt to -- from out of nowhere -- twist my face into a scowl, lean toward the guy and angrily hiss, "EXCUSE me...." before the guy I'm with knows anything is going on. Ghetto, I know. Make the manager throw him out or move him to a shitty table.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
Old 01-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #33
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm very protective of my loved ones, so I'm not beyond confronting someone when they were "leering" or "making fun" of my wife, and or her weight. While she was in the 500-600 pound range she was a beautiful woman, but there are always those who can't seem to resist the urge to make a**es out of themselves, and I for one had no problem turning around and taking issue with them.

As a rule they would shut up, sometimes if there were more than two they'd want to press the issue at which I'd smile. . thinking of how easily I would take them apart should they decide to be so foolish. . Thankfully I never had to do that. . but my wife always knew I'd protect her as well as I could no matter what.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:34 PM   #34
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
She might not have done it because some folks are even less comfortable directly confronting this kind of thing than they are being looked at. It's not so much a "damsel in distress" thing as it is a "I don't feel comfortable doing this, can you help?" kind of thing.
Thats what I mean, if you have huge boobs or a massive arse, are super fat, anything other than average, then you are going to be looked at a lot and often. I believe your comfort vs those you sincerely care abouts comfort, needs to be adressed. If you have the issue, then you had better toughen up and deal with it. It's your shit, no one elses - no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Not that what I'm saying has a good chance of registering with you anyways, since you apparently can't concieve of anyone doing something that you wouldn't do- or not doing something that you would. Your comments had me thinking you were a sleazy, creepy dude.
I don't know nor care really for assumptions or presumptions. They are often incorrect, it's best as i've found to try not to judge the person, but much can be learnt with how people deal with any given situation.

This is a message board, we are from all over the world. The net has shown me that I from a place where we aren't as pc and pussified as others. Funny how that makes you think I am a man, life would have been easier with a penis, sure.

However, in response I can & do easily conceive that heaps of people can and don't do either what they should, or what I wont or should perhaps be doing too.
We are all human, but wtf, I live in reality and fully accept most situations from a point of independant responsibility with a hearty dash of understanding of human nature.
I personally have little tolerance for the manipulative, whingers that perpetuate their own shitty situations, emotionally selfish or over sensitive attention seeking people.

They can & usually do take the fun out of every given situation.

The height of selfishness imo is when your own shit you easily can deal with as an adult affects others (cos you chose not to deal with it) then distresses people you so call care for. Funny way to show you care, stressing out yr partner etc.
In this e-scenario, it's not like the boobs grew overnight & she wasn't familiar with this potential scenario eventuating.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #35
natepogue
King of FAs

natepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized rep

Theres a few ways most guys handle someone mirin their girl. The most common is to get angry and possessive and look for a fight. Another approach is letting the person know that you noticed and think they're stupid for making it so obvious (what the OP did essentially)

But the truly badass approach is to kiss your girl, slap her on the booty, look right at the dude mirin and say one of three lines;
1) You Jelly?
2) You Mad?
3) Come at me bro

Imagine that.

Last edited by natepogue; 01-05-2011 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #36
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hi There!

If your post in this thread is missing it has been moderated. I would like to remind everyone that this is the FA/FFA forum the guidelines are here. This is a protected board. If your post was off topic, baiting, rude, or a non-fa teaching or telling the FA/FFA what they should or should not do/feel/act on/.. it is now gone.

Please keep it on topic.

Regards.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #37
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post
Hi There!

If your post in this thread is missing it has been moderated. I would like to remind everyone that this is the FA/FFA forum the guidelines are here. This is a protected board. If your post was off topic, baiting, rude, or a non-fa teaching or telling the FA/FFA what they should or should not do/feel/act on/.. it is now gone.

Please keep it on topic.

Regards.
I just wanna say ONE thing. If it's inappropriate you can take it away I guess. I think the OP did the right thing. If some chick were to plop into my guy's lap while I was away to the ladies room I would be pissed. I'm the type who is more inclined to stand up for myself but not everyone is like that. I know it's not the polite answer to give here but I have to admit that I'm so used to having to punch and draw for myself that it is sometimes refreshing to have someone else spontaneously do it on my behalf. It feels nice but nothing ruins an evening faster than watching my date being dragged away in handcuffs, or worse if it's me. I'm good for standing up for myself but only to a point. If the other person won't back down my plan B is to call the manager/security over and tell them that SuperMario is in here looking to start something up with me and my date. I only wish my dates thought the same way. It becomes an honor issue but to me it's just a waste of what would have otherwise been a nice time together.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

@~;~~
Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 PM   #38
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordQuas View Post
Being black and "intimidating" (my gf's words) and usually being one of the few black people around where ever we go keeps this sort of thing to a minimum. Every now and then I catch a guy leering, I usually just act like I don't notice him and give my gf a big hug and kiss. As long as he's just looking then I'm flattered, I'm only going to say something if she tells me she feels uncomfortable and it hasn't happened yet. In my younger days I would be almost certain to blow the guy's spot and directly ask him what the ____ he is looking at.

Just a nice simple gesture speaks volumes

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
Old 01-07-2011, 03:33 AM   #39
kioewen

kioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot picskioewen does more than just post hot pics

For some perspective:

http://www.thestar.com/article/85212...reflex-for-men

The salient point:

Quote:
For genetically preprogrammed men, the offence is as involuntary and natural as breathing, says brain researcher, neuropsychiatrist and author Louann Brizendine...

“It's a reflex that's built into the brain circuits,” she said in an interview. “At its core biological basis, it's unfair to criticize men for that initial unconscious circuitry.”

In light of this, male ogling must henceforth be considered genetic destiny rather than anti-social creepiness.
Something to consider in the next such circumstance.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #40
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
For some perspective:

The salient point:

Sounds like a Twinkie defense to me. I mean there's 'he's looking at me' and then there's 'omg help me richard.' People look at other people all the time. I think most women and men know when someone is clearly crossing the line.

@~;~~
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #41
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Humans can override their natural reflexes though. I once listened to a male friend argue the case that men should not be reprimanded for cheating because it was in their genetic code to spread their seed. But humans aren't like other animals - we are self-aware and have a much more complicated social/relationship structure than a bunch of monkies screwing around the jungle. In my opinion, the only way 'nature' can be used as a defense is if the person is mentally impared or, somehow, very primitive/socially challenged.

Civilised humans don't get to disrespect each other just because a deeply buried reflex wants us to.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #42
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonified View Post
Thats what I mean, if you have huge boobs or a massive arse, are super fat, anything other than average, then you are going to be looked at a lot and often. I believe your comfort vs those you sincerely care abouts comfort, needs to be adressed. If you have the issue, then you had better toughen up and deal with it. It's your shit, no one elses - no?
So because someone is fat which is considered outside of our societal norms they should get used to being stared at? And the same goes for people who are wheelchair bound, missing a limb, have hair loss, or are cross eyed??? All those things are outside of societies norms. Seems kind of cold and lacking in compassion to me. My mother taught me not to stare when I was little because it was rude and hurtful. I'm pretty sure most people learned that "rule" as they were growing up. It's a valid one because honestly there is no such thing as "normal" in society. Someone can always find something weird or unusual about someone else and then use it in order to make that someone feel uncomfortable about themselves.

Yes, people who look very different from what we are used to might garner an extra long look or glance. You might even find yourself staring. We all do it. The difference comes when you CHOOSE to continue to stare once you realize you've made the other person uncomfortable. That's exactly what the man did to the OP's girlfriend. He was rude and hurtful purposefully. That is not justifiable. Not even with the "well, you're outside of the norm so get used to it" argument.

Personally, I don't know how to solve those types of situations. What I do is try to not let them eat at my self esteem...which is hard. Sometimes I ignore it but that rarely helps. Sometimes I stare back and that usually does the trick. When I'm feeling rather feisty I will mock them in return. A friend of my will call people out to their face right then and there. I admire her for that level of toughness.

Either way, I do agree with the point that it is for the stare-ee to stand up to the starer. Friends, family, boyfriends defending your honor is wonderful but doing it for yourself gives you back that sense of self worth the other person is attempting to take away.

Last edited by NancyGirl74; 01-07-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #43
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingAmy View Post
Humans can override their natural reflexes though. I once listened to a male friend argue the case that men should not be reprimanded for cheating because it was in their genetic code to spread their seed. But humans aren't like other animals - we are self-aware and have a much more complicated social/relationship structure than a bunch of monkies screwing around the jungle. In my opinion, the only way 'nature' can be used as a defense is if the person is mentally impared or, somehow, very primitive/socially challenged.

Civilised humans don't get to disrespect each other just because a deeply buried reflex wants us to.
Y'know, if he read the same article I did (it was a few years ago that I read it, I admit), I recall something about some animals also having a tendency to cheat, and their mates occasionally putting them "in the doghouse", for lack of a better term.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:39 AM   #44
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kioewen View Post
For some perspective:

The salient point:

This is very insulting and diminishing to men, assuming that they are not in control of their baser instincts. It is also untrue. There is a major difference between discreetly appreciating someone's beauty and flat-out ogling. We all know the difference. I think that men (and women) who are caught ogling are very well aware of what they are doing and they choose behave overtly.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:47 AM   #45
frankman
The Eternal Cowboy

frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!frankman keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
This is very insulting and diminishing to men, assuming that they are not in control of their baser instincts. It is also untrue. There is a major difference between discreetly appreciating someone's beauty and flat-out ogling. We all know the difference. I think that men (and women) who are caught ogling are very well aware of what they are doing and they choose behave overtly.
Well, it fits this thread then, since for some reason the premise here is that the women in question cannot fend for themselves.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:14 AM   #46
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankman View Post
the premise here is that the women in question cannot fend for themselves.
When two people are together for a long time you know how your partner reacts to things and how they probably feel about things. My wife is an old school girl, she is all about having her door held and all the trappings of old school chivalrous behavior. Crystal would have never said or done anything to the guy, it was my responsibility to make the situation more comfortable for her. She isn't upset about me taking action, she just didn't feel confident enough in her attractiveness that she would cause such a reaction from a stranger and wasn't certain that she interpreted the situation correctly.