Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 01-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
paperman921

paperman921 can now change their title
Default What being an FA means to you

Over the last few years I've been thinking about my FAness and what it means to me. I don't try to come to any conclusions because I don't think I will ever. I am still very young and was hoping for some insight ( especially from the older FA's) what has your FAness means to you now compared to when you were younger? Or generally what it means to you now?

I know these questions are rather vague but I was hoping to spark some conversation about anything really.
paperman921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

it's a small part of who i am that influences who i'm attracted to. it's also lead me to get a little bit involved in size acceptance. that's pretty much it.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
joswitch
Exile from Main Board

joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!joswitch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Right now? Being somewhere where I am totally unattracted to 99.9% of the chicks around here... Bummer...

But hey, the sun shone today! And I swam in the sea! Woot!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Being a fat admirer is ingrained into my perception and viewpoints, the way I handle myself around others, the way I take care of the fat women that I love and admire (to the best of my ability) and those others that I am able to cater to, and it's about being attracted to (emotionally and sexually) a body type that is not only the most beautiful and feminine, but also inherently fulfilling.
At least that's what it is to me.

I like to take care of the people that I love in any way that I can.
I try to make everything easier for them. I try to get them what they need. I try to make them feel comfortable. I try to make them feel special and beautiful. This is especially true for those females close to me that are fat. ... I think I also have a tad bit of inspiration for the fat males in my life too.
There's so much involved in all of this that I cannot possibly summarize it more than that. It expands into much more involved and deeper territory, of which I would have to compose a lengthy post and lifelong explanation of every way it impacts my life.

In short, it's just a very defining characteristic of who I am, that can be represented by my actions, my emotions, my connections and my attraction.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
Christov
On Timeout

Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Christov has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It means I like fat chicks, the end.

There are more important characteristics to define me by than my sexual preference.
Christov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
patmcf

patmcf has super-sized reppatmcf has super-sized reppatmcf has super-sized reppatmcf has super-sized rep

Hello paperman,

I was going to write a long response. However, I think the answer to your question is as simple as letting you know that being an FA is just about being who you are. Embrace it and let it develop on your own terms. Good luck friend.
patmcf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
paperman921

paperman921 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmcf View Post
Hello paperman,

I was going to write a long response. However, I think the answer to your question is as simple as letting you know that being an FA is just about being who you are. Embrace it and let it develop on your own terms. Good luck friend.
Well said I like this response
paperman921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patmcf View Post
Hello paperman,

Epic post, Pat.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christov View Post
It means I like fat chicks, the end.

There are more important characteristics to define me by than my sexual preference.
This. Absolutely this.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:36 AM   #10
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I feel it is a part of who I am. When I was younger I kind of hit both extremes of being closeted (In the beginning when I was... 12 lol), and being a maniac about it. For me it's best to be in the middle (which is where I am now), because I feel I have many traits about me that make me unique.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:46 AM   #11
musicman
I hate fat-haters!

musicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging inmusicman makes people happy simply by logging in

OP: Here is a similar thread, with some interesting responses. It's worth reading if you haven't already:

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=66204
Old 01-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #12
natepogue
King of FAs

natepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized repnatepogue has super-sized rep

it means i'm a badass
natepogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:12 PM   #13
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperman921 View Post
Over the last few years I've been thinking about my FAness and what it means to me. I don't try to come to any conclusions because I don't think I will ever. I am still very young and was hoping for some insight ( especially from the older FA's) what has your FAness means to you now compared to when you were younger? Or generally what it means to you now?

I know these questions are rather vague but I was hoping to spark some conversation about anything really.
I puzzled over my FAness when I became sexually aware (and actually before that). It took me a few years to figure out what it meant to me, that it wasn't just the sexual fantasies and fascination with fatness, but what I wanted and needed in real life. After I realized that, I never looked back.

What does my FAness mean to me compared to when I was younger? Well, when I was a teen and young man, I fantasized a lot about it all, and fantasies can be very delicious. However, reality is more delicious yet, and having a fat partner in my life turned out a wonderfully fulfilling experience, one that just never got old. The sexual fantasies and all give way to the comfort and closeness of real life (though they never go away and you get to enjoy them with your partner), but I never lost the awe I experience when looking at, holding and feeling a fat partner.

To me, my FAness was, is, and will likely always be a complete, and completely fulfilling experience, one that shaped my life, and one that I'd never want to miss.

Last edited by Webmaster; 01-05-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not even sure I AM an FA -- more of a WA, perhaps (where W variously stands for Woman, Wit, Wisdom, and/or Wackiness). In my experience, larger
women score high on most of these W's. I don't know if it is because those whose body doesn't fit the current style tend to develop other aspects of their personalities. Or perhaps better nutrition builds better brains. For whatever reason, I enjoy larger women, not only for aesthetic reasons, but for their complexity and depth.*

*Which can also be found in smaller packages. Choose the one that fits YOUR life style.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #15
Adrian
??

Adrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging inAdrian makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Re: What being an FA means to you

Being an FA to me means, my luck has not changed!! I discover at place (on the Internet) where there are bunches of pretty faces and, I am NOT available! It wish there was something like this when I was single.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:30 AM   #16
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
I puzzled over my FAness when I became sexually aware (and actually before that). It took me a few years to figure out what it meant to me, that it wasn't just the sexual fantasies and fascination with fatness, but what I wanted and needed in real life. After I realized that, I never looked back.

What does my FAness mean to me compared to when I was younger? Well, when I was a teen and young man, I fantasized a lot about it all, and fantasies can be very delicious. However, reality is more delicious yet, and having a fat partner in my life turned out a wonderfully fulfilling experience, one that just never got old. The sexual fantasies and all give way to the comfort and closeness of real life (though they never go away and you get to enjoy them with your partner), but I never lost the awe I experience when looking at, holding and feeling a fat partner.

To me, my FAness was, is, and will likely always be a complete, and completely fulfilling experience, one that shaped my life, and one that I'd never want to miss.
I really like this post. It is very sincere.

Could not rep you. I hope someone will rep you for me.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #17
Cactus

Cactus has said some nice things

My being an FA used to mean an awful lot to me. Back in Middle School, it meant that I was self-conscious, and afraid other kids would find out and make fun of me. I was scared to date girls because I knew if I dated one of the few fat girls in the school I would face ridicule, but I was scared if I dated a thin girl that I wouldn't be into her, which presented a whole new set of problems.

As I grew older and my pimples went away, I realized that being an FA doesn't have to define you any more than any other attribute you have. I was raised Jewish, but that just means I celebrate Hanukkah instead of Christmas. I'm very liberal on social issues, which just means that I vote for certain people on election day. I don't let these traits define me or bring me down, if anything I celebrate them because they make me who I am. That isn't to say that I ignore them, quite the contrary, but I'm not down with the concept of defining myself by checking boxes. And, if my friends don't like it then they aren't really my friends.

I like having a confident SSBBW bounce me around like a toy and having a big belly push the air out of my lungs. There! I said it! But it's irrelevant to anyone who isn't said angel taking my breath away.
Cactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosh View Post
I really like this post. It is very sincere.

Could not rep you. I hope someone will rep you for me.
I repped him for you.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #19
That Guy You Met Once

That Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I'm at that stage now.

I'm sure it's what I want in my life, but whether or or not it's a need is to be determined.

But at this point, it doesn't mean much of anything to me beyond who I'm attracted to. Like Christov, there are much more important things in my life. But that'll change a bit when I start seeing someone, at which point I'll amend this.

Last edited by That Guy You Met Once; 01-27-2011 at 10:17 PM.
That Guy You Met Once is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #20
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventy-Seven View Post
I'm at that stage now.

I'm sure it's what I want in my life, but whether or or not it's a need is to be determined.

But at this point, it doesn't mean much of anything to me beyond who I'm attracted to. Like Christov, there are much more important things in my life. But that'll change a bit when I start seeing someone, at which point I'll amend this.
You'll find out soon enough whether it's an infatuation or one of your life's basic needs and desires.

About the more important things in life, it's a bit like the questions my son used to ask me when he was little: "What do you like better, chocolate or going to the movies?" and similar. I had to tell him that I liked both, wouldn't want to do without either, even though none were as important as, say, having a job or a home. There are different degrees of important, and most are not mutually exclusive.

In my life, I found that it became very important for me to figure out where I stood with my being a FA, and I am very, very glad I did.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #21
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
In my life, I found that it became very important for me to figure out where I stood with my being a FA, and I am very, very glad I did.
I am very glad you did, too.

The courage to find your own truth and live it out loud paved the way for a lot of other people to do the same. Thank you.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:22 PM   #22
_broshe_
*SIGH*

_broshe_ does more than just post hot pics_broshe_ does more than just post hot pics_broshe_ does more than just post hot pics

What does being an FA mean to me?

usually all good things . Wouldn't give up the soft hugs, the wonderful cuddles, and beautiful women for anything. Did I mention the beautiful curves

...although a bit ticked or the moment...

somebody decided they needed a discount on Lane Bryant pants tonight and guess who doesn't have a fricking lane bryant card... YEP I'm fricking approved for a credit card... worth 750 mind you

oh well...

guess I can find some sexy things for her to try on :P
_broshe_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #23
KFD
I am Ironman

KFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 clubKFD is a member of the 500 club

It means I don't cave in to what society defines as 'normal/acceptable/beautiful'. I am a free thinker who is not to follow instinct.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #24
That Guy You Met Once

That Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging in

Well, I'm definitely sure that I'm an FA for the long haul, since infatuations usually don't last 8 years. And yes, I am very open about it.

What I don't know yet is how well I'd get along in a relationship with a "normal-sized" girl, or if having a girl that "pleases my FAism" is more important to me than compatibility in other ways.

But yeah, I forgot that I completely agree with KFD: It's made me a lot more rebellious against standards of beauty in general, which I consider both a good (FAism could be the new punk) and bad (I don't get along with most people as well and my dating choices are much more limited) thing.
That Guy You Met Once is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #25
Gentleman Zombie

Gentleman Zombie can now change their title

It's means I'd prefer one 300 pound woman over three 100 pound women.