Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-04-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
great bear

great bear has said some nice things
Default Five Guys

Any one else been to Five Guys for burgers? They are unbeliveable and thier cajun spice fries are outstanding.
great bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #2
Missy9579
Formerly BigCutieViolet!

Missy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging in

Just ate lunch there a few hours ago...my second time going.

We had cajun fries last time, they were good.

The food is huge...so be careful what you order..if you order a regular burger it is a double burger, I can only do the baby burger...

Also, the size of the fry orders are enormous!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:16 PM   #3
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Must be a regional thing because I have never heard of them. :-(

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:38 PM   #4
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleButtBabe View Post
Must be a regional thing because I have never heard of them. :-(
There's one in Mesquite now. If you ever come down, we'll go.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There's one in Scranton. The portions ARE very generous. I can't eat a regular--I get the baby bacon cheeseburger and have to share an order of fries but the food is unbelievably good and fresh.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bacon cheese dog, bacon cheeseburger (the double) with ketchup and mayo, and fries would be mah order. mmmmmmmmmmmm...
Old 01-05-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I know people LOVE this place, but I remain unimpressed. Maybe it's because I don't like my fresh burgers well done. They won't cook med rare. I take people there when they visit because I know everyone but me loves it.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I know people LOVE this place, but I remain unimpressed. Maybe it's because I don't like my fresh burgers well done. They won't cook med rare.
Pretty much what she said about the burgers.
I got sucked in by the novelty of choosing all the toppings I want. Even with all those toppings, it is sort of blah. If I am with a group and we end up there, I get the veggie burger (so not me but their crappy beef causes me to do horrible things). They throw all the veggie like toppings on the grill and drown them in cheese. It is so good.

I used to really really like the fries there. Loved the fresh cut but lately they are so blah. I don't know what has changed.

There have been many other fresh made to order burger spots popping up around me. I stick with them. 5 guys is usually my last choice.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #9
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I know people LOVE this place, but I remain unimpressed. Maybe it's because I don't like my fresh burgers well done. They won't cook med rare. I take people there when they visit because I know everyone but me loves it.
That's pretty much my opinion, also. The chain was started around here (Northern Virginia) and has been very successful. The fries don't suck.

Local, independent places are my favorites. Besides liking to support local businesses, they usually have the most awesome burgers.

When I want a REAL burger, I go to Carytown Burgers & Fries.

Of course, that won't be of much use to you if you don't live near Richmond.

You can always click on their menu and drool.

Their fish and chips are to die for. . .

- Jim
Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 PM   #10
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
There's one in Mesquite now. If you ever come down, we'll go.
Okay..I am coming down in the Spring so we can spend the day together,no shopping tho!

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:21 PM   #11
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There's one very near me. I've yet to try it, but one of these days I definitely will.

I assume they might have some pretty awesome cheese fries? Hoping so anyway.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 AM   #12
ThinkingFA

ThinkingFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesThinkingFA can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Can't disagree on the well done thing. I like Five Guys in spite of it. To my taste their burgers are juicy and beefy. The fries are the best I've ever had - even compared to when McPtomaine's still cooked theirs in animal fat.
ThinkingFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

i have never went but want to go so bad.i hear that there burgers taste incredibly good. i don't think there is one in my area though.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #14
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

well they just opened one where i live and the burgers and fries are great! they give you alot and there food taste good.i would definitly go back. only thing i would say is that there burgers need aliitle more seasoning but that;s my only complaint.lol other then that greatness!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #15
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Agreed with the meh crowd. Make mine Fuddruckers that will let me order the "doneness" of the patty.

Ps. And I get to put as many pickles on it as I want.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #16
Diane
On Timeout

Diane can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDiane can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Love the fries but can't beat Culver's for burgers here.

Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #17
GettingHeavierFL

GettingHeavierFL has said some nice things
Smile

Saw an article a few days ago (sorry, can't remember where I read it, Yahoo maybe) it was a list of "The worst things you can eat at restaurants" (Worse meaning high calorie and fattening)

Five Guys Cajun Fries were #4 on the list. About 1,400 calories per order (not counting the extra scoop they throw in the bag).

No wonder those fries taste to darn good! Wonder what the calorie count goes up to when I add my Double Bacon Cheeseburger with Extra bacon and Mayo?

Mmmmmm, if they weren't closed for the night, I'd go get one right now
GettingHeavierFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:00 AM   #18
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default It really depends on your basis of comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleButtBabe View Post
"Must be a regional thing because I have never heard of them. :-("
I'd never heard of them either until I lived upstate a few years ago. And now they've just popped up in the Hudson Valley.

I mean, it's all relative. I definitely think there's a better burgers out there, even at some of the less-expensive independent burger-stand type-places. But in this day & age when McDonald's & Burger King are no longer cooking the beef to order, it's easy to see why something like this presents a certain novelty and evokes nostalgia for "the good old days."

I, personally, like it. I like eating the peanuts while you wait. I like the way the hot dogs are split down the middle. I like the iced tea with real lemons. I would certainly prefer it to any of the major burger fast-food chains, where you'd easily spend the same amount of money for, relatively, the same amount of food.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #19
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have had them and they are pretty good,but for my money the best chain place for a burger and fries is and will always be my hometown favorite Whataburger double meat,double cheese all the way with bacon and grilled jalapenos.And yes I have been to Culver's,and In and Out,and pretty much any chain place in th US.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:40 AM   #20
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
I'd never heard of them either until I lived upstate a few years ago. And now they've just popped up in the Hudson Valley.

I mean, it's all relative. I definitely think there's a better burgers out there, even at some of the less-expensive independent burger-stand type-places. But in this day & age when McDonald's & Burger King are no longer cooking the beef to order, it's easy to see why something like this presents a certain novelty and evokes nostalgia for "the good old days."

I, personally, like it. I like eating the peanuts while you wait. I like the way the hot dogs are split down the middle. I like the iced tea with real lemons. I would certainly prefer it to any of the major burger fast-food chains, where you'd easily spend the same amount of money for, relatively, the same amount of food.

the peanuts are awesome.