Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 AM   #1
LordQuas
¢reflow Dollar$

LordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 club
Default Belly play

Ladies, how did it make you feel the first time you realized that men were attracted to more than just your face, chest, or behind? My love of tummies has drawn just about every negative reaction and a select few positive ones and I've always speculated as to why this is. The best Ive been able to come up with is that because the tummy is such a huge area of focus in Western culture, particularly for women, that having a big one is the most in-your-face sign of being "obese" and therefore negative.

Am I far off in that assessment? My gf has come so far in the time we've been dating (about 15 months) but I dont think she'll ever truly be "OK" with how much I love her belly, I just want more insight as to why that may be.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Tummys are considered ugly. A woman who is not pregnant is expected to have a small bellie. Wide hips and a little belly are a 'preferred' look for most women and I too love the look of that sharp curve from waist to broad hip and bottom. Big tummies are impossible to hide, they tend to be harder to dress and they get even bigger after a large meal I really love mine though. I like it squishy, I like it hard when I've eaten too much. I love how deep my belly button is and the way the fat rolls on either side of it are almost perfectly symmetrical. I love the way it looks in wrap dresses - and there's nothing quite like a pile of cleavage perched above a lovely, silky, round tummy. Fat tummies on other woman are a delight. I love the flat, broad ones, the big round firm ones, the gravity defying ones, the doubles and triple stack. They are beautiful to look at and even nicer to grope or sleep on. Big, happy tummies are absolutely the way forward
Old 01-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #3
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default TummyLove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
Tummys are considered ugly. A woman who is not pregnant is expected to have a small bellie. Wide hips and a little belly are a 'preferred' look for most women and I too love the look of that sharp curve from waist to broad hip and bottom. Big tummies are impossible to hide, they tend to be harder to dress and they get even bigger after a large meal I really love mine though. I like it squishy, I like it hard when I've eaten too much. I love how deep my belly button is and the way the fat rolls on either side of it are almost perfectly symmetrical. I love the way it looks in wrap dresses - and there's nothing quite like a pile of cleavage perched above a lovely, silky, round tummy. Fat tummies on other woman are a delight. I love the flat, broad ones, the big round firm ones, the gravity defying ones, the doubles and triple stack. They are beautiful to look at and even nicer to grope or sleep on. Big, happy tummies are absolutely the way forward
Great post, Tau! I'll try to remember to come back and "get ya" when my Repper's done charging!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM   #4
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

Society has made us women believe that our tummies should be flat and look no other way. If your not a size 0 supermodel then its unacceptable. When you find a man that loves your belly for just the way it is, that is something hard to come to terms with, or it was for me. So glad there are some good men out there
Old 01-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #5
blueeyedevie

blueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot picsblueeyedevie does more than just post hot pics

For me tummy play is not the problem. I have never had issue with the idea that my tummy is a turn on for some . It's when that is all there is . By this I mean some can get so zoomed in on the one thing they love. They forget about the beautiful women that carries that belly around and her needs to be told as much and loved all over equal to her tummy!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:39 AM   #6
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think it's hard for us rounder girls to realize that there are people who are attracted to our tummies because our whole lives we are taught that we aren't good enough because we aren't thin enough. We're only supposed to be happy when we're skinny.

Another reason is that because usually our tummies are what the boys balk away at. They aren't attracted to it, so why should anyone else be?!? But my first FA really taught me a lot about accepting myself for the curvy, sexy, beautiful, fat girl that I am.

Love, Emily
1love_emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #7
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedevie View Post
By this I mean some can get so zoomed in on the one thing they love. They forget about the beautiful women that carries that belly around and her needs to be told as much and loved all over equal to her tummy!
*raises hand*

There needs to be an AA-type group for such people. Or, y'know, a swift kick works just as well.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
Fletcher Harrison

Fletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot pics

My beautiful wife is still coming to terms with the fact that her belly isn't the enemy. I blame society.
Fletcher Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #9
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

To answer the question at the start of your post, OP, it made me feel awesome. I have dated guys who were NOT into the belly at all, but into other things, and I always felt a little like crap when they would basically avoid it while touching everywhere else. So when I date a guy who enjoys touching my whole body, including my belly (and you can tell by the way a guy touches you how much he is enjoying your body), I really like it.

Just like others have said, it needs to be one item on the menu and not the whole menu. But if it's ignored, I do feel a bit self-conscious actually; whether that's fair or not, I dunno.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I first discovered Dims, nothing shocked me more than the realisation that big tummys were considered attractive. I'd always assumed the attraction would lay in large brests/hips/bums - the usual, etc, and it actually kind of horrified me. My belly was always the thing I most loathed about myself growing up and had never heard of it being regarded as something sexual, so it took a long time to get used to seeing men go wild over tummies on this site. Absurdly, but understandably, considering how everyone gets conditioned growing up in this culture, I couldn't understand it at all and found it quite repulsive.

Now I've hung around here and other FA/BBW sites I appreciate the whole concept a lot more. I've also come to regard my own and other people's tummys as sexy and beautiful, and really enjoy belly play. It's sensual and uplifting to know every part of me can be seen as something good. I can't tell you how much my confidence has improved knowing the thing I most disliked about myself isn't so bad afterall!
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #11
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It feels wonderful and freeing.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I see belly play as kinda like a cat playing with string:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lPvURxF1Q
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
bigjayne66
Belly Queen

bigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot picsbigjayne66 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingAmy View Post
When I first discovered Dims, nothing shocked me more than the realisation that big tummys were considered attractive. I'd always assumed the attraction would lay in large brests/hips/bums - the usual, etc, and it actually kind of horrified me. My belly was always the thing I most loathed about myself growing up and had never heard of it being regarded as something sexual, so it took a long time to get used to seeing men go wild over tummies on this site. Absurdly, but understandably, considering how everyone gets conditioned growing up in this culture, I couldn't understand it at all and found it quite repulsive.

Now I've hung around here and other FA/BBW sites I appreciate the whole concept a lot more. I've also come to regard my own and other people's tummys as sexy and beautiful, and really enjoy belly play. It's sensual and uplifting to know every part of me can be seen as something good. I can't tell you how much my confidence has improved knowing the thing I most disliked about myself isn't so bad afterall!
Totally agreeable post,Amy.
I absolutely love having my belly rubbed,kissed,and played with...and there is a lot to play with
bigjayne66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
Oldtimer76
Returned

Oldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this board

I'm happy to read that you girls have realized that you are all beautiful!
Old 01-17-2011, 02:57 AM   #15
BigGirlSea

BigGirlSea has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
To answer the question at the start of your post, OP, it made me feel awesome. I have dated guys who were NOT into the belly at all, but into other things, and I always felt a little like crap when they would basically avoid it while touching everywhere else. So when I date a guy who enjoys touching my whole body, including my belly (and you can tell by the way a guy touches you how much he is enjoying your body), I really like it.

Just like others have said, it needs to be one item on the menu and not the whole menu. But if it's ignored, I do feel a bit self-conscious actually; whether that's fair or not, I dunno.
You said it perfectly! I totally agree! And for me I don't mind if it's a large part of the menu - because I enjoy it so much!!
BigGirlSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:32 AM   #16
asmodeus

asmodeus has said some nice things

This and other posts puts it well for men turned on by women's tummies. But how about the other way round? I am a man with a big tummy and love it to be a positive focus. Do any ladies (fat or not) get turned on by men's big tummies in lovemaking?
asmodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #17
b0nnie

b0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging in

I still haven't met someone who is into my belly. The guys I've been with have touched every part of me but my belly, it always makes me feel a bit crappy...I always thought I was alone in feeling like that.

I actually look forward to being with a man that likes my tummy as much he does the rest of me.
b0nnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:42 PM   #18
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordQuas View Post
Ladies, how did it make you feel the first time you realized that men were attracted to more than just your face, chest, or behind?
Surprised and confused, honestly. I'm so used to men only showing interest in my breasts, than when I got involved with someone who was all about my ass it threw me right out of kilter. He was showing the same amount of attention to my butt that others had showed to my boobs, but it just felt weird. I adjusted to it, but it really messed with my head for a bit. I couldn't help but think "what's wrong with my boobs?? and the rest of me??"

I didn't know how attractive some thought big thighs, bellies, arms (and everything else) was too until I came here. As much as I've wanted to have someone find all of me attractive, I guess I never really put it together that of course someone would find big bellies sexy.

My confidence has taken a nosedive over the last few years (putting myself on hold while adjusting to being a mum, and a single one at that), and I'm really getting it back now. I'll have to wait until I'm involved with someone into bellies to see how easy it will be to adjust to them loving mine. Hopefully, it'll be very easy, especially now I know how hot a lot you folks find them!
Old 02-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #19
weightedalternatives
Weighted Alternatives

weightedalternatives can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesweightedalternatives can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
Surprised and confused, honestly. I'm so used to men only showing interest in my breasts, than when I got involved with someone who was all about my ass it threw me right out of kilter. He was showing the same amount of attention to my butt that others had showed to my boobs, but it just felt weird. I adjusted to it, but it really messed with my head for a bit. I couldn't help but think "what's wrong with my boobs?? and the rest of me??"
My new hubby is so interested in my belly, that I don't think anything else about me turns him on. Only that. I find it very discouraging and when I mentioned it the other day, he stopped touching me all together. He only gets excited if my belly is involved somehow. I honestly now don't think he is turned on by me at all other than having a big belly. I feel as if I could just be a belly laying there and he'd be happy. It's as if he's having sex with something else, not me, like I'd be interchangeable with any belly out there. Perhaps it is me and my sensitivities. I love that he loves me as I am, but the rest of me feels completely neglected. Is this common? Am I the only one who feels a little objectified in this way?
Old 02-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #20
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

When my boyfriend and I first started seeing each other, I was really weirded out by his attraction to my belly more than my face/boobs/bum (like my last boyfriends) and we did actually have a quarrel quite early into the relationship about the fact that I hated my body the way it was and I think I upset him and made him guilty about the fact he likes girls who are big and he didn't like the fact he liked something about a girl that she hated about herself.

His last girlfriend he showered with love, but she never saw herself as beautiful cos she was big.

Over the months though I've definately gotten used to him playing with my belly, loving it, and I guess with him loving it as much as he does - i've come to love my belly as much :]

I guess some people never get over how big they are - i guess it's cos of the world we live in, you get people who are intolerable assholes, and as much as we like to ignore horrible insults from people - it does hurt all the same. I guess it's easier for me to make the transaction from hating my belly to loving it cos I generally don't give a shit about people say anymore lol.