Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 01-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Smile Self Confidence Playlist - add your jams!

I'm a girl who lives on her iPod. I have a playlist for almost everything! Except, I realized I don't have one for self confidence anthems. I feel that everyone needs a playlist of those - a song they can listen to when they need a pick-me-up.

So, I'll compile my songs if you compile yours.

1) Firework - Katy Perry
2) Defying Gravity - Idina Menzel (off the album "I Stand")
3) Dancing Queen - ABBA
4) The Best Damn Thing - Avril Lavigne
5) Play On - Carrie Underwood
6) Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
7) Extraordinary Girl - Green Day
8) Red High Heels - Kelly Pickler
9) Only Prettier - Miranda Lambert
10) Somewhere Trouble Don't Go - Miranda Lambert
11) So What - P!nk

Please add more

Love, Emily
1love_emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pink's Raise Your Glass is also a great song for that, I think.

I might have to put together this playlist once everyone's added to it
Old 01-06-2011, 05:36 AM   #3
*Goofy*Girl*
Kimmy

*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed*Goofy*Girl* never has a post go unnoticed

Anything by Lady Gaga or Stevie Nicks.
*Goofy*Girl* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Here's what I came up with.

Everybody Got Their Something - Nikka Costa
Extraordinary - Liz Phair
So Fresh, So Clean - Outkast
Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls
Monkey Gone to Heaven - Pixies
It's My Turn and Do You Know (Theme from Mahogany) - both Diana Ross
Winter - Tori Amos
Breakout - Swing Out Sister
Rainbow Connection - Sarah McLachlan (Kermit's version is pretty good too)
Empire State of Mind - Jay-Z
Life is Beautiful & 10,000 Motherfuckers - both by Jason Mraz

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

1. Hold us down - Christina Aguilera
2. Hate on me haters - Jill Scott
3. The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
4. Faint - Linkin Park (So this is like the anti-confidence song but it gets my heart pumping)
5. Hero - Chad Kroeger
6. Fame - Irene Cara
7. Everybody Loves me - One Republic
8. Only Girl in the World - Rhianna
9. Love Generation - Bob Sinclair
10. Rise Up - Yves La Rock
11. No Stress -Laurent Wolf
12. Its a kinda magic - Queen

There's like a million others but these are the basics

Last edited by Tau; 01-07-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
I Don't Care - Fallout Boy
Pink - U +Ur Hand
Circus - Britney Spears
I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin (taken in my own context)
I Stand Alone - Godsmack
Happiest Girl (Jack Mix) - Depeche Mode
Dare - Gorillaz
Old 01-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #7
bobbleheaddoll
loves her bhm!

bobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging inbobbleheaddoll makes people happy simply by logging in

1. i will survive-gloria gaynor
2. tubthumpin-chumbawumba
3. it's raining men-weather girls
4. adore-prince
5. fat bottomed girls-queen
6. big girls you are beautiful-mika
7. raise your glass -pink
8. standing outside the fire-garth brooks
9. theme to st. trinians-girls aloud
10. sweet vibrations-marky mark and the funky bunch

ok, that last one is a bit 'it's so bad it's good'...but it really pumps me up!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbleheaddoll View Post
6. big girls you are beautiful- mika
I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH. I also love the song Lollipop by Mika. SO CUTE

Love, Emily
Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #9
Bigtigmom
100% REAL, give it a try!

Bigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1love_emily View Post
I'm a girl who lives on her iPod. I have a playlist for almost everything! Except, I realized I don't have one for self confidence anthems. I feel that everyone needs a playlist of those - a song they can listen to when they need a pick-me-up.

So, I'll compile my songs if you compile yours.

1) Firework - Katy Perry
2) Defying Gravity - Idina Menzel (off the album "I Stand")
3) Dancing Queen - ABBA
4) The Best Damn Thing - Avril Lavigne
5) Play On - Carrie Underwood
6) Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
7) Extraordinary Girl - Green Day
8) Red High Heels - Kelly Pickler
9) Only Prettier - Miranda Lambert
10) Somewhere Trouble Don't Go - Miranda Lambert
11) So What - P!nk

Please add more
Yes!! Another girl with diversity and good taste in music!!
So here is my long list thanks to always having my Ipod with me also!!

1) U + Ur Hand~~Pink!
2) Cuz I Can~~Pink!
3) Stupid Girls~~Pink!
4) Raise Your Glass~~Pink!
5) Blah Blah Blah~~Keisha
6) Big Girl Now~~NKOTB
7) Club Can't Handle Me~~Flo Rida
8) Forever Young~~Jay-Z
9) Gunpowder and Lead~~Miranda Lambert
10) What's My Name?~~Rihanna and Drake
11) The Strong One~~Clint Black
12) Ridin Solo~~Jason Derulo
13) Not Afraid~~Eminem
14) Only Girl In the World~~Rihanna
15) I Didn't Know My Own Strength~~Whitney Houston
16) I Made It~~Kevin Rudolph feat. L'il Wayne
17) Irreplaceable~~Beyonce
18) I'm A Survivor~~Reba
19) My Baby Loves Me~~Martina McBride
Old 01-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #10
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Jay-Z's Forever Young!! It really makes me feel like endless, eternal summer days with nothing more taxing to do than have fun. And that Fly like a G6 track makes me like this
The Fireworks song is also growing on me.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #11
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Everytime I hear Naughty by Beyonce... I feel hot! I get up and start bellydancing. Such a good bellydance song!

I also feel wicked sexy whenever I hear Bob Marley.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
Bigtigmom

Bigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau View Post
Jay-Z's Forever Young!! It really makes me feel like endless, eternal summer days with nothing more taxing to do than have fun. And that Fly like a G6 track makes me like this
The Fireworks song is also growing on me.
You have to see the video for Firework, it's the best video I've seen in a while.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #13
Myn

Myn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot picsMyn does more than just post hot pics

Stay Awake, by Aerials Up always makes me smile and get a second wind when I'm on the treadmill.

And, cheesy as it is, moments where I need confidence and/or am celebrating are frequently met with the Queen double whammy of We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions. Sometimes, you just need to embrace the cliche.
Myn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #14
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

Rock & Roll Singer - ACDC always fires me up! Gets me ready to well yes, rock & roll so to speak
Old 01-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #15
gobettiepurple
I'm your huckleberry

gobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going ongobettiepurple knows EXACTLY what's going on

"i like that" - static revenge featuring luciana . . . whenever I hear it [and i often do, because it is my ringtone] it makes me want to shake my money-maker, and I seldom care who is around to bear witness!!
gobettiepurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #16
graphicsgal

graphicsgal can now change their title

Just Fine-Mary J Blige
Get Back Up-TI featuring Chris Brown
Diva-Beyonce
No Scrubs-TLC
Good Love-Mary J Blige featuring TI
Imma Be-Black Eyed Peas

Agreed with Gaga...love that woman. And P!nk is my girlfriend. So many of her songs speak of empowerment. Her new album is genius...I love all the songs with Fuckin' Perfect being my favorite.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #17
Bigtigmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicsgal View Post
Just Fine-Mary J Blige
Get Back Up-TI featuring Chris Brown
Diva-Beyonce
No Scrubs-TLC
Good Love-Mary J Blige featuring TI
Imma Be-Black Eyed Peas

Agreed with Gaga...love that woman. And P!nk is my girlfriend. So many of her songs speak of empowerment. Her new album is genius...I love all the songs with Fuckin' Perfect being my favorite.

I agree Pink is ma girl!!!! She's non-conformative and I love that!! We need more celebs brave enough to just be themselves and keep it real!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #18
comaseason
Housewares

comaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging incomaseason makes people happy simply by logging in

You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC
Lost Girls - Tilly and the Wall
Janine - Soul Coughing
Love You - Free Design
Some Kind of Wonderful - Grand Funk Railroad
Shameless - Ani DiFranco
She Bop - Cyndi Lauper
Know Your Rights - The Clash
Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves - Aretha Franklin
Happy Little Sunbeam - Chet Baker
Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin
The Bitch is Back - Elton John
Rock Star - Hole
Turn Off the Light - Nelly Furtado
Stranger - Presidents of the USA
I'm Old Fashioned - Mandy Patinkin
Sweet Jane - Cowboy Junkies
Kick Out the Jams - Bad Brains feat. Henry Rollins
Leave Mine to Me - Bad Religion
Just Like A Woman - Bob Dylan
I Feel You - Depeche Mode
Bei Mir Bist Du Schon - Ella Fitzgerald
Bernadette - Four Tops
Stardust - Nat King Cole
On the Street Where You Live - Nat King Cole
6/8 - Operator Please

http://comaseason.deviantart.com/
comaseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:28 PM   #19
Cynthia

Cynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging inCynthia makes people happy simply by logging in

As soon as I click “submit,” I know I’ll think of at least five more songs. These are the ones that immediately come to mind, in no particular order ….

Breakout – Swing out Sister
I’m Every Woman – Chaka Khan
Brave and Crazy – Melissa Etheridge
Fantasy – Earth, Wind, and Fire
Suffragette City – David Bowie
Baby Love – Mother’s Finest
Cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #20
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's cheesy but BOB's 'I got the magic in me' song always cheers me up and energises me when i'm getting tired and grouchy at work late on a saturday night. Also Mama Said by The Shirelles.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #21
1love_emily
COLLEGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by comaseason View Post
Bei Mir Bist Du Schon - Ella Fitzgerald
I love you forever for putting this song on the playlist. I adore Ella, and I especially love this song!

Be my best friend?

Love, Emily
Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #22
aocutiepi
a beautiful mess.

aocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticedaocutiepi never has a post go unnoticed

I have become a huge fan of P!nk's (seems as though we all love her fierceness!) new song "F**kin' Perfect." I actually like the real version AND the radio version, which is unusual for me.

Love the lyric, "Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead."

Total story of my life. Definitely boosts my confidence.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 PM   #23
Bigtigmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by aocutiepi View Post
I have become a huge fan of P!nk's (seems as though we all love her fierceness!) new song "F**kin' Perfect." I actually like the real version AND the radio version, which is unusual for me.

Love the lyric, "Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead."

Total story of my life. Definitely boosts my confidence.

Absolutely!!! After all we are the majority, right? So why do they get to tell us what is pretty, desired, healthy and beautiful? Just another way the world has become warped.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:24 AM   #24
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Eliza Dolittle - Pack up your troubles
Old 01-19-2011, 07:35 AM   #25
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

These are off the top of my head from the my iPod. They are among the songs I have listed under "You" as in Remember Who You Are! (All of my playlists titles are single syllable words - go figure.)

"You Gotta Be" - Des'ree
"Fine" - Mary J. Bligh
"I'm Not Ready To Back Down" - Dixie Chicks
"Simply the Best" - Tina Turner
"My Vision" - Seal
"Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" Drowning Pool
"Lose Yourself" - Eminem
"Keep the Faith" - Bon Jov
"Unbreakable" - Bon Jovi
"I Gotta Feeling" - Black Eyed Peas
"I'm Every Woman" - Chaka Khan / Whitney Houston
"Beautiful Day" - U2
"I Hope You Dance" - Lee Ann Womack
"I am Beautiful" - Christina Aguilera
"Fighter" - Christina Aguilera
"Stand" - Rascal Flatts
"I Feel Pretty" - West Side Story
"Gonna Fly Now" - Bill Conti, theme from Rocky
"Eye of the Tiger" - Survivor, theme from RockyIII
"Far From Over" Frank Stallone, theme from Staying Alive
"Live Like You Were Dying" - Tim McGraw
"What A Feeling" - Irene Cara
"Fame" - Irene Cara
"When You're Good to Mama" - Chicago
"Really Gotta Want It" - B4-4
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote