Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 01-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #1
ace7

ace7 can now change their title
Default Smaller girl wanting to gain.

Hi, there! I'm brand new to this forum, but I've browsed it a bit and I'm intrigued by the amount of confidence here. Frankly, I love it. Most of my teen years were spent fretting and worrying about my weight because I was turned down a lot for being a little overweight. About a year ago I started working to lose weight and managed to get rid of 40 extra pounds (leaving me currently at 120-125). Well, I've had my fun with being thin (it's honestly not as great as I thought it would be), and I actually want to work to gain my weight back, and then some.

I've been looking up healthy ways to gain weight. I've counted calories daily and I find myself just feeling sick by the end of the day. I have a feeling I shouldn't be feeling sick, but I've never tried to gain weight before, so I'm a bit clueless.

I basically want to go backwards here.

I like the atmosphere here, so I guess in short, what would you suggest for me? Any advice is greatly appreciated!
ace7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #2
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hello there, longtime lurker!

In your case, all I can suggest is patience mixed with lots of calories. Eat as much (but only as much!) as you can handle, cut back on your activity level, and enjoy the process of being free of whatever sacrifices you had to make to lose the weight initially.

One possibility, however, is that your body might actually have been more suited to be this size all along, with the extra weight just being a holdover from not being so active during puberty and your teen years. Not knowing anything about your background, I can't say for sure, but the only way you're going to know for sure is just to give yourself complete freedom to eat anything you wish, and see what happens.

On the upside, you have great curves that don't seem to change much (proportionally) despite the amount of weight added or taken away from them, so hopefully you'll see yourself filling back out like you like, and that'll make it all even better.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:01 AM   #3
merle234

merle234 has said some nice things

Just eat a lot of healthy stuff.
merle234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #4
Fuzzy Necromancer

Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in

Wilkomen!

One thing that might help is >>variety<<. Eat a lot of different foods. This ensures you should get a range of nutrients, healthier base, and it keeps your stomach from becoming "bored" with the same type of food If you eat too much of the same thing, you get nauseous faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
fiddypence
Fast Feedist

fiddypence can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfiddypence can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

If you want to gain weight healthily then you should do weight training, that should also stimulate your appetite. Eat lots of nuts and add olive oil to things.
fiddypence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #6
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Be Healthy And Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by merle234 View Post
Just eat a lot of healthy stuff.

Eat healthy foods, avoiding excessive sodium, refined sugar, and saturated fats. Eating a by a small excess over the long run and gaining less than 2 lbs per week should be safest, giving your body ample time to adjust to weight gain. Be kind to your body.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
exponder
Texas Rambler

exponder can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesexponder can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Good advice indeed. Most importantly is to stay healthy. And there's nothing wrong with being content with who you are. I'd advice against trying to gain a lot of weight in early years of life.

It becomes quite difficult to remove once you've become older.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:04 AM   #8
fiddypence
Fast Feedist

fiddypence can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfiddypence can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Ok I didn't have much of a chance to respond earlier. You might have noticed that there is a bunch of stuff going on here at Dims. There are men and women fat and thin. This is a size acceptance site as well as a place to discuss fat sexuality. An overwhelming theme here is learning to accept who you are, and not because of or in spite of your weight.

So I guess you have to ask yourself why you want to gain weight. Looking at your pictures, you seem to be set in the "curves" dept. If you just want to be "bigger" but stay healthy then I go back to what I said before and would suggest a weight training program to gain muscle exactly where you want. If you just want to gain weight then I would suggest eating foods that are dense in healthy fats, like olive oil and nuts. Eat plenty of carbs also, but be sure to eat the good kind.

Above all I would remember that it is easier to gain weight than to lose it.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:13 PM   #9
ace7

I went up about 10lbs so I'm getting there! ^_^

Recent pics compared to old ones

Left to Right - Old/Current
http://img29.imageshack.us/i/ffface.png/

Left to Right - Current/Old
http://img18.imageshack.us/i/comparevs.png/
Old 02-23-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
fiddypence
Fast Feedist

So, how did you manage it? Are you feeling ill still?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #11
ace7

Nope.
I have had more variety and ever since I was eating different things I wasn't sick anymore
Old 02-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #12
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

An excellent start hopefully the more you CAN eat, the more you WILL eat!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #13
fiddypence
Fast Feedist

Interesting. I've been trying to gain some weight recently but I find it almost impossible. The problem is that I feel ill if I eat too much. I also feel ill if I eat a lot of "junk". What kinds of things did you eat?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #14
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Good luck with your gain! I was in the same boat and felt awful being skinny.
Always felt so weak and nauseated I started eating on a reg basis and larger portions and the sick feeling went away.
Granted I gained a lot of weight but I'm soo much happier and feel great.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 05:14 PM   #15
ace7

Got some updated pics!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...117570001.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1757a0001.jpg/

135 :3
Old 05-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #16
thefaa21

thefaa21 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesthefaa21 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

You have some really cute pics, you look great with the extra weight
thefaa21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
bobsjers

bobsjers has said some nice things

Very nice. Nice proportions. Any specific goals yet?
bobsjers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:57 AM   #18
ace7

Still wanting to try for that 200 mark, but we'll see how far it goes. I've been 160, so least up to there again.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #19
danbsc29630

danbsc29630 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace7 View Post
Still wanting to try for that 200 mark, but we'll see how far it goes. I've been 160, so least up to there again.
You can do it!
danbsc29630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #20
Wagimawr

Looks great on you! Hope it keeps going well.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
infinity57401

infinity57401 has said some nice things

You are looking great! Keep up the good work!
infinity57401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #22
fc2000

fc2000 has said some nice things

This is such a fun thread. It is very refreshing to read about someone who, after trying out being thinner for a while, decides that the extra pounds were nicer. Hopefully ace7 will stop in with an update at some point.
fc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote