Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-10-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Fuddruckers

Who else is a big fan of these delicious and generous burgers?

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I went there with my friend Nancy the other day and I have to say that the burger was fantastic. I got the BLack & Blue it had carmelized onion, and blue cheese. The fries were great and the onion rings were good too.

Nancy got a burger that had an egg on it, I can't remember the name of it but she LOVED it and it looked really good too.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
sugar and spice

sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!sugar and spice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Whoo I love their burgers in fact it was where I asked my husband to take us on our second date. They have nice sturdy chairs too very fat friendly place.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I prefer the 2/3 pound burger over the 1 pounder, because one pound is just too much burger.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I like them a lot. I usually get a small burger and eat a ton of stuff from their condiment bar.

I also enjoy mispronouncing their name.

- Jim
Old 01-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

DIdn't even know they were still around
Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM   #7
Elfcat
Radical FPL from Hell

Elfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticedElfcat never has a post go unnoticed

Great place. They got different meats too. Ostrichburger anyone?
Elfcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Big fan of Fuddrucker's. Now I'm totally craving a couple of cheeseburgers.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:59 AM   #9
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There isn't one around where I live, and so I haven't had the pleasure for a good 15 years. From what I remember, the burgers were awesome, and the setting was ... interesting. It sort of looked like the cows walked in on one side and burgers came out the other, with a giant, visible meat locker with a big glass window. Do they still have that?
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #10
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

OMG I had forgotten how really wonderful Fuddrucker's hamburgers are.. We used to have 2 in Nashville and we tried to get there every couple of weeks. Sadly both closed and now I'm left craving a burger.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #11
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920 View Post
I went there with my friend Nancy the other day and I have to say that the burger was fantastic. I got the BLack & Blue it had carmelized onion, and blue cheese. The fries were great and the onion rings were good too.

Nancy got a burger that had an egg on it, I can't remember the name of it but she LOVED it and it looked really good too.
That was my first Fuddruckers visit and it was as good as billed. The burger I had was called a Jersey Burger. It had egg, taylor ham, and cheese on a burger. I confess to not being very adventurous when it comes to trying things outside of the box and I was hesitant. However, I haven't had a taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwich (a Jersey standard) in a while and was craving one. I didn't know how it would work with a burger but it was delectable! So good. I want another one soon!
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Eh, I've never understood the hype. As a picky eater, I do like that you are in complete control of the toppings. But the meat is always overseasoned and the bun is way too big for a good proportion. And the fries are terrible.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:16 AM   #13
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
There isn't one around where I live, and so I haven't had the pleasure for a good 15 years. From what I remember, the burgers were awesome, and the setting was ... interesting. It sort of looked like the cows walked in on one side and burgers came out the other, with a giant, visible meat locker with a big glass window. Do they still have that?
Yep.

That pretty much describes the one here. Hanging cow carcasses, sacks of taters, stacks of heads of lettuce, and 'maters in piles. They've gotta prove that they're real, no doubt.

'Interesting' is being very generous. The ambiance sucks. Kind of like the restaurant on the moon -- the food's OK, but the atmosphere is nonexistent.

I go there once a month or so.

- Jim
Old 01-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Rob took me to one while we were still dating. I got violently ill from the food.

That one has since closed, so I've promised to go try a different one. I wasn't impressed the first time..maybe I will be the second time.

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Let's go again soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyGirl74 View Post
T I want another one soon!
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #16
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
That was my first Fuddruckers visit and it was as good as billed. The burger I had was called a Jersey Burger. It had egg, taylor ham, and cheese on a burger. I confess to not being very adventurous when it comes to trying things outside of the box and I was hesitant. However, I haven't had a taylor ham, egg, and cheese sandwich (a Jersey standard) in a while and was craving one. I didn't know how it would work with a burger but it was delectable! So good. I want another one soon!
Oh dear GOD, that sounds delicious. Absolutely amazing. I LOVE pork roll (that's what we called Taylor Ham in my part of Jersey) and with the egg...I may have to break down and order some pork roll online to try this at home.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:04 PM   #17
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
Oh dear GOD, that sounds delicious. Absolutely amazing. I LOVE pork roll (that's what we called Taylor Ham in my part of Jersey) and with the egg...I may have to break down and order some pork roll online to try this at home.
It was amazing! We call it pork roll here too. Well, we used to when I was a kid. Now more often than not I hear it called Taylor ham. I don't know if there is a slight difference or if Taylor ham just sounds less coronary inducing than pork roll.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #18
NancyGirl74

I just Wiki'ed it...

Quote:
Pork roll is a type of sausage-like meat product commonly available in and around New Jersey and Philadelphia. In North Jersey it is usually called Taylor Ham.[1] The product, as it is made today, was developed in 1856[2] by John Taylor of Trenton, New Jersey *snipped*

Here's the link if you want to read more. It's actually pretty interesting. lol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pork_roll
Old 01-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #19
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I was just thinking, the difference between pork roll and Taylor ham is what part of Jersey you are from. Cause up north it is Taylor ham. And south Jersey folks refer to it as pork roll. It is still good either way. And unfortunately, not available in Florida.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #20
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I haven't been to Fuddrucker's in 20 years, but I've kind of had a longing for it from time to time.

I was wondering, do they still have the big pot of cheese sauce out among the condiments so you can make your own cheese fries if you want to?

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:53 AM   #21
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
I haven't been to Fuddrucker's in 20 years, but I've kind of had a longing for it from time to time.

I was wondering, do they still have the big pot of cheese sauce out among the condiments so you can make your own cheese fries if you want to?
Yes. The very same kind of cheese you get in a gas station to pump over your bag of nachos. Ick.

I do like the burgers, but don't think that the quality is so much better than a fast food burger that it justifies such a huge price difference. I get the 1/3 pound which is only slightly bigger than a McDonalds cheeseburger, and add mushrooms and cheese. It's nearly $8 just for the burger. My husband gets the 1/2 pound hamburger combo with fries & drink and that's nearly $10. Add a $5 kid meal for our son and we've had a slightly better than fast food experience for 2-3 times more than what it would have cost us to go to Culvers.

And I like Culvers fries way better, anyway.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #22
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
The restaurant here has more of a rustic "Cracker Barrel" setting now, since it sits in a college town. All sorts of football, basketball, etc pictures, jerseys, equipment line the walls. The meat locker has been toned down to a single window that displays the "cuts of the day".

Huge "salad bar" of burger fixin's, sauces, and Yes, the Hot Cheese Whiz.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #23
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
It was amazing! We call it pork roll here too. Well, we used to when I was a kid. Now more often than not I hear it called Taylor ham. I don't know if there is a slight difference or if Taylor ham just sounds less coronary inducing than pork roll.
I find this humorous. My son, who went to Rutgers and lived in NJ for 7 years, will not eat Pork roll - he says "That stuff should stay in Jersey"

Yet my daughter, currently a U Mass student, eats pork roll egg & cheese on an English muffin for breakfast several times a week, and requires me to have the ingredients in the fridge when she is home to visit. I am with my daughter on this one. I love pork roll.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:54 AM   #24
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Fuddrucker's are great,a freind of my mom's took us there one time.there burgers are delcious.i haven't been back since,but i still remember how good there burgers were.locations are rare,wish there were more open.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #25
AshleyEileen
chunky

AshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions communityAshleyEileen is a pillar of the Dimensions community

The location in Pittsburgh closed a few weeks ago. It was just a short walk from my work. It's now "The Pittsburgh Burger Company" and I think it's a ridiculously stupid name.