Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 01-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #26
dudley100

dudley100 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seda View Post
I'm one! I had a mini pink plaid skirt, Dr Martens, breasts you could poke and eye out with and a dog collar for a lot of years. It began when I was 17, listening to Manson getting unimaginably drunk and I felt the power that was seducing a man.

Sigh. Now my husband has to settle a look that is not quite as severe. Poor man.
We all get older and (a little) more sensible. I've gone from dreadlocks down my back to a skinhead. Still got the boots and punk t-shirts though. Do any of the 30+ still gig or go to the clubs?
dudley100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #27
PunkyGurly74
History wonkette

PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If I had someone or some friends to go with I would....I have gone by myself before but it was never fun.

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean. Do ya?
PunkyGurly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:47 PM   #28
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Agreed. When you go alone you feel like Morrissey is singing directly to you. That is an unsettling feeling.

Further up the thread I saw Manson mentioned (as in good ol' Marilyn, right?) - I kind of balked but then I considered the fact that most of the club going set these days wasn't even born when the last of the original run of Bauhaus albums was released (that would be Burning from the Inside - assuming you care).

The Sisters of Mercy were my gateway drug. I purchased a copy of First And Last And Always and it was over.
Seth Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #29
Seda
Throbbing member

Seda can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Warren View Post
Further up the thread I saw Manson mentioned (as in good ol' Marilyn, right?) - I kind of balked but then I considered the fact that most of the club going set these days wasn't even born when the last of the original run of Bauhaus albums was released (that would be Burning from the Inside - assuming you care).

You're right, I wasn't born when Burning from the Inside was released, and Morrissey makes me stabby. Marilyn was my gateway drug, which led me on to NIN, Ministry, Skinny Puppy the list goes on. I haven't been to a club in a while, the last time I went I kept getting hit on and felt up which is okay when you're single but as a married woman it kind of makes me a bit uncomfortable.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:56 AM   #30
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Seth Warren has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Do people just not have boundaries anymore? Then again, I remember one time where I was watching a show at a club and the couple nearby was making out. They started leaning over and rubbing - not brushing, not bumping, but rubbing up against me. I whipped around and screamed at them, "do you mind!" Must have scared them off because they didn't come anywhere near me after that. Mission accomplished.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 AM   #31
Seda
Throbbing member

Seda can now change their title

Yeah unfortunately my 'do you mind' was met with a 'no, I quite enjoy it'. The most charming was a man, crawling on his belly up to me and writing 'will you suck my dick?' on my hand. Totally appropriate behaviour for the club we were in but not effective at all.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:17 AM   #32
JustmeinGA

JustmeinGA can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Warren View Post
Allow me a moment to ponder upon a 400-pound beauty in black velvet who I saw at the club years ago...

Pardon me, I need more than a moment.

*Raises Hand*
Definitely goth here---not that I'm hard core but skaters and bondage pants are a stable in my wardrobe. Band tees trump corsets for me, but I do wear them, two of which are leather.
My shoes have 2 inch soles and usually have patterns with geometric shapes, skulls, or crosses.
I don't have any tats or piercings because I am wicked skeeered of needles.
However I have been known to die my hair bizarre shades that vary between blue, purple, and red.
JustmeinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 07:19 AM   #33
JustmeinGA

JustmeinGA can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley100 View Post
We all get older and (a little) more sensible. I've gone from dreadlocks down my back to a skinhead. Still got the boots and punk t-shirts though. Do any of the 30+ still gig or go to the clubs?

No clubs where I am at. I think I caught my "gothness" from drinking at the public water fountain in the city.
JustmeinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #34
dudley100

No hair now, but I used to have a green mohican. Also blue and red for a while.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #35
LivingCanvas

LivingCanvas can now change their title

Nope, you're definitely not alone.

My group of friends might not be as close-knit as we used to be but the "tribe" still exists. Basement shows, back patches hand sewn onto jackets, tattoos/piercings, fishnets with boots, drinking and just having an all around good time. God, I miss those days... Darn being a "grown-up."

Looking through some old photos left me all warm and fuzzy inside. Thought I might share a few...

Local shows packed so tight no one couldn't breathe...

but I wouldn't change it for anything in the world.

Oh, those drunken nights...

Boy, do I miss my synth dreads and corsets.

I don't think that cheap chandelier made it through the night, haha.
LivingCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #36
dudley100

Happy days. I miss the clubs, but I still get to a couple of festivals a year. Don't miss the dreads or Mohican, too much hassle. What were the last punk band you went to see. I say The Damned last summer. Still amazing.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #37
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudley100 View Post
Happy days. I miss the clubs, but I still get to a couple of festivals a year. Don't miss the dreads or Mohican, too much hassle. What were the last punk band you went to see. I say The Damned last summer. Still amazing.
I had a ticket to see The Damned a couple of years back. They had to cancel because something got fucked up with their visas. Colour me envious.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #38
Seth Warren
May she always be True

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmeinGA View Post
I don't have any tats or piercings because I am wicked skeeered of needles.
Everybody has tattoos and piercings now (except for you and I, apparently). They've become overrated, common and boring.

While I appreciate the artistry of a well-done tattoo, I usually see only one of those for every 50 or so Winnie-the-Poohs someone probably got drunkenly carved into his or her ass.

More often than not I find a piercing to be a horrible way to ruin a wonderful erogenous zone.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #39
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sometimes I incorporate punk/new wave looks into my makeup and style.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #40
Oldtimer76
Returned

Oldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingCanvas View Post
Nope, you're definitely not alone.

My group of friends might not be as close-knit as we used to be but the "tribe" still exists. Basement shows, back patches hand sewn onto jackets, tattoos/piercings, fishnets with boots, drinking and just having an all around good time. God, I miss those days... Darn being a "grown-up."

Looking through some old photos left me all warm and fuzzy inside. Thought I might share a few...

Boy, do I miss my synth dreads and corsets.
You're so cute
Old 02-04-2011, 10:14 PM   #41
LivingCanvas

LivingCanvas can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer76 View Post
You're so cute

Aw...shucks. :]
LivingCanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:58 AM   #42
oceanmachine

oceanmachine can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesoceanmachine can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange Mage View Post
Definitely had a "Oh man I love me some gothy girls" phase many years ago.
I got that when I was eighteen. It lasted some twelve years and still counting, along with the other two forementioned subgenres, and the whole nineties alternative look too. Unfortunately emo has definately kicked most ouf the others out, and they all tend to be skinny blerg types from what I see. Still, Devin Townsend in Manchester and (hopefully) the levellers in Leeds next month so there might be some hottie totty about, if Im lucky for a change
oceanmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #43
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Tanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Big time metal head here, delve into the goth world from time to time~!
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:33 PM   #44
Kat

Kat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Former punk rock chick here. I still love the music but I rarely go to concerts.
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:59 PM   #45
Dmitra
Drawing down the moonpie

Dmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDmitra is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Creaky old punker here. I used to go to a lot of shows when I was younger and lived down in SoCal. I still love punk -- old style and the better, newer offshoots -- in addition to hard rock, non-hair metal, and other variants. I love all kinds of music but that, along with power pop, is the stuff that sparks my musical soul.
Dmitra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:27 AM   #46
dudley100

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanmachine View Post
I got that when I was eighteen. It lasted some twelve years and still counting, along with the other two forementioned subgenres, and the whole nineties alternative look too. U
nfortunately emo has definately kicked most ouf the others out, and they all tend to be skinny blerg types from what I see. Still, Devin Townsend in Manchester and (hopefully) the levellers in Leeds next month so there might be some hottie totty about, if Im lucky for a change
Im off to see The Levellers in Liverpool next month, and hopefully The Undertones in June. Quality. Don't follow the emo scene so I have no opinion on it. I prefer to stick to the old stuff,the stuff I grew up with.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:34 AM   #47
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

If we're posting pictures. Its me through the ages hehe

and in my much younger years

Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 02:37 PM   #48
Oldtimer76
Returned

Oldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this boardOldtimer76 carries a lot of weight on this board

Great pics, Emma
Old 02-07-2011, 12:39 AM   #49
dudley100

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
If we're posting pictures. Its me through the ages hehe

and in my much younger years

You look great. Love the whole goth look, do you still dress the same Now?
Old 02-07-2011, 12:45 AM   #50
Sydney Vicious

Sydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkyGurly74 View Post
Here is something....I no longer own the corset - bad memories so I sold it - that is another story...but, wearing stuff like this was fun...but I was always "jealous" of the really put together goth girls who were thin and had the cutest outfits...(because they didn't sell those clothes in my size)...

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh where is the shirt under the corset from?!? I wannnnt one!

also, I'm not really 'goth' per say, but I'm eternally rockin' my torn up jeans and a black tshirt with my hair dyed red or black